Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: So wait, LeBron has been in the league 7 years less than Bryant?

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    I'm not talking just points. Alot can be great scorers. Lebron in terms of a career Lebron isn't close to Kobe.

Lebron is a GREAT player and puts up great stats but in terms of a career hasn't done anything YET. He is only 26 so he is going to need to win titles, have more deep runs in the playoffs, more all NBA teams, all defensive teams, finals MVP's.

How Lebron ages is going to be key, can he still be as great once he starts to decline and go past 30? Kobe has the skills to last a long time from 30-36 for example..does Lebron? that remains to be seen.
    dude.... lebron by that age will be better than kobe at 35 (i didnt bring up age 30 because thats freakin young man, thats the best year for most players... most players reach their PRIME PRIME right there)... 32-33 is where u start to decline athletically and so on.... jordan was at best from 28-32.. won his first championship 28

i dont know of ANY such good player with such skills & talent and work ethic of the level of lebron who were not able to adjust skills to suit his declining athleticism and so on after the age of 30.... not including those who were injured....

its not like lebron will go: "ah **** it... i cant jump over people anymore and i cant zip by everybody... i give up... without my athleticism i cant shoot, rebound, pass, defend or develope a hakeemesque post game... nothing.... all those skills depended on my athleticism so **** it."

LOL
    Last edited by pauk; 03-19-2011 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    dude.... lebron by that age will be better than kobe at 35 (i didnt bring up age 30 because thats freakin young man, thats the best year for most players... most players reach their PRIME PRIME right there)... 32-33 is where u start to decline athletically and so on....

i dont know of ANY such good player with such skills & talent and work ethic of the level of lebron who were not able to adjust skills to suit his declining athleticism and so on after the age of 30.... not including those who were injured....
    You would hope Lebron would adjust his game and work on other areas but there is no lock that happens. Same with Wade. Both depend alot on their speed and quickness to be as great as they are..once that goes then what? that will be interesting to see. Lebron needs to work on his post game, that will make him last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    You would hope Lebron would adjust his game and work on other areas but there is no lock that happens. Same with Wade. Both depend alot on their speed and quickness to be as great as they are..once that goes then what? that will be interesting to see. Lebron needs to work on his post game, that will make him last longer.
    his post game being bad is a ****ing myth....
    he has a good post game... its not HAKEEM LEVEL or even KOBE LEVEL.... but its good.... he just doesnt use it for obvious reasons!!

I do agree he definitely can improve his post game tho!!! right now...? not needed the slightest bit..... post game is for those slow unathletic dudes who cant do what lebron can do.... lebron gets the ball in the post... faces up... one quick jab step and BAM he explodes to the rim... with one step he is already by you and going for a AND1.... so i can see why he doesnt use his post game very often

here is one analogy on lebron not wanting to post up so much....
    lets say you have a .50 cal Sniper and a Bow with a Arrow... an elephant is running towards u to kill u.... would you use the Sniper or the Bow/Arrow?
    u use the SNIPER right?? why play around with the Bow & Arrow and give the Elephant a chanse to kill you when you can finish it of quickly with the Sniper???
    now all of the sudden u are criticised for not being skilled with Bow & Arrow..... but u are... u just have another weapon which nobody else has which gets the job done much more easier and more efficient than anybody could with a Bow & Arrow no matter how skilled they was with the Bow & Arrow!!
    get it?

here is one analogy on lebron not wanting to post up so much....
    lets say you have a .50 cal Sniper and a Bow with a Arrow... an elephant is running towards u to kill u.... would you use the Sniper or the Bow/Arrow?
    u use the SNIPER right?? why play around with the Bow & Arrow and give the Elephant a chanse to kill you when you can finish it of quickly with the Sniper???
    now all of the sudden u are criticised for not being skilled with Bow & Arrow..... but u are... u just have another weapon which nobody else has which gets the job done much more easier and more efficient than anybody could with a Bow & Arrow no matter how skilled they was with the Bow & Arrow!!
    get it?
    how much is jeff paying u to keep the circus up and running 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    how much is jeff paying u to keep the circus up and running 24/7?
    nothing
    but maybe he should? gona talk to jeff right now!
    1.000.000$ should be aight i think per month? this job is tough!!

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Kevin Durant may catch up to Kobe too if he is going to keep going on his current pace too.

Banned

heres the difference between kobe and lebron fans in a nutshell

- Kobe fans will make excuses as to why kobe hasnt done enough to be GOAT

- Lebron fans will make excuses as to why lebron hasnt done anything

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by griffmoney1784

/thread

Banned

please dont let me ever hear anybody make that excuse ever again ok?

kobe came into the league not even close to as NBA ready as lebron...... kobe played 15 minutes a game his rookie year for a reason...
    kobe played 25 minutes a game his sophomore year for a reason...

HE WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO AS NBA READY OR AS GOOD AS LEBRON............

LEBRON WAS THE MOST NBA READY 18 YEAR OLD IN NBA HISTORY..... WHILE KOBE HAD TO DEVELOPE HIS SKILLS IN THE NBA...... IT TOOK KOBE 4 YEARS TO BECOME AS GOOD AS EVEN A ROOKIE LEBRON.........

by the time kobe was 21 (his 4th season) he was only then as good as the ROOKIE LEBRON.........

please get over it...

by the time kobe was 21-22 he put up the same amount of FG Attempts per game as Lebron ever did in his CAREER and still came up very short....... dont bring that excuse plz...

AND GUESS WHAT? DURING THAT PROCESS LEBRON WAS TOP 10 IN ASSISTS ASWELL..... AVERAGED MORE REBOUNDS, SHOT MORE EFFICIENTLY FG, MORE BLOCKS, STEALS... TRIPLE DOUBLES, DOUBLE DOUBLES.... YOUNGEST TO RECORDS....

kobe cant be compared to lebron.......... you better bring in the RINGS.... because thats the only thing holding him up...
    Kobe Bean Bryant

* 5-time NBA champion: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

* 7 NBA Finals appearances: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010

* 2-time NBA Finals MVP: 2009, 2010
    * NBA Most Valuable Player: 2008
    * 2-time scoring champion: 2006, 2007
    * 13-time NBA All-Star: 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

* 11 consecutive appearances (No All-Star game in 1999 due to a league-wide lockout)
    * Missed the 2010 game due to injury

* 4-time NBA All-Star Game MVP: 2002, 2007, 2009, 2011 (shared the 2009 award with Shaquille O'Neal)
    * 12-time All-NBA Team selection:

* First team: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
    * Second team: 2000, 2001
    * Third team: 1999, 2005

* 10-time All-Defensive Team selection:

* First team: 2000, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
    * Second team: 2001, 2002

* NBA All-Rookie Team selection:

* Second team: 1997

* NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion: 1997
    * 14-time Player of the Month: December 2000, November 2001, January 2003, March 2004, January 2006, April 2006, December 2006, March 2007, April 2007, February 2008, April 2008, December 2008, January 2009, December 2009

* Player of the Month was awarded separately to Eastern and Western Conference starting from the 2001

Banned

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by weebok
    He's also 5 championships behind him.
    kobe has 2 champions behind horry

horry > kobe

Banned

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by KG5MVP
    kobe has 2 champions behind horry

horry > kobe
    awww that's e-cuuuute.

Learning to shoot layups

/thread