Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: What proof is there that atheism is accurate and correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    What proof can you provide that atheism is accurate and correct?
    none, full on atheists can easily fall under the same criticisms as full on Christians.

truth is no one knows, thus the debate rages.

Banned

everything revolves around science. that's the only proof.**** all religion and gods. i don't understand how any sport playing guys rely on this fake shit. **** your god **** your church, **** your pastor, jesus and the bible.

No I don't win nor do I have intention on wining.
    People have told me to question what I believe in, now i have done so.
    I want to switch position. But I want proof or evidence that atheism is accurate or correct.

What good is there if its based on blind faith, then I'm right back to square one!

Remember Faith is "belief that is not based on proof!"

There are so many atheists on ISH yet not one can provide proof or evidence for what they believe in? So then they believe on the bases of blind FAITH?
    There is no proof that atheism is correct, just as their is no proof that their is a God, which is why you have the three choices.

LilBTheBasedGod
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

So if there is no evidence or proof that atheism is accurate or correct. Then why should I believe in it?
    I'm sorry but you can say the same for religion.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LilBTheBasedGod
    Oh yea I'm not saying that science nor religion is fact, both are within the confines of fallacy.
    wrong, science is 100% based on fact, but tying science to a political/religious ideal (atheism, creationism, intelligent design etc...) is an ABUSE of science.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

If you actually believe any ideas regarding the origin of...everything..you clearly dont need evidence or proof to do so. So why need it to change from one baseless claim to the next?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    Religion is just like fairy-tales. Both are paid to make up fantasy stories.

Atheists don't have to prove anything, we don't get paid to promote our beliefs. That's why you don't see atheists every Sunday morning on your TV screen.
    So there isn't millions of books atheists write and sell to make money while promoting atheism?

Every where I go, I have people telling me to become an atheist.
    I see it on ads and tv commercials aswell. So what evidence or proof is there for me to believe.

If there is none, then they want me to believe solely on faith because what they are telling me is not factual but their own opinion which requires me to place faith in their own words.

Am I right or wrong?

So there isn't millions of books atheists write and sell to make money while promoting atheism?

Every where I go, I have people telling me to become an atheist.
    I see it on ads and tv commercials aswell. So what evidence or proof is there for me to believe.

If there is none, then they want me to believe solely on faith, and what they are telling me is not factual but their own opinion and they want me to place faith in their words.

Am I right or wrong?
    You sound agnostic there, Hulk. No atheist is going to give you the answer you are looking for so just cut through that and say you don't know if a higher power exists, but you can't say it doesn't.

LilBTheBasedGod

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    wrong, science is 100% based on fact, but tying science to a political/religious ideal (atheism, creationism, intelligent design etc...) is an ABUSE of science.
    How can anything a human declares to be fact a true fact? Human beings are flawed, and their creations are flawed, and their declarations are flawed.

For example, the age of the earth was around 1 billion years old according to radiometric age in 2000. Now 11 years later its 4.5 billion years? 3.5 billion years in 11 years? Since when does 3,500,000,000=11? What we once declared fact is now false, how do we know that what we declare fact will remain fact? Thats the fallacy of human factual declaration, is that we ignorantly think everything we declare is to be respected as fact and when its proven wrong, we just ignore it and put something else in the way really quick so nobody notices it.

The atheists do have a burden of proof..

The philosophic burden of proof is the obligation on a party in an epistemic dispute to provide sufficient warrant for their position.
    The atheists' position is that God does not exist.

They do not provide any sufficient warrant to justify that position.

The religious people maybe have more of the burden. But the thing is, most religious people claim they just "have faith." They admit they can't prove it. A lot of atheists run around acting like they're right, you're wrong, shut up, deal with it. But they're really no different than religious people in how close-minded their argument is. Which is ironic. lol

And just so everyone doesn't mix me up with religious people - I'm not religious. I think some of Jesus' philosophy is great, some of Buddha's. But I'm not close to religious.

LilBTheBasedGod

I think its ridiculous that atheists continue to push the burden off of them, when so many of them write books against it. Its an easy killing ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    False, the onus falls on the person making the claim that something exists.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Bingo. That's why this thread makes no sense.

You can't just go around saying "I had a million dollars but my neighbor stole it, prove that he didn't!" and expect that to fly.

This thread is illogical in its premise.

^^^ THAT IS BS

Athiests are making a CLAIM...they have a set of beliefs...just like any theist

if they want people to join their way of thinking then the onus is on THEM TO SHOW THEY ARE CORRECT...

if you were going to try and convert someone to be an athiest then THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO SHOW YOU ARE "THE WAY"

pretend the OP is thuinking about becoming an athiest and he wants you to prove there is nothing beyond this...

(I am not singling you out here btw Shannon...this is for everyone that thinks athiests have nothing to prove)

AGNOSTICS have nothing to prove....not athiests

an athiest runs around claiming there is no God...

how is the onus NOT on him to prove it???

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Bingo. That's why this thread makes no sense.

You can't just go around saying "I had a million dollars but my neighbor stole it, prove that he didn't!" and expect that to fly.

This thread is illogical in its premise.
    Actually that can be proven with substantial evidence. That happens everyday in the court of law!

YOU CANNOT DISPROVE A NEGATIVE, especially if it doesnt even exist in this dimension

you cannot disprove big foot, well you can if you could see every inch of the world, something like god is just impossible, we dont even know what god is

anyways, i do believe in god as in a force that controls everything in a chaotic yet structured way, but cannot intervene in this dimension

ill see you guys on the other side in some decades, we'll have a chuckle at the trolls and the homers