Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Default Re: Deep Inside, I'm sure EVERYBODY wants to see the Heat in the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    If they are apart of it then so should the Lakers.
    The Lakers have won it the last two years and have been to the Finals 3 straight times. The idea with Miami, OKC or Chicago is that it'd be a brand new champion instead of the San Antonio, Laker or Boston retreads.

Very good NBA starter

honestly I think most fans dont care that much. The heat arent the most interesting superstar team. For all the ability they have their games arent that exciting, none of them have a personality that shines.

Cant stand LA but you know ur getting funny soundbites with Phil and Artest, and LAmar ODom is so likeable even if they're nearing their road..They still are more entertaining plus they along with DAL,BOS and SA are the last of the top teams with top players from 2000's era.

OKC CHI and MIA are the new school guys coming in and they will be contending for the next 4-5 years but I still think when the NBA finals roll around you will see

Whoever wins the DAL/LA series(they both advance) will be in the finals. DAL under the radar can come out the west with defense,big guys, and veterans that desperately want to erase their first round troubles.

I see BOS, but if we advance from MIA, I can see the Bulls taking us out based on Thibs coaching and personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysio
    no. unless you're a heat bandwagoner or lebron fanboy no one wants to see them in the finals.
    this

I surely don't want to see them in the Finals.

College superstar

I'd like to see a Lakers v Bulls finals.

With the same results that the 91 lakers v bulls finals had

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    The Lakers have won it the last two years and have been to the Finals 3 straight times. The idea with Miami, OKC or Chicago is that it'd be a brand new champion instead of the San Antonio, Laker or Boston retreads.
    You only want miami involved because you are a Lebron fanboy.
    Just like you wanted Cleveland to win it a year ago.
    Nothing bad about that, just stating the obvious.

The Heat are the last team I want to see in the Finals.

well obviously if you're a fan of a team you want to see them in the finals lol

I don't get this thinking that fans are sick of Lakers/Celtics or any other dominant team. That wasn't the case in the 80s, and people certainly weren't sick of the Bulls in the 90s. If a team's good and has a star player, people will want to watch that. And you have to be delusional as fvck to think that people don't want to see Kobe vs. Lebron in the finals.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    I think people would tune in to watch the Lakers because of the historic aspect, 3peat, Phil's last season, Kobe's 6th ring and all the rest of the hoopla surrounding them this year. Of course for everyone wanting to see it for those reasons above there's another contingent that want to see them fail for the very things

Put the Celtics in it and it becomes the rubber match of the rivalry the past couple years

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    honestly I think most fans dont care that much. The heat arent the most interesting superstar team. For all the ability they have their games arent that exciting, none of them have a personality that shines.
    How a team that that had so many controversy before even the season started is a team nobody would cares about?

IMO, they the most exsited team to watch other than the Bulls.

Wanting something to f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck up even considered as concerning. So just wanting the Heat to lose is something people would care for.
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 04-21-2011 at 03:44 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

[QUOTE=B

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce

Cant stand LA but you know ur getting funny soundbites with Phil and Artest, and LAmar ODom is so likeable even if they're nearing their road..They still are more entertaining plus they along with DAL,BOS and SA are the last of the top teams with top players from 2000's era.

OKC CHI and MIA are the new school guys coming in and they will be contending for the next 4-5 years but I still think when the NBA finals roll around you will see

Whoever wins the DAL/LA series(they both advance) will be in the finals. DAL under the radar can come out the west with defense,big guys, and veterans that desperately want to erase their first round troubles.

I see BOS, but if we advance from MIA, I can see the Bulls taking us out based on Thibs coaching and personnel.
    lol, MIA has had a lot of eyes locked on them since the first preseason game

im pretty sure, unless your team is the playoffs, it would be interesting to see miami in the finals, not to mention ratings are through the roof

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    How a team that that had so many controversy before even the season started.. but then is a team nobody would cares about?

IMO, they the most exsited team to watch other than the Bulls.

Wanting something to f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck up even considered as concerning. So just wanting the Heat to lose is something people would care for.
    you may be right.. Im 24 and grew up understanding the game from the 2000's era players...They are all on their last legs and I just believe this year is their year before we see the dawn of the new guys

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I don't get this thinking that fans are sick of Lakers/Celtics or any other dominant team. That wasn't the case in the 80s, and people certainly weren't sick of the Bulls in the 90s. If a team's good and has a star player, people will want to watch that. And you have to be delusional as fvck to think that people don't want to see Kobe vs. Lebron in the finals.
    The Bulls had MJ... the Celtics dont.

Like i said, i WANT to see the Lakers in the Finals only because this will be Phil Jackson's last year but just not another Celtics vs Lakers matchup. I think we seen everything what those teams would do to each other. Dont forget that Doc said that the Lakers didnt beat the Celtics starting 5 when that guy he mention isnt even on their team anymore. Its not like the Celtics got Dwight Howard out of the Perkins trade.
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 04-21-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    lol, MIA has had a lot of eyes locked on them since the first preseason game

im pretty sure, unless your team is the playoffs, it would be interesting to see miami in the finals, not to mention ratings are through the roof

I dont know many people that really care for them. People love wade but not many people care IMO as ISh thinks. My sis loves Wade but shes rooting for CHI or BOS, and most of my friends are the same way( Im in chicago naitve rooting for BOS, I know its wrong lol)