Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: What proof is there that atheism is accurate and correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    What proof can you provide that atheism is accurate and correct?
    I don't think atheism requires proof that God doesn't exist. I would think the onus is on the religious people to do the proving. That being said I think a truce should be called in the debate between the two. Neither side will change the others mind. It's a personal thing. I'm sure if you ask the people who either went from atheist to religion or the other way each situation required different dynamics to make them happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    So what evidence or proof will make a person like me believe that God does not exist? Is there even any evidence or proof?

Is there any evidence or proof that atheism as you said (The theory or belief that God does not exist) is accurate and correct?

If you can't provide none then its only an opinion based solely on faith!
    There is no proof. I believe the average atheist simply asks if there is a God to have it proven to them and until that happens they refuse to believe what happens in the world is due to an all-knowing invisible entity. Religion is an act of faith. There is no proof of God just as their is no proof a God doesn't exist.

I lean towards agnostic, because you never know absent evidence one way or another.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You are asking for factual evidence that something(in this case...god) DOESNT exist? You want "FACTUAL and SUBSTANTIAL" evidence that an abstract entity does not exist? But you claim to also want logic and to be rational?

You might as well ask for proof the entire universe as we know it isnt a dream going on in the mind of a goldfish.

There is no logical answer here either way. Either "god" created the universe and he always was and therefore has no origin(a ****ing idiotic idea) or he didnt...its all just a huge explosion of chemicals and elements....which themselves have no origin....another totally idiotic idea.

Go back far enough you run into a problem logic and rational thought simply cant be applied to solving.

Things were not here...then they were ...or they always were here...

One of them HAS to be true...but neither of them can be true.

At some point you either have to accept the ignorance or apply your favorite magic man in the sky fairy tale and disregard that the magic man himself must have a source or you run into the same problem(another...MORE magic man perhaps?).

Its the great question...nobody has an answer. Nobody even has evidence.

Spend a lifetime wondering or live your life and direct thanks for all that is to whatever you decide to credit for it. And try not to ask yourself where the one you credit came from.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    There is no proof. I believe the average atheist simply asks if there is a God to have it proven to them and until that happens they refuse to believe what happens in the world is due to an all-knowing invisible entity. Religion is an act of faith. There is no proof of God just as their is no proof a God doesn't exist.

I lean towards agnostic, because you never know absent evidence one way or another.
    Then they are not an atheist! As you said, you lean towards agnostic. But If someone is claiming to be an atheist then what proof or evidence do they have to show for what they believe in (atheism)?

Atheist talk about using logic, reasoning, proof and evidence to come to a conclusion. So what proof or evidence is there for a person to come to terms with athiesm?

If there is none, then its just an opinion, nothing factual, because they didn't provide any facts, proof or concrete evidence.

Here is a definition for you:

Faith - belief that is not based on proof!
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/faith
    Last edited by Hulk Hogan; 04-10-2011 at 02:46 AM.

None. You win.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I'm not a religious man, but I really can't stand when Atheists (and others) attack people who have faith in their religion.

Nobody has the answers, so until we do, just shut the **** up and let people believe what they want.
    No, it's good to question things. Where would the world be without debate?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LilBTheBasedGod
    Isn't there religion in reality?

Aren't there people waiting for non-religious people to prove that there isn't a God?

Sounds like fallaciousness to me.
    Religion is just like fairy-tales. Both are paid to make up fantasy stories.

Atheists don't have to prove anything, we don't get paid to promote our beliefs. That's why you don't see atheists every Sunday morning on your TV screen.

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    I don't think atheism requires proof that God doesn't exist. I would think the onus is on the religious people to do the proving. That being said I think a truce should be called in the debate between the two. Neither side will change the others mind. It's a personal thing. I'm sure if you ask the people who either went from atheist to religion or the other way each situation required different dynamics to make them happen.
    I think atheists do have a burden of proof, though. Atheism ='s A belief or theory that God does not exist. They are making a claim that God doesn't exist, so they need to prove it. But they can't.

If one guy says "Unicorns exist" and the other says "Unicorns don't exist" - they both have the burden of proof.

The only one who doesn't.. is the one who says, "I'm not sure."

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    I think atheists do have a burden of proof, though. Atheism ='s A belief or theory that God does not exist. They are making a claim that God doesn't exist, so they need to prove it. But they can't.

If one guy says "Unicorns exist" and the other says "Unicorns don't exist" - they both have the burden of proof.

I disagree. If I say I ****ed the Queen of England and you say I didn't, why should you have to prove that I didn't? Especially when no one has ever seen me in the same place as the Queen?

Is equal burden really on the guy who says Santa exists today and the guy who says he doesn't?

I can somewhat see your point when it comes to the militant atheist brow beating religious people.

LilBTheBasedGod
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    Religion is just like fairy-tales. Both are paid to make up fantasy stories.

Atheists don't have to prove anything, we don't get paid to promote our beliefs. That's why you don't see atheists every Sunday morning on your TV screen.
    Not true at all. Religion has a different purpose, to explain the meaning of existence. Christianity has not been disproved and its origins align with scientific backgrounding, and has yet to be proved nor disproved, when fairy tales are made to tell a story for entertainment. You need to learn the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by joe

False, the onus falls on the person making the claim that something exists.

LilBTheBasedGod

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    I'm not trying to be an ass hole, but how does Christianity align with scientific background? It just doesn't.
    It doesn't contradict it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    None. You win.
    No I don't win nor do I have intention on wining.
    People have told me to question what I believe in, now i have done so.
    I want to switch position. But I want proof or evidence that atheism is accurate or correct.

What good is there if its based on blind faith, then I'm right back to square one!

Remember Faith is "belief that is not based on proof!"

There are so many atheists on ISH yet not one can provide proof or evidence for what they believe in? So then they believe on the basis of blind FAITH?
    Last edited by Hulk Hogan; 04-10-2011 at 03:19 AM.

LilBTheBasedGod

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Depends on your definition of contradiction, but it definitely doesn't fit correctly with what is pretty close to fact.
    Oh yea I'm not saying that science nor religion is fact, both are within the confines of fallacy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You are asking for factual evidence that something(in this case...god) DOESNT exist? You want "FACTUAL and SUBSTANTIAL" evidence that an abstract entity does not exist? But you claim to also want logic and to be rational?

You might as well ask for proof the entire universe as we know it isnt a dream going on in the mind of a goldfish.

There is no logical answer here either way. Either "god" created the universe and he always was and therefore has no origin(a ****ing idiotic idea) or he didnt...its all just a huge explosion of chemicals and elements....which themselves have no origin....another totally idiotic idea.

Go back far enough you run into a problem logic and rational thought simply cant be applied to solving.

Things were not here...then they were ...or they always were here...

One of them HAS to be true...but neither of them can be true.

At some point you either have to accept the ignorance or apply your favorite magic man in the sky fairy tale and disregard that the magic man himself must have a source or you run into the same problem(another...MORE magic man perhaps?).

Its the great question...nobody has an answer. Nobody even has evidence.

Spend a lifetime wondering or live your life and direct thanks for all that is to whatever you decide to credit for it. And try not to ask yourself where the one you credit came from.
    So if there is no evidence or proof that atheism is accurate or correct. Then why should I believe in it?