Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Serious playground baller LakersFan626's Avatar

Default Re: At this point, who can beat Miami 4 times?

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    The way they play basketball right now. If you've watched them the whole season like a have you'll see what a big difference todays Miami is. Also, the three amigos are gelling really well right now. Also, the impressive display they put up against Boston just almost a week ago. They kicked their asses in a major way.
    Cleveland beat Boston in a couple blowouts in Boston last year...

Who can beat the Heat? Boston, Chicago, OKC, San Antonio, Dallas, Lakers, Orlando are all possibilities but Miami can also beat any of those teams too. I see them losing to the Celtics in the next round and if they get through the Celtics I see them losing to the Bulls (who should beat whoever wins the Orlando/Atlanta series) in the WCF. Both are physical defenses, have PGs who can drive to the rim and score, and have better role players off the bench. I can't see the Heat beating BOTH of them, in consecutive series, to get to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    ya lol but its the lakers, we all know there gonna be there at the end probably beating anyone in the east
    They couldn't even beat the Hornets in Game 1. It's nice to see the Celtics kicking the Knicks ass in the playoffs.

2-0

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

As much as I hate Garnett's ***** ass, I think he and his grizzled, wily, veteran group will take a final stand and be the ones to bring down the sexy Miami team.

from the East Bulls, Knicks, Celtics

Very good NBA starter

i still think BOS can beat MIA in 6. Garnett has always been able to limit PP like Bron limits PP. I think if you put Mike Bibby to run with Ray, Ray goes off for 18-20 points easy, if you put chalmers out there...You have less shooters to worry about.

PP will have a 14-15ppg 7 and 5 statline,and KG will be prob 15 and 9, but the X factors are Green/West and Ray Allen having a great series....

A team like BOS limit its turnovers, have 2 guys back on transition D and that alone increases the chance of beating this MIA team. Im taking old man strength with desperation over young strength

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.M.
    from the East Bulls, Knicks, Celtics
    Please stop overrating the F*cking Knicks. Heat beat the Lakers and Spurs in the 2nd half of the season. What kind of respect does the Heat need? Do they need to f*cking sweep the Bulls and the Celtics in the playoffs?

Banned

Bulls, Celtics, Lakers

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    i still think BOS can beat MIA in 6. Garnett has always been able to limit PP like Bron limits PP. I think if you put Mike Bibby to run with Ray, Ray goes off for 18-20 points easy, if you put chalmers out there...You have less shooters to worry about.

PP will have a 14-15ppg 7 and 5 statline,and KG will be prob 15 and 9, but the X factors are Green/West and Ray Allen having a great series....

A team like BOS limit its turnovers, have 2 guys back on transition D and that alone increases the chance of beating this MIA team. Im taking old man strength with desperation over young strength
    I think Boston can win, but I really wonder how they protect the rim and rebound. I can't see how Shaq can really be effective at this point. He's been injured for months and you're basically asking him to jump right in and be the difference maker against a championship caliber team? Nah.

I'm really leery of Boston being able to beat Miami with Jermaine O'Neal as their center. He's not stopping LeBron, Wade or Bosh from attacking the rim.

It may come down to how well Miami is able to play Rondo. If Rondo gets into the paint that will cause Miami problems, but if he's shooting jumpers more than layups, I don't see where Boston hurts Miami more than Miami can hurt them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Please stop overrating the F*cking Knicks. Heat beat the Lakers and Spurs in the 2nd half of the season. What kind of respect does the Heat need? Do they need to f*cking sweep the Bulls and the Celtics in the playoffs?
    a question was asked and I answered. I didn't say they would beat them for sure. The question was who CAN do it. So stop being a little c0ck jockey. And didn't Carmelo's Knicks beat Miami this year you sensitive little prick. And what does beating the Lakers/Spurs have to do with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.M.
    a question was asked and I answered. I didn't say they would beat them for sure. The question was who CAN do it. So stop being a little c0ck jockey. And didn't Carmelo's Knicks beat Miami this year you sensitive little prick. And what does beating the Lakers/Spurs have to do with anything.
    I mistook you little bastard for a Kobe fan. You know those stupid son of a B1tches who are ruining every discussion in this forum.

Local High School Star crosso√er's Avatar

I mistook you little bastard for a Kobe fan. You know those stupid son of a B1tches who are ruining every discussion in this forum.
    As opposed to what?
    A bandwagon LeBron **** sucker such as yourself? I wouldn't mind you calling other people out if you weren't such a hypocrite yourself. You're the ultimate jock rider on this forum, last year, you were a huge Cleveland fan; now? You're a Miami fan. It's clear as day you're only a LeBron fan. You don't come to Cleveland game threads anymore and protect LeBron like he's got your exact DNA.

So why would you have so much problem with people who do the same thing you're doing? It's kind of pathetic of you to be honest. Just talk basketball and quit being such a damn hypocrite dude. And quit being so damn rude with your incoherent terribly lame insults; why do you get so damn sensitive when someone calls your boy our? You need to take a look in the mirror first, before criticizing others for doing the same thing you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    I think Boston can win, but I really wonder how they protect the rim and rebound. I can't see how Shaq can really be effective at this point. He's been injured for months and you're basically asking him to jump right in and be the difference maker against a championship caliber team? Nah.

I'm really leery of Boston being able to beat Miami with Jermaine O'Neal as their center. He's not stopping LeBron, Wade or Bosh from attacking the rim.

It may come down to how well Miami is able to play Rondo. If Rondo gets into the paint that will cause Miami problems, but if he's shooting jumpers more than layups, I don't see where Boston hurts Miami more than Miami can hurt them.
    It's a situation where KG will need to outplay Bosh by quite a margin and I don't think he can or will. If Bosh keeps playing like he is then I only see one winner but there is no question Boston can win but without homecourt? I like Miami's chances.

Quote Originally Posted by crosso√er
    As opposed to what?
    A bandwagon LeBron **** sucker such as yourself? I wouldn't mind you calling other people out if you weren't such a hypocrite yourself. You're the ultimate jock rider on this forum, last year, you were a huge Cleveland fan; now? You're a Miami fan. It's clear as day you're only a LeBron fan. You don't come to Cleveland game threads anymore and protect LeBron like he's got your exact DNA.

So why would you have so much problem with people who do the same thing you're doing? It's kind of pathetic of you to be honest. Just talk basketball and quit being such a damn hypocrite dude. And quit being so damn rude with your incoherent terribly lame insults; why do you get so damn sensitive when someone calls your boy our? You need to take a look in the mirror first, before criticizing others for doing the same thing you're doing.

Local High School Star crosso√er's Avatar

You just need a reality check.

Don't call people out for something you yourself are guilty of.
    I've seen you literally threat people on this forum at times when they call your idol out...or go ballistic insulting their mothers, sisters and aunts for criticizing your favorite player. Have you even visited a Cleveland game thread this year? Probably not. So what gives you the right to be so angry at posters who do the same thing you're doing to a different player?

You're clearly visibly upset.

Good college starter Eldrunko247's Avatar

Because the Sixers are so tough