Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default who's better and who's had the better career? wade or gasol?

neither has made it out of the first round without a superior player (shaq for wade, kobe for gasol). both are the best 2nd options in the game today.

i'll take gasol. ppl call him soft but you don't see him sitting out an entire season taking hgh to recover from a shoulder injury that he had to be wheelchaired out of the game from.

gasol is a much better defender than wade as well. dominated the best center in the league in 09 finals while wade was getting torched by joe johnson

gasol has two rings to wade's 1, which was giftwrapped anyway. gasol put up solid averages without any preferential treatment from the refs while wade needed 30 FTs a game to have a good series

so for career its obviously gasol, and i think gasol is also a better player as of right now than wade

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Default Re: who's better and who's had the better career? wade or gasol?

Wade. He's been considerably better, and more popular.

Even now, LA fans shit on Gasol whenever they get the chance. I don't think I've seen a single LA loss thread that didn't involve at least 15 posts blaming Gasol for the loss even if he was like 26/14 shooting 60%. His couple of misses would be the "reason" why they lost.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

You could argue Wade was 1b to Shaq's 1a in 06, couldn't you? Wade is still my favourite of the two, Gasol has been inconsistent even with the Lakers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Wade. He's been considerably better, and more popular.

Even now, LA fans shit on Gasol whenever they get the chance. I don't think I've seen a single LA loss thread that didn't involve at least 15 posts blaming Gasol for the loss even if he was like 26/14 shooting 60%. His couple of misses would be the "reason" why they lost.
    what does popularity and lakers fans overreactions have to do with who's the better player?

he's only been more popular because of his flashy play. its the same reason why duncan was never that popular despite being the best player in the league for some time. and now, gasol just gets overshadowed cuz he plays with kobe.

LA gasol is much better than memphis gasol, i bet if he was the #1 option of a team he'd be putting up 24/12 kinda numbers, easily comparable to wade's and when you factor in wade getting a plethora more superstar calls than gasol and defense, i'd give gasol the edge.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    You could argue Wade was 1b to Shaq's 1a in 06, couldn't you? Wade is still my favourite of the two, Gasol has been inconsistent even with the Lakers.
    gasol has been nothing but consistent for LA in the playoffs, yet wade is losing series to the lowly hawks and getting outplayed by JJ...

Banned

Gasol > Wade easily...

Quote Originally Posted by A.R.T

gasol has two rings to wade's 1, which was giftwrapped anyway
    Forget Gasol, Wade has always been a better SG than Kobe. And Gasol has rings because combined Bynum.Gasol.Odom is the best front court in basketball - show me where all 3 front court players had 20+ PER as the lakers have. Those guys have been bailing out kobe's stupidity like i have never seen a star being bailed out so often in history (and it was also proven in the olympics when Wade destroyed kobe in just about every facet with another great team there bailing out kobe's poor play and shot jacking)

But to your stupid comment on the ring-

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=126843

Interesting facts:

In this playoff run, Dirk Nowitzki sets a record for most FT's hit during the playoffs shooting 209-229. Wade on the other hand shoots 202-250 with both players playing 23 games in the playoffs that year. For a player who is more of a slasher, Wade only managed to get 21 more free throws? So I guess it really is rigged, right?

Furthermore, Wade shot 10 and 14 free throws in the first two games, so its not like he just got more free throws the next few games. He was already getting to the line a lot.

The total foul count in the series was 146 fouls commited by the Miami Heat and 160 fouls commited by the Mavericks. Fairly equal if anything. Furthermore, it's amazing it was soo close considering the Heat have Shaq and Wade on their team. Wade is a driver who gets a lot of free throws anyway, and Shaq is a guy who teams love to send to the line. Also, the Mavericks were more of a jumpshooting teams, with most of their driving coming from Harris and Howard.

Quick facts:
    Miami outrebounded the Mavs in 4 of the 6 games in the series.
    In the 4 games Miami won, they shot better in 3 of those matchups, with the only time they shot worse being by .8 of a %.
    Miami shot less threes then the Dallas team in 5 of the 6 games. The one time they shot more threes then the Dallas team, they lost.

Game 3:
    Mavericks up 83-71 with 8:30 left. A lot of people claim that the refs took over here and helped guide Wade to victory.
    Up to the 3rd quarter Wade had shot 15 free throws. In the 4th quarter, Wade shot only 3 free throws, and only 1 free throw within the 8:30 left. So the two other free throws he shot were before the 12 point lead the Mavs had.

Not to mention with the game score was 97-95 in favor of the Heat with 3 seconds to go and Dirk gets given 2 free throws. So the Mavs were given a chance to tie the game, and Dirk only hit 1 of 2 free throws to make the score 97-96 in favor of the Heat.

So in actual fact, Wade got no free throws in that 8:30, due to the free throws he recieved being out of desperation and the Mavs hacking to be able to get another shot off. So a total of 0 shooting fouls were called for Wade in the 4th.

Game 4:
    98-74 win for the Heat. Mavs shot 31% and Wade had 9 free throws. Nothing to talk about really. Mavs completely outplayed.

Game 5:
    This is the game where Wade goes onto shoot as many free throws as the entire Dallas team. 21-25 went Wade and 21-25 went Dallas. Game went into overtime as well.
    Wade had 22 points going into the 4th quarter. Wade scored 17 in the 4th quarter with the last 6 points all coming from jumpers. Even the game tying shot was a jumper to level the game at 93-93 with 2 seconds left. No free throws needed. 7 of Wade's 17 points came from FT's. So he basically maintained his average foul shot per quarter rate in the 4th.

Then in the overtime, the score was 100-99 in favor of the Mavs with 2 seconds left and Wade was given 2 free throws. As many of you know, at the time there was great debate as to whether this was a foul or not. The play involved Harris and Nowitzki both hacking Wade and Nowitzki being called for the foul.

That was the play for those who have forgot. Many people say this wasn't a foul. Now take a look at what happened on this play:

Harris' leg clearly fouling Wade.

Also:
    Dirk giving Wade a huge shove, just look at the amount of contact.

Not to mention Harris grabbed Wade's other hand on the way to the basket, but I don't have a picture. He didn't just slap it, but grabbed it and didn't allow Wade to have shooting motion. That is a foul even in late game situations. Two players hacking and getting a huge amount of contact. On his leg, one arm and pushing on his back. That has to get called even in the dying seconds.

EDIT: Picture found.

Harris' grabbing Wade's shooting arm, pretty much not allowing a shot to be attempted.

Game 6:
    Heat win the championship with a 95-92 win.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

This comparison is ridiculous, and I fear that the only objective is to create a surge of idiots who mess with Gasol to argue that Wade is better. Im Spaniard, and I'm probably one of the strongest advocates praise of Pau in the forum, and I can say without any doubt that Wade is a better player, and only by how he got his ring also has a better career. Close the thread.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A.R.T
    what does popularity and lakers fans overreactions have to do with who's the better player?

he's only been more popular because of his flashy play. its the same reason why duncan was never that popular despite being the best player in the league for some time. and now, gasol just gets overshadowed cuz he plays with kobe.

LA gasol is much better than memphis gasol, i bet if he was the #1 option of a team he'd be putting up 24/12 kinda numbers, easily comparable to wade's and when you factor in wade getting a plethora more superstar calls than gasol and defense, i'd give gasol the edge.
    There isn't even an argument as to who's the better player. It's obvious Wade, and by a fairly sizeable margin. Of course the fans have nothing to do with who's a better player. I never said they did. Not sure why you're responding to me as if I did.

The point is that Wade's career has been better. He's the better player, he's been in superstar status for almost his entire career. His own fans don't turn on him when he has a shitty game, where as Gasol fans do.

As for Gasol being the #1 option, he was with the Grizzlies. He had even lower stats than he did with the Lakers. So I don't agree with you on that one, nor do I agree that he'd get more superstar calls. Big men don't get superstar calls. It's always the more popular perimeter players.

Banned

wtf Heat007? this thread has nothing to do with kobe, why are you even mentioning him?

all i see is a bunch of excuses for why wade shot 30 FTs a game. unfortunately, you neglect to mention all of the missed calls that dallas got and absurd non-shooting fouls that wade drew.

theres a reason wade hasnt won a playoff series since shaq left.... now he has lebron and bosh to carry him in the playoffs. must be nice, getting shaq, playing 8 on 5 in the finals, and then a lebron/bosh combo.

Banned

I've truly never seen a less logical connection then Wade and fake calls. People point out Wade, when he gets to the rim all the time, and get's some pretty heavy duty fouls on him, but then Kobe and Durant constantly get those ticky tack perimeter fouls, and nobody calls out them?
    Really how does this make sense? At all? What so ever?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    There isn't even an argument as to who's the better player. It's obvious Wade, and by a fairly sizeable margin. Of course the fans have nothing to do with who's a better player. I never said they did. Not sure why you're responding to me as if I did.

The point is that Wade's career has been better. He's the better player, he's been in superstar status for almost his entire career. His own fans don't turn on him when he has a shitty game, where as Gasol fans do.

As for Gasol being the #1 option, he was with the Grizzlies. He had even lower stats than he did with the Lakers. So I don't agree with you on that one, nor do I agree that he'd get more superstar calls. Big men don't get superstar calls. It's always the more popular perimeter players.
    this is a thread about who's the better player. why even bring it up if it wasnt part of your argument?

like i said, he's gotten better since joining LA. he plays a lot more tougher, and his efficiency as soared in the past 3 years. he shot 58% over the course of ~24 games in the '09 playoffs.

wade hasnt done anything since shaq left. he was awful against atlanta, and his series against boston was by design. doc rivers alluded to it before, they game planned for wade's teammates, they werent throwing double teams and trapping him to limit his performance. and look at that, it worked. boston won the series in 5.

wade is just another perimeter 'superstar' who is vastly overrated due to his flashy guard play.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Ring The Alarm

Heat 007 Has Come To Defend The Donor Of The Sperm He Guzzes Dwyane Wade

Raise your hand if you didn't see that b*llshit coming. Advanced stats, pics, and youtube. The #1 source for all Heat007's shenanigans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    Ring The Alarm

Heat 007 Has Come To Defend The Donor Of The Sperm He Guzzes Dwyane Wade
    dude has automated responses saved on his computer in a word file.

i wonder if he has a shrine of wade in his closet too?

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    I've truly never seen a less logical connection then Wade and fake calls. People point out Wade, when he gets to the rim all the time, and get's some pretty heavy duty fouls on him, but then Kobe and Durant constantly get those ticky tack perimeter fouls, and nobody calls out them?
    Really how does this make sense? At all? What so ever?
    It's the jaw.....the almighty jaw. Refs get aroused