Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default Re: Jimmer video. Ive watched him a bit this year and I cant decide on a prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    People need to get off this notion that a guy being a lotto pick, especially late lotto like he'll be, should equate to being a start that contributes in a major way. Run down all the 11-14 or so picks of the last handful of years.

He's instant offense off the bench, right now and for the rest of his career. That's it. If you can get a guy that'll give you 15 a night in 20 or so minutes that's not worth a lotto pick? Then the mitigating factors of him being at BYU, him being Mormon, small markets need to balance appealing to their fanbase with making solid on court contributions. Fredette is all of that. I guarantee you the Bobcats wish they'd drafted Hansbrough, it's the same deal.
    I don't agree. I don't think he is going to be able to off good shots in the NBA. I don't he will play much in the league because he wont warrant shots and does nothing else on the floor well. He isn't that much better of a shooter than other guys who have come out and not done anything in the league. Unless you think he going to start pulling up from 3 feet behind the NBA 3 point line and doing step back 3 pointers than I don't see where the scoring is coming from. He is just sorely overrated right now.

In the league, Jimmer is not doing anything except wide open jumpers and one dribble pull ups...is he that much better at that stuff than Salim Stoudamire?

This is the same bs I had to deal with when JJ Reddick came out... I don't think he projects to even be as good as a healthy Dejuan Wagner. People are talking like this guy is gonna a damn all star?

Also, why is it cool and humorous when Jimmer takes horrible shots? When JR takes the same shots people go at him? I wonder what kind of treatment JR would have gotten in college(too bad he is dumb)....
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 03-25-2011 at 04:21 AM.

Decent playground baller

Default Re: Jimmer video. Ive watched him a bit this year and I cant decide on a prediction.

lol, its funny that everyone has him going to Utah basically a guaranteed if available

Utah would really **** up their franchise, they already ****ed up when drafting R. Arujo or whatever....Jimmer has a college game not an NBA one.

Florida exposed him a bit, I wish they would have played UCONN.

Adam Morrison looked better than him in college. Busssssst.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Utah would really **** up their franchise, they already ****ed up when drafting R. Arujo or whatever....Jimmer has a college game not an NBA one.

Toronto drafted Arujo. Jazz traded Kris Humphries for him who wasn't that great at the time.

I imagine Utah will pick him with their second 1st rounder if he's still available. He can come off the bench behind Harris and CJ Miles.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I don't agree. I don't think he is going to be able to off good shots in the NBA. I don't he will play much in the league because he wont warrant shots and does nothing else on the floor well. He isn't that much better of a shooter than other guys who have come out and not done anything in the league. Unless you think he going to start pulling up from 3 feet behind the NBA 3 point line and doing step back 3 pointers than I don't see where the scoring is coming from. He is just sorely overrated right now.

In the league, Jimmer is not doing anything except wide open jumpers and one dribble pull ups...is he that much better at that stuff than Salim Stoudamire?

This is the same bs I had to deal with when JJ Reddick came out... I don't think he projects to even be as good as a healthy Dejuan Wagner. People are talking like this guy is gonna a damn all star?

Also, why is it cool and humorous when Jimmer takes horrible shots? When JR takes the same shots people go at him? I wonder what kind of treatment JR would have gotten in college(too bad he is dumb)....
    He's much better than Salim Stoudamire IMO. He's stronger and has better footwork, both of which will help him get his shot off.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter

Florida exposed everyone else. Jimmer scored 30/44 at one points for BYU and carried an undermanned BYU team to OT against a very good Florida team with a lot of NBA length and athleticism.

Ben Gordon, i'm sticking with that comparison personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Florida exposed everyone else. Jimmer scored 30/44 at one points for BYU and carried an undermanned BYU team to OT against a very good Florida team with a lot of NBA length and athleticism.

Ben Gordon, i'm sticking with that comparison personally.
    I'd be happy enough with a Ben Gordon type. If the Jazz are going to to give the starting SG job to CJ Miles then they need a guy off the bench who can score.

Made that high school varsity squad

energy offense bench guy.. the guy has horrible shot selection.. if he has good vision and set others up, he will be a poor mans nash...

Arcadia, CA

watched the game last night, when he takes those long range shots and misses them, he looks like a dumbass seriously.........2nd round pick and bench player for sure

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

I hadn't actually watched him til recently
    All I ever heard about was his 3pt range, but his handles aint bad either--

but will they be effective against 6'6 athletic freaks at the 2? I guess that's the question.
    As for being a ballhog, isn't he the only capable scorer on BYU?

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    I hadn't actually watched him til recently
    All I ever heard about was his 3pt range, but his handles aint bad either--

but will they be effective against 6'6 athletic freaks at the 2? I guess that's the question.
    As for being a ballhog, isn't he the only capable scorer on BYU?
    No way it will. He's strong himself, but that was against skinny college kids. Jimmer has a lot of decent attributes that look alright coming out of college, but none of it really says much about what he can do in the NBA. If he becomes a good 6th man at the least i will be surprised.

he has some crossovers too, granted they are not iverson type crossovers that are gonna break some ankles, but he can get his shots off. he has reddick range (obviously it hasnt translated well in the nba) and better handles than him. he has a little strength to him.

you have to realize how often florida doubled him because who else was going to make a shot for BYU? unfortunately for us, florida has enough athletes. BYU was missing their big man last night and it showed. both forwards for florida had really good games, that was the difference. it wasnt jimmer's shot selection, he just ran out of steam and was realizing those were going to be the cleanest looks he was going to get (30 footers).

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    he has some crossovers too, granted they are not iverson type crossovers that are gonna break some ankles, but he can get his shots off. he has reddick range (obviously it hasnt translated well in the nba) and better handles than him. he has a little strength to him.

you have to realize how often florida doubled him because who else was going to make a shot for BYU? unfortunately for us, florida has enough athletes. BYU was missing their big man last night and it showed. both forwards for florida had really good games, that was the difference. it wasnt jimmer's shot selection, he just ran out of steam and was realizing those were going to be the cleanest looks he was going to get (30 footers).

Excuses , excuses.....Jimmer shot the same terrible shots he always shoots but they didn't fall.

Maybe if he passed more and didn't stop the natural flow of the offense his teammates could have helped more.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

So....he went 10th.