Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Default Re: Post-game discussion: Hornets upset Lakers in Game 1, April 17

Quote Originally Posted by Out_In_Utah
    Not only did I call it, but I called how it would go down (CP3 destroying Fish).

WOW...CP3 an elite player destroying an older D Fish....and the fact that it is well known for the past couple years that this Laker team has trouble against elite guards in the NBA makes you prediction that much more impressive.

How was that Coke? Smiling yet? Now please go to sleep and stop posting.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    Gasol didn't wake up until he made that tough shot at the end of the game. Lakers will win 4 straight, book it.
    I still got Lakers in 3.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    1) Pau Gasol is absolutely the most overrated player in the game over the course of the last two years. He plays no defense, shoots 16 ft jumpers all day, and way his shots is not falling he's basically a complete non factor for the team. He's soft, a punk, scared to go inside, can't get crucial rebounds, never played a lick of defense in his life. Get's taken out of the game by a FCKING PAPER cut. He's a product of Kobe Bryant and is not a better PF than guys like Amare.

Banned

Default Re: Hornets Upset Lakers game 1 - reaction/comments 3 points to make

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    I agree the Lakers should give back at least two of their TITLE TROPHIES...
    More like 8 dude: 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010.

Local High School Star Pinkhearts's Avatar

Fisher really needs to go.

I thought this guy was gone during the offseason when his contract expired and the Lakers are looking at PGs. I expected him to be on the Lakers bench. How is this washed up old man still starting?

Glad NOLA pulled this one off. CP3 shows himself in the playoffs. Hopefully he can continue to play like this throughout the series. Lakers may win in their next home games but hopefully NOH does too and complete the upset against the lakers. I hope Aaron Gray is fine because NOH badly needs him.

Let's Go NOLA!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    @ fans complaining about flopping and refs after a defeat
    Check ya fanbase.

Not airballing my layups anymore crisscutfries's Avatar

Don't understand how people gonna defend Gasol, guy looked unmotivated like he didn't wanna be there. Even though Kobe went trigger happy at the end going 0-6, the biggest problem was not being able to stop CP3. That's not Kobe's fault or Ga.... what I'm saying is that they need stops and they weren't getting it done. I'm not sticking up for Kobe but how you let CP3 go crazy on your team like that?
    The team is a bunch of scrubs plus CP3, answer is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by crisscutfries
    Don't understand how people gonna defend Gasol, guy looked unmotivated like he didn't wanna be there. Even though Kobe went trigger happy at the end going 0-6, the biggest problem was not being able to stop CP3. That's not Kobe's fault or Ga.... what I'm saying is that they need stops and they weren't getting it done. I'm not sticking up for Kobe but how you let CP3 go crazy on your team like that?
    The team is a bunch of scrubs plus CP3, answer is easy.
    When are people going to comprehend that saying Gasol doesn't shoulder 100% of the blame for the loss isn't defending his play?

anyone else thinks steve blake would have helped lakers slow down cp3?

Good High School Starter Out_In_Utah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    WOW...CP3 an elite player destroying an older D Fish....and the fact that it is well known for the past couple years that this Laker team has trouble against elite guards in the NBA makes you prediction that much more impressive.

How was that Coke? Smiling yet? Now please go to sleep and stop posting.
    You seem to like criticizing my prediction as if it were an obvious prediction, but I assume you predicted the Lakers would win game 1, and therefore my prediction that you are criticizing is still better than yours.

Serious playground baller ATL_Bball_King's Avatar

Real laker fans dont get worried. We might get annoyed at times cause we know our team and what they can do. But worry?? Naw i will leave that for the stans....

No excuses...

Lakers 3-Peat!!!

Playoffs amazing already

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    I still got Lakers in 3.

Saw a basketball once

I had a feeling the Lakers would lose Game 1. It had something to do with them losing five straight games towards the end of the season and almost losing to the Sacramento Kings. It has to do with lack of focus; their defense also sucked.

Pau Gasol didn't contribute anything in terms of scoring and his team suffered as a result. Andrew Bynum didn't contribute enough. Kobe Bryant and Ron Artest were the ones who contributed the most. But Kobe causing the turn-over toward the end of the game didn't help us; I could be wrong but I think it was two turn-overs.

The Hornets bench played well as opposed to the Lakers Bench and that also hurt as well.

They have until Wednesday to get their act together and play extremely well before the game shifts to New Orleans. Their defense needs to improve especially when it comes to Chris Paul.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the_wise_one
    More like 8 dude: 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010.