Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron ''quitting''

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    That was a HUUUUUGE meltdown by Kobe. Lebron's meltdown was nothing compared to the trash Kobe did in this game.
    certainly. it was absolutely pathetic

Local High School Star

still don't understand the point of Comparing a 5 time champ to a quitter that can't beat a real team in the playoffs.

NBA lottery pick

yeahh he quit, watch the games again, at the end of some those games he wasnt even on the screen on some of there last offensive possesions

Local High School Star

He did quit or lets say he didnt play as he should. I remember when he was just passing the ball and then he stood in the corner out of bounds and just watched the Cavs sinking. But the real question is what was the reason for him to act like this? The only sane reason I can think of is Delonte rumour. And if that was the case, I can understand that. Totally unprofessional and childish act from him, but still I can understand that. For someone who loves his mom like he does, who sees his mom as everything in his life and on the other hand Cavs team which were like a family for him. And if one teammate f**** your mom and whole team knows about it except you, and then you find out what happened, you have to release your anger in some way. And Lebron probably felt betrayed by his mom and his team and he released his anger in a completely wrong way. Unprofessional, stupid and childish act from him, but circumstances given, I can understand that.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    He did quit or lets say he didnt play as he should. I remember when he was just passing the ball and then he stood in the corner out of bounds and just watched the Cavs sinking. But the real question is what was the reason for him to act like this? The only sane reason I can think of is Delonte rumour. And if that was the case, I can understand that. Totally unprofessional and childish act from him, but still I can understand that. For someone who loves his mom like he does, who sees his mom as everything in his life and on the other hand Cavs team which were like a family for him. And if one teammate f**** your mom and whole team knows about it except you, and then you find out what happened, you have to release your anger in some way. And Lebron probably felt betrayed by his mom and his team and he released his anger in a completely wrong way. Unprofessional, stupid and childish act from him, but circumstances given, I can understand that.
    The answer?...No heart, no guts, no balls. He can't deliver against a real team, because he isn't built that way. james is a front runner

Banned

to be honnest lebron's mom seems to be a bit ****ed up in the head... All the stories with his fahter, mother, and with delonte ****ing her are quite ****ed up as a whole.

College superstar

If you hear and read people say that he "quit" enough times then you'll believe it.

Learning to shoot layups

Boston was just better, they just turned it up as soon as the first round started last year. I remember watching game one of this series, even though Cleveland won I knew Boston was going to take the series. The quitting thing was blown out of proportion IMO, big whoop. Not dissing Kobe here but in the past he has looked miserable in elimination games but today does anybody doubt him. Nobody who should. One day Lebron will be there.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    It wasn't his actual play alone though. His body language on the court.. was a Lebron we have never seen. He was broken. Didn't look like he cared. He had fully given up. Could it have been Boston legitimately beating him into submission basically? Yes it could have. I still think for the next dominant player him disappearing on his team mentally like that when he was supposed to be leading them was a tragedy in sports. I never saw that from Jordan or any other top players of all time. Hell I haven't even seen that from Kobe. Kobe fights till the final buzzer and that's what Lebron needed to do. He could of lost with more dignity than he did. Walked out of Cleveland with more dignity.

Had he put 100 percent into that Celtics series and left it all on the court.. then flat out told Cleveland that he loves them but liked the opportunity of playing in Miami with Wade.. instead of toying with their minds.. nobody would even have an issue with Lebron right now. They would still say he took the easy path but at least was honest.. and a man about it all.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=173840

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    If you hear and read people say that he "quit" enough times then you'll believe it.
    if you watched and saw him clearly quitting then you would not dispute it.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    this isn't a thread to make fun of and/or insult Lebron or Lebron Fans

I don't understand about that game last year against the celtics where Lebron ''quit''. Did he give up as in stopped trying? No effort at all? I watched and just looked like just had a bad night. Am I missing something?

hopefully no trolling or insults
    He did have great playoff numbers 27 points 19 rebounds and 10 assist against one of the best defenses in that game. In the modern era maybe one or two guys, outside of Lebron could have a game like that. If people are talking about the other game then it was just a bad game. His spirit wasn't in the game and he might have had a lot on his mind.

Neither he or Kobe are quitters but they are subject to distractions.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    this isn't a thread to make fun of and/or insult Lebron or Lebron Fans

I don't understand about that game last year against the celtics where Lebron ''quit''. Did he give up as in stopped trying? No effort at all? I watched and just looked like just had a bad night. Am I missing something?

hopefully no trolling or insults
    I thought he quit, too, but then I realized LeBron really is mentally weak. I mean, he did quit... but it wasn't because he quit on his team. It was because he couldn't win.

You see what I mean? He didn't throw the game like I thought at the time, he actually cracked in a way you rarely see a superstar do.

How do I know this? Because he's done it this year at times.

-Smak

Decent playground baller vitamink420's Avatar

It certainly looked like Lebron and his team had given up in the last game in the series. Minute left, down by single digits, and they were all just standing around. I could tell something was up with Bron's jersey toss at the end, too

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Christofire
    if you watched and saw him clearly quitting then you would not dispute it.
    I actually watched the entire series. The difference between myself and some other fans is that I am not preoccupied with Kobe vs. Lebron arguments. I'm not a die hard fan of either player and am not ready to accept the most negative criticism of the player that I don't prefer. Lebron had a historically horrible game. Did he play as hard as I've seen him in other games? No. Did he quit? No. As a matter of fact he actually was more aggressive during the early part of the 4th quarter than he was during the majority of the game, and it was already a double digit deficit. What's also so funny about how this is so hyperbolized beyond reason is that this very game 5 is almost invariably described as "the most important game of his career." Yes game 5's can be pivotal moments, but since when has a non elimination game ever been "the most important game" of anyone's career?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    I actually watched the entire series. The difference between myself and some other fans is that I am not preoccupied with Kobe vs. Lebron arguments. I'm not a die hard fan of either player and am not ready to accept the most negative criticism of the player that I don't prefer. Lebron had a historically horrible game. Did he play as hard as I've seen him in other games? No. Did he quit? No. As a matter of fact he actually was more aggressive during the early part of the 4th quarter than he was during the majority of the game, and it was already a double digit deficit. What's also so funny about how this is so hyperbolized beyond reason is that this very game 5 is almost invariably described as "the most important game of his career." Yes game 5's can be pivotal moments, but since when has a non elimination game ever been "the most important game" of anyone's career?
    yeah yeah...he quit!