Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Were the Shooting Guards in MJ's Era more Elite than the ones in Kobe's era?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Considering Clyde had his best seasons in the 90s, it's not debatable. All 3 of his Finals appearances (and title) were in the 90s.

Miller may not be better than McGrady, Wade and AI, ect but I'd take him over Joe Johnson and those other guys you had on the list.
    Oh yeah forgot that Clyde made the finals in 92

But anyways he wasn't even close to being better than Prime Tmac and Wade or even A.I who I think is better.

And picking Miller over JJ ........

Good High School Starter

Default Re: Were the Shooting Guards in MJ's Era more Elite than the ones in Kobe's era?

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    jordan got 6 rings without a legit big men in the golden age of big men >> kobes 5 rings with a dominant front court in the weakest era of centers.
    To be fair Cartwright, Grant, Rodman, and Longley were legit big men that teams today would kill to have.

You do have to take hand checking into account, as much as so many want to deny it when comparing that position.

Also many of the names mentioned came from the 90s, at one point they were 90s players.

And the most important factor is that most of those players will be forgotten, it’s the nature of the NBA and sports, so the same argument could easily/will be made in 10 years about this past era 2000-2010 by future kids who never saw these players played. So younger kids tend to overrate their current players, because to them they are big names, while past players get forgotten. Kevin Garnette, Tracy McGrady, etc will not be a big name in 10 year, to a kid who's 6 now.

You will have trolls saying that Kobe played against short guards, just like with Jordan, even though the average of both eras was 6'5".
    Last edited by jstern; 04-19-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD

Lmao @ Cherly Miller being better than half of those guys on the list.

From what I heard and saw from Cherly, was that she was very overrated and was hyped for what she did in the Garden in 95.

One-Diemonsial player being better than 1/2of those guys LMAO

Cylde Drexler is debateable but he wasn't even that special in the 90's and I know for a fact he wasn't better than T-Mac or Wade or even A.I

Good try thou
    I never said all I said half. Miller is better then half of them and so is clyde. I agree with tmac, Wade and Ai. Prime Mj would destroy them either way

Mj vs Ray Allen with broken knuckle 35 years old. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCOJQOMEJ4Y
    Mj vs PP 39 years old http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CDcRwDufXY

Mj vs stackhouse 33 years oldhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJl-NwiemYs

Mj vs prime KG 39 years old arthritis in both knees http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMd1m-OOWH0

Mj vs AI at 38 years old http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNq5N...E11C78D60C2367

OLD ass Mj after surgeries on knees who can barley move halfway fast
    Last edited by juju151111; 04-19-2011 at 11:45 PM.

jordan got 6 rings without a legit big men in the golden age of big men >> kobes 5 rings with a dominant front court in the weakest era of centers.
    OOOOO so we are gonna act like MJ didn't have one of the best defensive frontcourts in his Championship run and as well as one of the league best all-round players?

Yeah let's just forget MJ had Horance Grant, dennis Rodman, Steve Kerr, Ron Harper, Toni Kukoc and did I mention Pippen?

In today's era, you never see a dude under 6'2 have the balls to guard Kobe like that.

Rofl can't believe I don't even see a 2nd man in the picture trying to help that helpless midjet.

That is like having Nate Robinson guard Kobe
    Do you seriously think that Mugsy Bogues ever guarded Jordan just from one picture?

If I show you a picture of Pau Gasol guarding Chris Paul, would you conclude that was the norm?

What is this "handchecking" rule all these posters are talking about?

I still see a lot of "handchecking" in today's era so using that as an excuse for the 90's era is a joke.

WTF are you smoking????
    Jordan got his first ring AFTER Kareem retired.....that's the only reason he beat the Lakers.......Golden age of Big Men = GTFOH!!!!!
    Jordan took advantage of the end of Showtime, Bad Boys, Celtics and Sixers....all of who would've whipped his ass. Jordan came along at just the right time. I'm not saying that he is not the GOAT, but had he come into the league in 1979 with Magic and Bird he may have gotten a ring.......maybe.
    He also didn't have to deal with Prime Shaq and Kobe....nor Duncan and Robinson. Timing is everything they say.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

In today's era, you never see a dude under 6'2 have the balls to guard Kobe like that.

Rofl can't believe I don't even see a 2nd man in the picture trying to help that helpless midjet.

Couldn't be that Muggsy was possibly caught on a "switch" guarding MJ, and they just happened to take the picture then . Oh no, Muggsy demanded the job of guarding MJ for the entire game. Some of you guys are really dense.

Local High School Star

Most nights kobe is has the size advantage at his position just like MJ did. Both Clyde and Joe Johnson are 6'7. Wade is only 6'4. Roy is shorter than kobe too. Raja Bell (the suppose kobe stopper) is 6'5. So was Kendell Gill.

Jordan being guarded by Midgets is a myth. There aren't Giants playing shooting guard today. And IIRC, Mcgrady played more SF than SG during his career. I could be wrong though.

And let's not act like kirk Hinrich wasn't put on kobe when he played with the bulls. Hinrich played kobe pretty well too. And Hinrich is only like 6'2.
    Last edited by Replay32; 04-19-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park Court Vision's Avatar

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

What is this "handchecking" rule all these posters are talking about?

I still see a lot of "handchecking" in today's era so using that as an excuse for the 90's era is a joke.
    I saw a lot of zone defense in yesterday's era so using that as an excuse for the 00's era is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    WTF are you smoking????
    Jordan got his first ring AFTER Kareem retired.....that's the only reason he beat the Lakers.......Golden age of Big Men = GTFOH!!!!!
    Jordan took advantage of the end of Showtime, Bad Boys, Celtics and Sixers....all of who would've whipped his ass. Jordan came along at just the right time. I'm not saying that he is not the GOAT, but had he come into the league in 1979 with Magic and Bird he may have gotten a ring.......maybe.
    He also didn't have to deal with Prime Shaq and Kobe....nor Duncan and Robinson. Timing is everything they say.
    So true

He wasn't going up against superteams or anything like that.

91 Lakers
    92 Blazers
    93 Suns
    96 Sonics
    97 Jazz
    98 Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by Court Vision

Dwayne Wade
    Joe Johnson
    Tracy McGrady
    Vince Carter
    Manu Ginobili
    Allen Iverson
    Ray Allen
    Monta Ellis
    Brandon Roy
    (I know I'm missing a bunch of other great 2 guards Kobe has faced agianst)

Was the 90's decade known for being a deadbeat @ the 2 Guard Spot like the Center position today?

Discuss.
    dude, you are a fool.

you have never seen more than 3 games from 1992 and you come here with so much confidence.
    you analize this sport like the most retard fan who ever live.

if you wanna make a good job just one time in your short live, put the combo of guards of every teams from each year of both era.