Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jon Barry the Nostradamus of basketball predictions - was 100% correct about the Heat

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    If he can't win by next season I will join that camp.. But just look at what the CAVS look like without LEBRON... 12 wins...
    Did you see that they also lost Shaq? And they had a lot of injuries in that 25 straight losses? Inform yourself before you ignorantly post fallacies genius

Local High School Star

Default Re: Jon Barry the Nostradamus of basketball predictions - was 100% correct about the Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    I think Lebron would've ****ed the Bulls chemistry. Boozer is a good fit for them. He adds something else to contend with in their frontcourt. Bosh or Amare would've been great for the Bulls too.

Lebron was better off in NY. They had the cap space to sign him and Amare, plus a decent team to build up.
    I wanted him here, but if he was going to go anywhere for "excitement" purposes, he should have gone to the Garden. One hundred percent guarantee that behind closed doors he is pissed about the level of excitement at Heat home games. He loves the stage, and right now the arena atmosphere is just lame, and he is their 2nd most loved player.

College superstar

Lebrons best choice would have been the knicks.

Felton
    Chandler
    Lebron
    Stoudemire
    Mozgof

That is a good line up right there.

Quote Originally Posted by griffmoney1784
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFMOf...elated#t=3m33s

notable quotes

"JB you've been saying that the bulls are the best fit for em ( lebron )"

"you dont think the heat will be the best team in the east"

"they wont get enough good players around them"

"they (wade/lebron) have to take a step back and should not try to play the same way as the last 7 years to make it work"

barry called it... he should have gone to chicago... barry knew the bulls would be at the top... barry knew miami wouldnt be great... barry knew they wouldnt get good players around them... barry knew they wouldnt work out if both wade and lebron tried to do too much...

Right cuz Jon was the only one who thought he would have fit better as a Bulls at the time.

Not airballing my layups anymore kraze94's Avatar

I'm not so sure LeBron and Rose would've worked either.

Rose is a similar player to D-Wade in some respects, but Rose is a better passer. Rose and LeBron would both need to dominate the ball exactly like in Miami. They would have spacing issues just like they do in Miami.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    frankly, I dont see it. He would look very solid in the bulls. sure, rose role would change, but the frontline (presuming they also brought in boozer, but even without him) would be awesome defensively. I see the bulls as being the best fit out of all the possible squads.

Noah - defensive big man with hustle and toughness (Andy V x 100)
    Boozer - solid low post scorer and pick and pop 15fter who is an excellent rebounder
    Deng- play him at the 2 as a spot up shooter? trade him for a legit 2? dude is a great defender and all around baller

Plus the bench bigs
    Rose is the Bulls' most important piece... He is their franchise player. Now, if you are talking about putting James in Rose's place and maybe trading Derrick for more complimentary pieces, Chicago may have been a good choice.

But, making James and Rose compatible? I just don't see it. If you think that Wade and James have a difficult time deciding who is going to take the ball when, try James and Rose. It would be a serious, serious issue.

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    and what happens when Miami is facing Boston for the ECF this year...what whill he say about the Bulls then?

Miami has 5-years to figure this out. already, they are off to a good start and it only goes up from here. don't know why everyone thinks Lebron/Bosh joining Wade guarantee's titles. they know they need more time and more chemistry, as well as additional supporting cast.

Miami is locked for the next 5yrs at being in the ECF...that's their minimum quota as far as I see it. whether they get the additional players/chemistry to help win titles is another chapter waiting to be written.
    This team was supposed to compete for a championship immediately. There was no talk about chemistry issues or the bench or the supporting cast during the 'Welcome' celebration in Miami in July. In fact, they acted as though the title had already been won.

What we've seen is a team with massive deficiencies, not just with the supporting cast or the bench, but with the roles of the 'Big 3.' Hell, people were talking about them challenging the 72-win mark. Turns out, they won't even approach the Cavs' regular season record from last year (let alone the Cavs' record from '09)... And they may only slightly exceed MIAMI's record from last year.

No matter what kind of spin you put on it, this regular season has been a massive disappointment, they haven't lived up to their egomaniacal offseason and they have the kind of holes that will not be simple to remedy.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Oh wow. If Joe Johnson would've went to the Bulls, depending on how much money they'll give him, they would be really really good. Too many options.

Rose
    JJ
    Deng
    Bozzer
    Noah

Including their bench? Damn with Thib directing the O and D? Woow.

But yeah, LBJ had to play off the ball for Rose to be efficentive. And I'm not sure if Thib would allow LBJ to control the ball that much. The same thing with Wade, although he needs the ball less than LeBron, he can't shoot that well.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    This team was supposed to compete for a championship immediately. There was no talk about chemistry issues or the bench or the supporting cast during the 'Welcome' celebration in Miami in July. In fact, they acted as though the title had already been won.

What we've seen is a team with massive deficiencies, not just with the supporting cast or the bench, but with the roles of the 'Big 3.' Hell, people were talking about them challenging the 72-win mark. Turns out, they won't even approach the Cavs' regular season record from last year (let alone the Cavs' record from '09)... And they may only slightly exceed MIAMI's record from last year.

No matter what kind of spin you put on it, this regular season has been a massive disappointment, they haven't lived up to their egomaniacal offseason and they have the kind of holes that will not be simple to remedy.
    seems to me you got caught up in the media hype...

all you had to do was look at the line-up and realize that this years team had no shot at 72-wins, would have gaps at C and PG and would need time to gel. to think otherwise would be ridiculous!

there is no "spin" to anything...no team is built in 1-year, Boston is an exception as every piece complimented one another.

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    seems to me you got caught up in the media hype...

all you had to do was look at the line-up and realize that this years team had no shot at 72-wins, would have gaps at C and PG and would need time to gel. to think otherwise would be ridiculous!

there is no "spin" to anything...no team is built in 1-year, Boston is an exception as every piece complimented one another.
    Trust me, I'm the last one that was caught up in the hype. I was calling these potential problems from Day 1 of the announcement (and getting flamed for it by James fans). I'm not talking about media hype, either... I'm talking about player expectations.

Those guys showed no signs that they thought this thing would take time. Wade was even quoted as saying that, if they lost two games in a row, it would be like the WTC was coming down all over again... They've had a span of FIVE straight losses (and are currently losers of 7 out of the last 10).

James was quoted as saying that, when they were on the court, that would be the easy part... That they would win 7+ titles (which basically means they would need to start this year and they still wouldn't get there).

Nothing in those guys' attitudes in the lead-up to the season told me that they were thinking 'long-term' or that anything less than a title THIS SEASON would be acceptable.

It is only now that their goals have been tempered and their egos seemingly checked... But no one is going to soon forget the way that they carried on all offseason... Nor should we forget.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Chicago may have been a worse fit than Miami. Chemistry-wise, those were easily the two worst choices of the teams contending for his 'talents.'
    agreed...LeBron would of hijacked the offense from Rose. And Rose would not be growing in to the player he is now. I think LeBron in NY with Amateur the young talent they had there...and the great fan base would of been huge n better for the NBA period. Everyone hate Miami. They watch to see them lose if anything. NY also would of had more money to add other pieces..dumb move LeBron.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

I tweeted Lebron that he should go to the bulls and I'm a Cavs fan. Boozer gone be useless in playoffs against bigger pf's. Playoffs a different game and players choke. Big Z gone choke for Miami. I'd love to see Okc vs the Bulls in the finals. I think Okc stands a great chance with the addition of Perk

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    first of all dude... ROSE is not at lebrons or wades level.... lebron coming to bulls would let rose be ROSE....... right now you see clearly he is not playing comfortably... he is taking to many crazy shots... his FG% is down alot from his last 2 seasons because he is forced to be something he is not offensively (SUPER SCORER).......... the bulls WIN despite how ridicilously bad rose shoots.... why? BECAUSE BULLS WIN WITH THEIR DEFENSE..........
    adding lebron would free that burden up for rose and bulls would have a legit scorer who can do everything offensively......... which will let ROSE BE THE ROSE FROM LAST YEAR.......... THE ROSE WHO MADE THE RIGHT PLAYS, WHO TOOK THE RIGHT SHOTS, WHO DIDNT FORCE ANYTHING........

second.... ROSE CAN SHOOT compared to wade!!
    wade when he recieves those open shots from lebron he almost NEVER takes....... he just drives inside immediately and tries to get a whistle.....
    rose would not be afraid to take those open shots! he would be MORE THAN HAPPY.........

and bulls play hardcore defense anyways! they win games with DEFENSE!
    adding lebron would do nothing but give more DEFENSE and OFFENSE at the end of the day............
    shut up

you're annoying and are an awful poster

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Lebron should of stayed with Cavs and had Amare or Bosh come over..

Quote Originally Posted by Dwade305
    I thought that was Brent?dumbf*ck

for ashbelly

Jon Barry

Brent Barry