Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron James' Mother Gloria Arrested At Posh Miami Beach Hotel!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    You know, in a number of ways James is an amazing individual. Not that his personality is perfect, but when you combine a deadbeat absentee dad with a mother who was constantly arrested, you'd expect the child to be somewhat crazy. But James is largely a composed individual. He may be repressing a metric ton of anger, and may be a jerk in private, but he's made no major off-court mistakes. I'm talking arrests here, not PR blunders like "the Decision."
    Good post.

He does have a level head, considering having to deal with nonsense on a daily basis.

kkling
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Sometimes you get a longshot hook-up. But if you're the mother of an NBA superstar you can't possibly help his image. If I was James I'd try and get her to accept "bodyguards" that kept her from causing trouble. It's tough to guess what they're dynmic is like, but I remember a moment in his first Celtic series where his mother was acting like she was going onto the court to get in someone's face when he told her to sit down and shut up, or something like that.

She appears to be pretty damn embarrassing.
    Yeah, she did. And people were talking shit about Lebron for telling her to sit down. lol

Gloria, you're always on the run now
    Running after somebody, you gotta get him somehow
    I think you've got to slow down before you start to blow it
    I think you're headed for a breakdown, so be careful not to show it

You really don't remember, was it something that he said?
    Are the voices in your head calling, Gloria?
    Gloria, don't you think you're fallin'?
    If everybody wants you, why isn't anybody callin'?
    You don't have to answer
    Leave them hangin' on the line, oh-oh-oh, calling Gloria
    Gloria (Gloria), I think they got your number (Gloria)
    I think they got the alias (Gloria) that you've been living under (Gloria)
    But you really don't remember, was it something that they said?
    Are the voices in your head calling, Gloria?

Serious playground baller

I really feel sorry for Lebron. I mean its his mom, that raised him by herself. He cant do anything about this, except ask her to stop with this kind of things, he will always support her. I really cant understand people, who could have a great life, without this kind of problems.

But maybe its just me.

She probably attacked the room delivery service guy because he couldn't deliver her daily crack fix with her breakfast.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bingo123
    I really feel sorry for Lebron. I mean its his mom, that raised him by herself. He cant do anything about this, except ask her to stop with this kind of things, he will always support her. I really cant understand people, who could have a great life, without this kind of problems.

But maybe its just me.
    Unfortunately for her son, Gloria James pretty much defines the term "ghetto" in it's colloquial sense. A classy lady of her age would never get into a fight like this but a product of a hood upbringing who no one ever bothered to refine will act like a fool in public and there's little anyone can do about it. She undoubtedly has psychological issues of her own.

Banned

Fvckin crackheads

You know, in a number of ways James is an amazing individual. Not that his personality is perfect, but when you combine a deadbeat absentee dad with a mother who was constantly arrested, you'd expect the child to be somewhat crazy. But James is largely a composed individual. He may be repressing a metric ton of anger, and may be a jerk in private, but he's made no major off-court mistakes. I'm talking arrests here, not PR blunders like "the Decision."
    Good point. Despite His Family being kinda [COLOR="Black"]F[/COLOR]ucked up, he's hasn't been influenced to become a totally crazy person.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Christofire
    i'm sur ehis mother means more to him than the "mental edge" eh needs

He shouldn't be in a position to clean up after his mother and apparently his mother was the one who encouraged(well partly) "The Decision"

I agree she probably does but really after that Delonte mess last year I'd probably put her on house arrest somewhere until after the postseason.

ok......
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 04-07-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Magic Johnson

shit like this just pisses me off. while lebron's being a professional basketball player and generally staying out of trouble, his good for nothing mother keeps getting caught up in the news for all the wrong reasons. she's trying to enjoy the high life when she didn't do anything to get there in the first place. she's mooching off her son. she needs to go to basketball games, stay out of the news, and do her job--which is be a good mom.

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    Fvckin crackheads

Bish could learn lessons from Ray Allen's mom, woman is at nearly all the games in support, never in the news for the wrong reason.

Yes.....and he also had many good people help raise him outside his own (blood)Family. I have friends in Akron who know Lebron's Mother...I'm pretty sure a Older couple (more stable) helped raise him when his Mother was dealing with personel Issues.

Not to sound like a sidewalk psychiatrist but....If Lebron had both good and not so good examples growing up it could have helped understand people and be a reason why he has handled all the fame and fortune so well.

When it comes to playing basketball.....obviously he has all the physical talent in the universe....in order to win on a Level of Russell, MJ ,Bird , Kobe etc.....you have to be borderline insane.....Lebron might actually be a little to "normal"

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    shit like this just pisses me off. while lebron's being a professional basketball player and generally staying out of trouble, his good for nothing mother keeps getting caught up in the news for all the wrong reasons. she's trying to enjoy the high life when she didn't do anything to get there in the first place. she's mooching off her son. she needs to go to basketball games, stay out of the news, and do her job--which is be a good mom.

Im pretty sure you and the rest of the world wouldn't know lebron if he was aborted.