Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron ''quitting''

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    It wasn't his actual play alone though. His body language on the court.. was a Lebron we have never seen. He was broken. Didn't look like he cared. He had fully given up. Could it have been Boston legitimately beating him into submission basically? Yes it could have. I still think for the next dominant player him disappearing on his team mentally like that when he was supposed to be leading them was a tragedy in sports. I never saw that from Jordan or any other top players of all time. Hell I haven't even seen that from Kobe. Kobe fights till the final buzzer and that's what Lebron needed to do. He could of lost with more dignity than he did. Walked out of Cleveland with more dignity.

Had he put 100 percent into that Celtics series and left it all on the court.. then flat out told Cleveland that he loves them but liked the opportunity of playing in Miami with Wade.. instead of toying with their minds.. nobody would even have an issue with Lebron right now. They would still say he took the easy path but at least was honest.. and a man about it all.

You lost all your credility..

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    You lost all your credility..
    Mind showing me a game where Kobe completely shutdown mentally during a heated series and flat out looked like he wasn't trying? Even vs Phoenix when the Lakers gave up a 3-1 series lead.. Kobe didn't do this.

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

who the hell busts his a$$ off for 82 games to attain the best record, then QUITS in the playoffs which every other lottery team is dying to get into?

it is just a convenient term that the media coined and fools took and spread it

I'm as big a Cavs supporter as anyone and no, deep in my soul I do not believe he truly gave up. All I can say is though, that final game, something just was not right and he was not playing like himself. And you could see it in his teammates eyes. Mo was playing like crazy the first half, Shaq was the second half like its win or die but Bron just showed nothing like that. He had a very unlike himself turnover ratio that final game. Varejao chucking three's with over a minute to play, Mike Brown failing to tell the guys to foul after Rondo and T. Allen had just missed free throws. Something happened and the entire team just did not give a shit at the end. Blame it on the Delonte rumors, the supposed Mo/LBJ shoving match at halftime, LBJ "knowing" where he was going, who knows what really happened. We will have to wait for the 30 for 30 episode. Also, around the Cleveland area, I think calling LBJ a quitter is more so now associated with him quitting on the organization and the fans after promising to never quit until he wins them a title.
    Last edited by jbryan1984; 04-14-2011 at 06:48 AM.

Mind showing me a game where Kobe completely shutdown mentally during a heated series and flat out looked like he wasn't trying?.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGoxIvuPtmo

Quote Originally Posted by Heat007
    That was a HUUUUUGE meltdown by Kobe. Lebron's meltdown was nothing compared to the trash Kobe did in this game.

heh

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

The NBA has players and not superheroes. Shit happens.
    Yes, he did quit for whatever reason. Kobe did the same thing a few years ago.

I saw Jordan foul out of a game in like 4 minutes. It was horrible shooting night for him back in 1986 or 87. At one time he started to foul and melted down. He got angry, too. So he fouled out in 4 minutes. (Meaning: from zero fouls to six.) The Bulls lost the game, too.

It just happens to people. They are human, after all.

im a superhero

That's bullshit. He can dominate the first part of the series with the same elbow problem with monstrous stat lines.. then suddenly falls off and you think it's only Kobe stans who would suspect him tossing games or quitting? I think he already had his mind made up to go to Miami by then and did somewhat give up. He didn't end his Cavs career with dignity. I was a huge fan and supporter of his who almost never missed a Cavs game.. especially in the playoffs.

Too bad it's Lebron so he's protected by the league because it's clear as day his move to Miami was planned for at least a season maybe more. I wish the tampering case went further to prove this. Inside sources have even said Bosh, Wade and Lebron have been planning this since the USA team.. but I bet you think that's all made up too. I think the circumstances are very suspicious.

and if it was... its still not tampering. wanting to play on another team isnt tampering. having your own mind made up to go to another team, whenever it is, one year, three years, five years before your next contract isnt tampering. its making your own choice.

if haters are going to hate have your facts straight at least.

this is what cracks me up the most. the haters hate on him, or say they hate on him for random things where he clearly did nothing wrong.

leaving cleveland - hes a free agent
    the decision - so what, we all watched to see what the outcome was and at the time there was no one saying it was bad, by saying how could he do that, its downright hypocritical.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Heat007

Here's Kobe defending himself for that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjTm2Dl1bTo

That was the season he averaged 27 shots a game and averaged 35.4 points. He toned it down for the Playoffs, because against an offensive team he knew he couldn't beat them by himself.

I swear people on insidehoops.com don't even watch NBA games

Good High School Starter

I dont' know about game 6, but he absolutely quit in Game 5. Pretty much anyone (cavs fans and non) who were posting in the game thread agreed.

In that game, there was ZERO aggressiveness on the floor with or without the basketball. Pretty much, the Celts broke his will and he checked out.

Banned

who gives a **** it was last year... let's see how he does this year with the heat, a decent supporting cast, period. Then maybe, we will be able to tell if he's doing his best to win or not.
    Last edited by Funnyfuka; 04-14-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

yeah right, he lost intentionally and gave up a chance to win a title just because he already knew he was going to join the Miami Heat!!??? sounds very reasonable to me haha.. facepalm

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    It was a well known fact that Lebron had a bruised bone in the elbow since March already and it inflamated in Chicago series already, when dude was forced to take a free throw with his left hand due to all the pain...of course, haters won't mention this little fact, all they care about is spouting nonsense like "quitting", but that's expected from retarded Kome stans really
    Realy?....i could've sworn that the dunkers said that they couldnt find anything wrong with the elbow. Also i remember James saying it was his funny bone. There's wasnt a thing wrong with his elbow.

Banned

It became obvious he was quitting/ tanking in game 4 when the cavs where down 2 with like 4 minutes to go. He had KG on him and he passed the ball to Varejao for a jumper