Default Re: Nerdy/geeky NBA players

Grant Hill drinks Sprite.

Dwade looks nerdy

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    What's wrong with warcrafts and WWE?
    Playing World of Warcraft is a bit hardcore I think. Not only it's an RPG, it's a MMORPG. While World of Warcraft is the most popular MMORPG out there, it's still geeky. I wonder what race/class he is. Now if Tim Duncan raids in World of Warcraft, then he's hardcore.

And he played Starcraft. That's geeky.

I dunno about the WWE. I'm not sure if that's consider geeky or not.

I rule the local playground Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Playing World of Warcraft is a bit hardcore I think. Not only it's an RPG, it's a MMORPG. While World of Warcraft is the most popular MMORPG out there, it's still geeky. I wonder what race/class he is. Now if Tim Duncan raids in World of Warcraft, then he's hardcore.

And he played Starcraft. That's geeky.

I dunno about the WWE. I'm not sure if that's consider geeky or not.
    Starcraft is better IMO.

WWE is entertainment just like all other tv shows.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by az00m
    Everyone reads...

As for playing video games, I truly don't believe that makes you a nerd. It just depends how much you play and how much you get into it.
    Since when did it become true that "everyone reads." Make a poll asking who's an avid reader.

Magic Johnson

Dude, Harry Potter is the shit.

Magic Johnson

And I love how you call out guys like Tim Duncan when players like Hill, Battier, Brand, etc. went to Duke University. You gotta have brains to get into that school. Those guys were "nerds." What's funny is that "nerds" in high school become the norm in the real world and the "cool kids" become McDonald's cashiers, grocery clerks, and truck drivers. We all have that friend who was too popular for his own good but disappeared once brains actually mattered.

not everyone reads, at least not books and novels

i probably didnt read more than 30 books in my college days, cliffnoted that ***** most of the time

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey

i probably didnt read more than 30 books in my college days, cliffnoted that ***** most of the time
    You went to community college didn't you...

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    Im not sure how to respond or contribute, but that was mildly interesting, no sarcasm.

oh oh oh I just rememberd K-mart I think played violin or something in college. Just looking at him, as a professional musician myself, not a chance he sounded decent, but still interesting.
    LMAO at the though of k-mart playing the violin

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    And I love how you call out guys like Tim Duncan when players like Hill, Battier, Brand, etc. went to Duke University. You gotta have brains to get into that school. Those guys were "nerds." What's funny is that "nerds" in high school become the norm in the real world and the "cool kids" become McDonald's cashiers, grocery clerks, and truck drivers. We all have that friend who was too popular for his own good but disappeared once brains actually mattered.

Do you get the notion people here is saying being a nerd/geek is a bad thing? Of course it isn't. It seems like you're being defensive over what's nerdy and geeky. I don't think there's nobody here that saying it's a bad thing. But there are just geeky/nerdy things out there, and it's interesting to see some NBA players are into that. Nothing bad, just very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey

Not everybody reads, this is true. There are some people who are bookworms, constantly reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    Starcraft is better IMO.

WWE is entertainment just like all other tv shows.
    Yeah, I do think Starcraft is more geeky, but I think WoW is very geeky too. It's fun to see that some athletics play WoW.

You're right about WWE. I wasn't for sure how geeky it is, but it's entertainment. You don't have to be a geek by watching it unless you're hardcore into it.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Do you get the notion people here is saying being a nerd/geek is a bad thing? Of course it isn't. It seems like you're being defensive over what's nerdy and geeky. I don't think there's nobody here that saying it's a bad thing. But there are just geeky/nerdy things out there, and it's interesting to see some NBA players are into that. Nothing bad, just very interesting.
    No, I just thought it was amusing that guys like Tim Duncan were called out when there are guys who went to Duke University and other prestigious colleges.

Personally, I think the nerdiest thing out there is WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    You went to community college didn't you...
    no i went to a top 50 university (world) =D

plus i dont think RPGs are nerdy, i was addicted to diablo 2 like most my peers, great way to have fun with a bunch of your friends on a rainy day without actually meeting up

starcraft is a bit nerdy though, it`s pure strategy like chess, you gotta be a smartass mofo to master those kinda games

does anyone play gran turismo anymore, i use to love betting while playing that game
    Last edited by Stuckey; 04-23-2011 at 03:48 AM.

WWE isn't geeky, it's for dorks and retards. No decent woman would want to be with a man thta tunes into WWE on a weekly basis.

"What are we doing tonight honey?"

"WWE is on."

"Oh......"