Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    I rule the local playground game385's Avatar

Default Re: Why did Jerry Krause destroy the Bulls?

According to Reisnsdorf he "didn't want to become the Celtics of the next decade" (given that the Celtics sucked for a while after the Bird years).

He thought they'd be able to rebuild quicker by demolishing the dynasty on his own terms as oppose to letting them get old on the court. Needless to say, he was sadly mistaken and thusly likely cost Chicago 2 more titles and ended up becoming the "new Celtics" anyway..

Personally, I believe the Bulls could have easily won the title in that 50 game lockout year in 99 (considering that an 8th seeded Knick team made it to the finals).

& in 2000 they would have come into the season well rested and ready for one more run. With Phil Jackson still in Chicago and not yet in L.A., the Bulls would have likely won their 8th title that year.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by game385
    According to Reisnsdorf he "didn't want to become the Celtics of the next decade" (given that the Celtics sucked for a while after the Bird years).

He thought they'd be able to rebuild quicker by demolishing the dynasty on his own terms as oppose to letting them get old on the court. Needless to say, he was sadly mistaken and thusly likely cost Chicago 2 more titles and ended up becoming the "new Celtics" anyway..

Personally, I believe the Bulls could have easily won the title in that 50 game lockout year in 99 (considering that an 8th seeded Knick team made it to the finals).

& in 2000 they would have come into the season well rested and ready for one more run. With Phil Jackson still in Chicago and not yet in L.A., the Bulls would have likely won their 8th title that year.
    Doesn't make sense. The reason the Celtics sucked after the Bird years was cause both Len Bias and Reggie Lewis had freak tragedies. If those two were around for the 90s, the Celtics would've been a contender. You don't break up a dynasty. You don't give up potential championships. Thats absolutely stupid.

Jerry Krause and Jerry Rheinsdorf are both awful people. Jordan not only had to fight the toughest era (physically & mentally) in NBA history for his 6 rings, but he had to constantly fight his management. Rheinsdorf never ever wanted to even go a penny over the salary cap, even when other teams were goinbg far over theirs and paying handsome luxury tax sums. And Krause was just completely vengeful and hateful to his own players, actively wishing for their failure to please his own sense of insidious revenge.

Krause is really a much sicker man than Jordan ever could hope to be. And to think Harry Teinowitz would always jockey for both these men [Krause and Rheinsdorf] (whom never played basketball at any competetive level tmk) to be inducted into the basketball hall of fame for their deeds ???.....alter meshugenah gonif.

Quote Originally Posted by game385

In reality, if Michael never took 2 years off, and Rheinsdorf and Krause could've :

1. Not actively tried to dismantle a dynasty approaching it's decline.
    2. went slightly over the salary cap
    3. stopped drafting horrendously bad fat power forwards every year

.....the Bulls could have very likely won 10 rings consecutively from 1991 to 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Doesn't make sense. The reason the Celtics sucked after the Bird years was cause both Len Bias and Reggie Lewis had freak tragedies. If those two were around for the 90s, the Celtics would've been a contender. You don't break up a dynasty. You don't give up potential championships. Thats absolutely stupid.
    That reasoning was an excuse. The bulls were primed to win at least 1 maybe 2 championships even after 98. Age be damned, those bulls were friggn great. And that's all that matters. Everybody ages at different times. And while I know mid 30s is normally when players decline, that just wasn't the case for those bulls

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Krause destroyed the Bulls at a perfect time. I don't see them winning another title if they stayed together. I give them a 30% chance of winning it in '99 & a 0% chance of winning it in 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Krause destroyed the Bulls at a perfect time. I don't see them winning another title if they stayed together. I give them a 30% chance of winning it in '99 & a 0% chance of winning it in 2000.
    Why no substance to your view?

To quote you:

I usually hit open layups 10x91= 5 Rings's Avatar

Why am I not suprised coming from a Laker?

Seriously,who was going to stop MJ? Who was going to stop a well oiled machine like the Bulls?Age was the only opponent that dynasty had to face and they were still ripping the hearts out of the opponents.Tell me,who was going to beat them? Old ass Rodman was still Shaqs kryptonite and last but not least....Lakers didn`t win anything until Phil Jackson started to coach them. So thank Jerry Krause you got the "Zen Master" and didn`t have to earn that threepeat against the Bulls.