Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Re: Obama is a shithead

Quote Originally Posted by mcrd101
    please show me the reports of us sending troops into Libya. Because of all the news I've heard, there are none. As I said before, its all air strikes. I guess you could say thats armed conflict but again, as I said before, it was more a decision by the UN than Obama.
    100+ tomahawk missiles I think qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    I hope Mitt Romney can start gaining some support. He's a guy who I can trust as President. I might cry if Pallin is nominated for Pres or Vice Pres
    I still don't know how to read him. He was able to get elected gov. of Mass. as a republican, which is no small feat.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I still don't know how to read him. He was able to get elected gov. of Mass. as a republican, which is no small feat.
    I think he's the Republicans best option right now unless some other candidate pops out of nowhere like Obama did (Jindal etc.)

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

he will be unable to garner support from populist repub types who now rule the roost. So, I have trouble seeing him getting the repub nomination unless the teaparty types destroy each other.

he changes more than chameleon though... He even changes more than McCain... and thats tough to do these days..

he is still figuring out how to win the nomination when Obama copied his health care and brings up that fact all the time

Romney is going to have enough trouble from Huckabee and Newt and them clowns they are gonna keep brining up romneycare.. He is the most sound candidate but he has romneycare tattoed on his forehead and the other GOP candidates wont let him forget that

High School Starter

100+ tomahawk missiles I think qualifies.
    i would say theres a significantly less risk though then it seems when someone says "were sending troops to 3 countries,"(implying Libya). I'm not saying that doing the bombings isn't dangerous for the pilots and such, but its not like its all out war. Obviously one lost life is too much, but I can't imagine hearing any staggering numbers, if any, of US casualties because of this Libya situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1

Romney is going to have enough trouble from Huckabee and Newt and them clowns they are gonna keep brining up romneycare.. He is the most sound candidate but he has romneycare tattoed on his forehead and the other GOP candidates wont let him forget that
    Good point. Like I said it's gonna be hard to find a republican with as much political savvy as Obama, not to mention he's got the power of incumbency.

Are people still seriously talking about Ron Paul? I thought we'd have moved on to a possible (lol, not really) Rand Paul Presidency. Let's be a little creative in the day dreaming...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Are people still seriously talking about Ron Paul? I thought we'd have moved on to a possible (lol, not really) Rand Paul Presidency. Let's be a little creative in the day dreaming...

you dont vote for somebody because they can win....

they dont need your vote if they are already going to win...

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    you dont vote for somebody because they can win....

they dont need your vote if they are already going to win...
    Nothing is guaranteed. The problem with most third parties is that they seem to always focus on the Presidency or take a Senate or governorship. What they need is a long term strategy. Start small and build your way up while growing your base.

don't care didn't vote for him.

Good college starter

Voted in like a boss

Presidency like a bosh

On another note, Mitt Romney FTW

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
    Voted in like a boss

Presidency like a bosh

On another note, Mitt Romney FTW
    so his presidency is equivalent to someone who's putting up 18.4 ppg and 8.3 rbg and a 5 time all star? sounds like a very respectable presidency by that measure

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Obama is still polling very high relative to past presidents at this point in their first terms. Reagan's approval ratings were in the low-30s well over two years into his first term.

Obama is still consistently getting approval ratings in the mid-to-high 40s, which is pretty incredible. If the economy starts to turn around even a little bit by the next election, no Republican stands a chance.

As it is, with only modest improvements in the unemployment rate, he is shown in polls to beat any candidate currently on the radar. There is a reason Republicans are being apprehensive about running. Guys like Chris Christie are the future of the party... Populace candidates who actually have a shot to be elected.

He doesn't want to enter the race, though, without having a shot to win. He is waiting to see if Obama's popularity dips or if the unemployment rate raises before he throws his hat in the ring. The Republicans know that Obama is going to be very difficult to beat, which is why you may see a patsy candidate (like Dole was in 1996) and they save their big gun for 2016 when they don't have to run him against Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Obama is still polling very high relative to past presidents at this point in their first terms. Reagan's approval ratings were in the low-30s well over two years into his first term.

Obama is still consistently getting approval ratings in the mid-to-high 40s, which is pretty incredible. If the economy starts to turn around even a little bit by the next election, no Republican stands a chance.

No republican stands a chance no matter what

I dont see any republicans who could beat Obama..

When Romney is the best shot? you know the GOP field is thin.

Newt?
    Pawlenty?
    Barbour?
    Palin?
    Romney?

Hell, throw in Guiliani for good measure...

That is the worst field of contenders Ive seen since Ive been paying attention to this stuff

Obama would slay all of them

As it is, with only modest improvements in the unemployment rate, he is shown in polls to beat any candidate currently on the radar. There is a reason Republicans are being apprehensive about running. Guys like Chris Christie are the future of the party... Populace candidates who actually have a shot to be elected.

He doesn't want to enter the race, though, without having a shot to win. He is waiting to see if Obama's popularity dips or if the unemployment rate raises before he throws his hat in the ring. The Republicans know that Obama is going to be very difficult to beat, which is why you may see a patsy candidate (like Dole was in 1996) and they save their big gun for 2016 when they don't have to run him against Obama.

Chris has the best shot of any Republican... That said, I live close enough to Nj to know that Christie has warts too and I would be interested to see how those would play out in a presidential campaign...

Christie smart enough not to jump out there right now though...

I think he is the best politician (besides Ron Paul :)) the GOP have