Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Remembering Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal aka Shaq aka the Big Diesel aka Daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS
    no disrespect to Shaq but let's keep it 100

nba prematurely named him top 50 greatest..and then for years refs allowed him to do things that for any other player would be offensive fouls.

his performances against Mutombo in the finals illustrate what I'm talking about

it was impossible to guard him the way games were called...even if you played solid position defense

that's why one of my top 5 shaq moments was him, of ALL people complaining about bad calls by refs

if that ain't the pot calling the kettle Shaq

Well, I agree he is in the top 50 (top 10 if you ask me) but at the time they had that 50 of all time, I don't think Shaq should had been a part of it. He was in his 4th or 5th year. Pippen was also questionable to me at the time.

Default Re: Remembering Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal aka Shaq aka the Big Diesel aka Daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    I couldn't stand him in his prime with the Lakers, but at the end of the day, he has been a rather unique force on and off the court. He will be missed, and with many players in that 7'0 range being perimeter oriented, we are unlikely to see another Shaq for quite some time.
    ...my buddy told me of a story when he went to watch the Lakers vs Utah game in 2000.

everyone was screaming at Shaq for an Autograph....he(My buddy) said "Mr. Oneal" instead of screaming "Shaq"....so Mr.Oneal came over and signed an autograph for him and thanked him for calling him "Mr.Oneal"...he then left everyone else....Shaq walked away and smiled.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 04-07-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    I couldn't stand him in his prime with the Lakers, but at the end of the day, he has been a rather unique force on and off the court. He will be missed, and with many players in that 7'0 range being perimeter oriented, we are unlikely to see another Shaq for quite some time.

somewhere there is a 6'7" 220lbs 14 year old practicing his drop step to go along with a shimmy..

Shaq retires