Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nerdy/geeky NBA players

Quote Originally Posted by TrueRob
    Add Kevin Durant to the list. He loves video games and has other nerd interests.
    who doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    no i went to a top 50 university (world) =D

plus i dont think RPGs are nerdy, i was addicted to diablo 2 like most my peers, great way to have fun with a bunch of your friends on a rainy day without actually meeting up

starcraft is a bit nerdy though, it`s pure strategy like chess, you gotta be a smartass mofo to master those kinda games

does anyone play gran turismo anymore, i use to love betting while playing that game
    "Reading books is nerdy"

"Yeah I play Diablo 2, but I don't think that's nerdy"

Diablo is the nerdiest shit ever.

Reading books and watching WWE is fine, I don't see how that's nerdy.

On the other hand, world of warcrafts hardcore gamers are the worst. Especially, when they dress up as their guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41

On the other hand, world of warcrafts hardcore gamers are the worst. Especially, when they dress up as their guys.
    Reading books is normal. It's what people with brains do. WWE is for white trash and losers

Banned

Bynum.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

what do dumb jocks and bullies call geeks after high school?
    (answer in white text)
    [COLOR="White"]Sir.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo
    Reading books is normal. It's what people with brains do. WWE is for white trash and losers
    Wow.. Maybe you wanna categorize the certain type of WWE fans?

Wow.. Maybe you wanna categorize the certain type of WWE fans?
    No grown man should be watching that garbage. As I said earlier, 'No decent woman would want to be with a man that tunes into WWE on a weekly basis.'

If you watch WWE, you need to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror.

No grown man should be watching that garbage. As I said earlier, 'No decent woman would want to be with a man that tunes into WWE on a weekly basis.'
    You'd be surprised then.. hell, I don't even watch WWE weekly but that is a pretty dumb thing to say.

You'd be surprised then.. hell, I don't even watch WWE weekly but that is a pretty dumb thing to say.
    No, I'm not surprised. A lot of virgins, dorks, white trash, and morons love to watch WWE.

National High School Star

No, I'm not surprised. A lot of virgins, dorks, white trash, and morons love to watch WWE.
    Lol, get over yourself man. I do read (On my 11th book for the year, I'm so intelligent aren't I?!) and I don't watch WWE, but I'm not under the impression that it makes me somehow superior. Some of the Ivy league people I know don't read and it's not because they're idiots. Some people just don't enjoy reading. It's personal preference like anything else. Do a lot of people mention that you have a lot of wasted potential btw?

On topic, as someone mentioned Spreewell is supposedly a huge tech geek. I remember reading that he had installed intercom system for his house by himself or something along those lines.

Bynum is a geek. I remember one off season a bunch of people seeing him in Hong Kong. He had stopped there for a few days on the way to somewhere else. The one thing people saw him doing while he was there? He went to video game stores looking for tools for hacking console video game systems. One Laker fan in Hong Kong supposedly sold him a jailbroken psp and an R4 card from his game store. (Mainly to hold multiple games without having to carry all of them.)

Gilbert Arenas has his own Halo team. He got busted one year for faking his Halo stats. He'd basically have his buddy challenge him to a 1 on 1 match using a 2nd live account, then he'd kill them over and over again.

There are other World Of Warcraft fans in the NBA as well that don't publicize it. I know of a couple that have taken private tours of the Blizzard offices because they were such fans.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    Lol, get over yourself man. I do read (On my 11th book for the year, I'm so intelligent aren't I?!) and I don't watch WWE, but I'm not under the impression that it makes me somehow superior. Some of the Ivy league people I know don't read and it's not because they're idiots. Some people just don't enjoy reading. It's personal preference like anything else. Do a lot of people mention that you have a lot of wasted potential btw?
    Reading doesn't make you superior, but watching WWE makes you inferior.

Why would people say I have wasted potential? I'm approaching 46 this year! I have a family, 2 homes and a career. I have traveled the world, I'm pretty happy with what I have accomplished in my life so far. The next goal is to retire young, and hopefully start a small business and do charity work in the community in my spare time.

It is in MY opinion that watching the WWE is pathetic. That point of view does not define me. However, I believe that it is quite easy to stereotype WWE watchers. Have a look what type of people are in the audience next time. Start taking a mental note of the people you know watch WWE. If you're under 13 years old, it's okay, between 14-18 it's acceptable, over 18...... loser.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

It depends on the amount of books and the ones that you read that will consider you a nerd or not. If a person picks up all of the Carl Sagan books and read them inside out, then I would think that person is a bit of a nerd. Or if you read a lot about quantum physics. That's nerdy. But not a bad thing.

But there are such things as bookworms, reading constantly. Especially if that person reads a ton of fantasy novels. But reading books don't make you a nerd, but it depends on what type of books and how many books that you read to me. If you read a lot, at the rate of a bookworm, then you could be classified as a nerd. I don't see anything wrong with it though.
    Last edited by Micku; 04-23-2011 at 06:34 AM.

No mention of Brook/Robin Lopez yet?

The guys are so nerdy, they're in love with Disney Land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqaxsyuaZ3M