Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Default Re: I'm convinced Russell Westbrook is a much better PG than Derrick Rose

i dont think very many people that watch these two guys play will come to the conclusion that westbrook is the better athlete
    How do you figure? However athleticism is expressed, Russ wins. Russ had 20 more dunks than Derrick Rose (52 to 20), got the ft line 76 times more (631 to 555), and outrebounds him.

Local High School Star

Default Re: I'm convinced Russell Westbrook is a much better PG than Derrick Rose

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    westbrook is easily stronger.
    and i actually think hes quicker with the ball as well. though not as agile with it. on the other hand hes much more agile without it and hence his far superior defense.
    Westbrook is not stronger than Rose, Roses' ability to finish through Body contact is enough alone to indicate that rose is stronger. Rose is faster with the ball as well, it's just that he has more gears than westbrook's with how he chances speeds on hesitations and crossovers.

Learning to shoot layups

Rose has gotten the hype because his team is #1 in the East and he's the only major star. I think they are close physically, but DRose is probably a couple years ahead of Russ as far as NBA play. He's more in control and the game is slower for him. They both have similar highs, but Russ has more lows right now.

2 of the top 4 PG's but to say "Im convinced Russell Westbrook is a much better PG..." is over the top and comes from someone who either has an agenda, doesn't watch enough NBA, or doesn't watch Derrick Rose enough.

SMH at Heat007.

This thread was about Rose and Russ. Of course you try to make it about Wade. You won't be posting here in approx. 2-4 weeks. I can't wait. Heat fans don't even like you TROLL.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleChuck
    Westbrook has better:

athleticism
    playmaking
    IQ
    scoring weapons

and

SPIN MOVES!

And I might also add that Rondo is also a far more complete PG than DeBrick Rose.
    It's close but Rose is better. Westbrook is very underrated, though. I don't think he could lead a team in scoring and win 60 games, but he is a nightmare matchup.

-Smak

Banned

Oh I see Dumbness9 has decided to grace us with his dumbness.

Westbrook > Rose.

Rondo > Rose.

Wade >>>>>> Rose.

Miami Heat > Chicago Bulls.

Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
    How do you figure? However athleticism is expressed, Russ wins. Russ had 20 more dunks than Derrick Rose (52 to 20), got the ft line 76 times more (631 to 555), and outrebounds him.

And Derrick Rose got double teamed about 1000 more times than Russell. I refuse to take away from westbrook cuz he is such an awesome young star in the league, but seriously. Westbrook has no idea of the attention he would be getting from defenses if he didn't have Durant. Russy has no idea what it's like to shoulder a load offensively like Rose.

Rose has way more pressure and responsibility on his back. He has nothing close to an elite scorer, let alone the league leading scorer on his team.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Dengness9; 04-21-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Local High School Star

Westbrook and Rose played differently. athleticism has nothing to do with how many dunks or freethrows you get. Don't be a tart. Westbrook just dunks more than rose. But when rose Dunks he gets up higher and flushes with more authority.

Westbrook attacks the guy in the paint which results in more whistles, Rose contorts his body as much as possible to avoid contact and get a clean layup at the rim. Which is why he doesn't take as much freethrows. Rose is better at finishing in traffic and through contact than westbrook. It's just a plain fact, and I'm telling you as a guy that likes west brook more than i do rose because i love his fire and ferocity and the way he will go out out there and try to dunk on any and every body.

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

wasn't this guy banned?

Last year stats indicated KD had more dunks and fta than Lebron James.

Does that mean he is more athletic than Lebron?

Hell No!!!!

Rose is in a league of his when we discuss his once in a decade athlestism

Westbrook is athletic, but nowhere near Rose. He is more on Wall's level.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    And Derrick Rose got double teamed about 1000 more times than Russell. I refuse to take away from westbrook cuz he is such an awesome young star in the league, but seriously. Westbrook has no idea of the attention he would he getting from defenses if he didn't have Durant. Russy has no idea what it's like to shoulder a load offensively like Rose.

Rose has way more pressure and responsibility on his back. He has nothing close to an elite scorer, let alone the league leading scorer on his team.

Just sayin'.
    I agree that Rose is better, but this is not by some large Margin. Westbrook is almost every bit of a beast that Rose is. Let's not forget how poorly kevin Durant has played the first 2months of the season where westbrook was clearly playing better. Also i i have vivid memories of how Westbrook single handedly destroyed my celtics this season without Durant. Westbrook is a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD

Hell No!!!!

Word...?

Because if I was picking an athlete out of the two I'd take Westbrook.

If we were doing some sort of olympic competition I'd take Westbrook all day.

-Smak

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD

Hell No!!!!

I think Wall ends up better than both Rose and Westbrook...he already has better passing ability and court vision and is noticeably faster than those guys. Let;s see how much he improves in his sophomore season.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Word...?

Because if I was picking an athlete out of the two I'd take Westbrook.

If we were doing some sort of olympic competition I'd take Westbrook all day.

-Smak
    Over Rose?

Rose is more athletic than Westbrook.

Rose is quicker
    Rose is faster
    Rose jumps higher(running and standing)
    Rose is stronger
    Rose has better body control

What does Westbrook do more athletically than Derrick?

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Christofire
    I think Wall ends up better than both Rose and Westbrook...he already has better passing ability and court vision and is noticeably faster than those guys. Let;s see how much he improves in his sophomore season.
    No he isn't. he got torced this season by Russell, even got ran down by Russell who he is allegedly so much faster than, and stripped multiple times