Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Jon Barry the Nostradamus of basketball predictions - was 100% correct about the Heat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFMOf...elated#t=3m33s

notable quotes

"JB you've been saying that the bulls are the best fit for em ( lebron )"

"you dont think the heat will be the best team in the east"

"they wont get enough good players around them"

"they (wade/lebron) have to take a step back and should not try to play the same way as the last 7 years to make it work"

barry called it... he should have gone to chicago... barry knew the bulls would be at the top... barry knew miami wouldnt be great... barry knew they wouldnt get good players around them... barry knew they wouldnt work out if both wade and lebron tried to do too much...

Default Re: Jon Barry the Nostradamus of basketball predictions - was 100% correct about the Heat

Boy, if the Bulls get the championship this year LeBron will be so pissed...

I don't know if the Bulls are good enough to win it all, but I do think they are closer than the Heat.

Decent playground baller

Default Re: Jon Barry the Nostradamus of basketball predictions - was 100% correct about the Heat

If he went to the bulls I doubt it would have worked either. What about Rose? He'd become less effective.

Quote Originally Posted by griffmoney1784
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFMOf...elated#t=3m33s

notable quotes

"JB you've been saying that the bulls are the best fit for em ( lebron )"

"you dont think the heat will be the best team in the east"

"they wont get enough good players around them"

"they (wade/lebron) have to take a step back and should not try to play the same way as the last 7 years to make it work"

barry called it... he should have gone to chicago... barry knew the bulls would be at the top... barry knew miami wouldnt be great... barry knew they wouldnt get good players around them... barry knew they wouldnt work out if both wade and lebron tried to do too much...

I think Lebron would've ****ed the Bulls chemistry. Boozer is a good fit for them. He adds something else to contend with in their frontcourt. Bosh or Amare would've been great for the Bulls too.

Lebron was better off in NY. They had the cap space to sign him and Amare, plus a decent team to build up.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Chicago may have been a worse fit than Miami. Chemistry-wise, those were easily the two worst choices of the teams contending for his 'talents.'

Quote Originally Posted by Wordup
    If he went to the bulls I doubt it would have worked either. What about Rose? He'd become less effective.
    actually he would become MORE EFFECTIVE
    he would certainly shoot much better than 44% and even his 3pt will go up with all the open shots he will be getting........
    derrick rose complements lebron MUCH better than lets say wade because ROSE CAN SHOOT

lebron would fit like a glove there
    especially with how good they are defensively he brings even more defense
    im pissed he didnt go there
    i wanted him to go there since DAY 1

exactly what lebron needs is bulls and exactly what bulls need is something like lebron to be even a championship dynasty!
    lebron probably was thinking he didnt want to mess with jordans place and jordans legacy......... its true tho... he would be compared with jordan 24/7...... be in his shadow........ would feel like trying to fill his shoes..........
    Last edited by pauk; 03-17-2011 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    actually he would become MORE EFFECTIVE
    he would certainly shoot much better than 44% and even his 3pt will go up........
    derrick rose complements lebron MUCH better than lets say wade because ROSE CAN SHOOT

D-Rose is ball-dominant... which is what a point guard really should be. As far as I can tell, Rose and James would be using one ball on offense. Therefore, one of the two would be running the offense and the other would be standing around... Basically the same conundrum you see with Wade/James when one of the two is running the offense, only worse...

Awful fit.

Wade/Rose wouldn't have worked either.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

D-Rose is ball-dominant... which is what a point guard really should be. As far as I can tell, Rose and James would be using one ball on offense. Therefore, one of the two would be running the offense and the other would be standing around... Basically the same conundrum you see with Wade/James when one of the two is running the offense, only worse...

Awful fit.
    first of all dude... ROSE is not at lebrons or wades level.... lebron coming to bulls would let rose be ROSE....... right now you see clearly he is not playing comfortably... he is taking to many crazy shots... his FG% is down alot from his last 2 seasons because he is forced to be something he is not offensively (SUPER SCORER).......... the bulls WIN despite how ridicilously bad rose shoots.... why? BECAUSE BULLS WIN WITH THEIR DEFENSE..........
    adding lebron would free that burden up for rose and bulls would have a legit scorer who can do everything offensively......... which will let ROSE BE THE ROSE FROM LAST YEAR.......... THE ROSE WHO MADE THE RIGHT PLAYS, WHO TOOK THE RIGHT SHOTS, WHO DIDNT FORCE ANYTHING........

second.... ROSE CAN SHOOT compared to wade!!
    wade when he recieves those open shots from lebron he almost NEVER takes....... he just drives inside immediately and tries to get a whistle.....
    rose would not be afraid to take those open shots! he would be MORE THAN HAPPY.........

and bulls play hardcore defense anyways! they win games with DEFENSE!
    adding lebron would do nothing but give more DEFENSE and OFFENSE at the end of the day............

Decent playground baller

because ROSE CAN SHOOT
    And Wade can't?

first of all dude... ROSE is not at lebrons or wades level.... lebron coming to bulls would let rose be ROSE....... right now you see clearly he is not playing comfortably... he is taking to many crazy shots... his FG% is down alot from his last 2 seasons because he is forced to be something he is not offensively (SUPER SCORER).......... the bulls WIN despite how ridicilously bad rose shoots.... why? BECAUSE BULLS WIN WITH THEIR DEFENSE..........
    adding lebron would free that burden up for rose and bulls would have a legit scorer who can do everything offensively......... which will let ROSE BE THE ROSE FROM LAST YEAR.......... THE ROSE WHO MADE THE RIGHT PLAYS, WHO TOOK THE RIGHT SHOTS, WHO DIDNT FORCE ANYTHING........

second.... ROSE CAN SHOOT compared to wade!!
    wade when he recieves those open shots from lebron he almost NEVER takes....... he just drives inside immediately and tries to get a whistle.....
    rose would not be afraid to take those open shots! he would be MORE THAN HAPPY.........

and bulls play hardcore defense anyways! they win games with DEFENSE!
    adding lebron would do nothing but give more DEFENSE and OFFENSE at the end of the day............
    Your post = inane rambling

Rose 'being Rose' is when he has the ball in his hands and he is creating and playmaking. James 'being James' is when he has the ball in his hands and he is creating and playmaking.

All of this dancing around, talking about who is the better shooter between Wade and Rose or whether or not Rose is comfortable in his current offense, completely misses the bigger point.

When either James or Rose show me that they are capable of having an impact without the ball in their hands, I will consider their teaming up as a possible success. However, as it currently stands, that hasn't been proven.

Decent playground baller srekaL's Avatar

Lebron would make Rose mediocre just like he makes Wade mediocre when he dominates the ball. He should have went to a team that needed a primary ballhandler. Maybe Dallas, Clippers, or Knicks.

Local High School Star

Lebron would have improved the record of any team he went to but he would also prevent them going anywhere in the playoffs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall88
    Lebron would have improved the record of any team he went to but he would also prevent them going anywhere in the playoffs

miami won 47 games last year...right now theyre at 46 wins... they might win 53 this year if theyre lucky

theres 14 games left and right now theyre garbage. i see them going 7-7 here on out...

not much of an improvement considering they also got bosh

ok maybe 8-6
    Last edited by griffmoney1784; 03-17-2011 at 05:25 AM.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrife
    Boy, if the Bulls get the championship this year LeBron will be so pissed...

I don't know if the Bulls are good enough to win it all, but I do think they are closer than the Heat.
    I agree with this also. I'm not sre if the Bulls can win it all. I'm a Bulls fan, so I'd love to see it happen. But, if they do before lebron, I think ISH will have the biggest meltdown in the history of internet forums.