Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Chris Paul = Nothing without Pick and Roll

Quote Originally Posted by jcyrus10
    CP3 can score for himself and even make buzzer beaters. Don't hate him for all the attention that he is getting now.
    We you guys can be taken back his play. I for one am not. i dont find it impressive watching a guy take screen 2-3 times in the same possession.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

There's nothing wrong with being a master of the pick and roll.. that is the primary play a halfcourt PG can run. The only other style a PG can have is to be dominant on the fast break and in the open court. For a small guy, that's going to be very hard to do. Chris Paul is good at manipulating space and slithering in between the trees.. that is what his frame and skillset allow him to do. He is not Jason Kidd or Magic Johnson.. those guys were huge and thus able to attack in the open court a lot harder.

I just wish the lakers would stop letting him get into a shooting rythym by switching and putting bynum or gasol on him.. it has cost them two games down the stretch.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I knew id discussed this before:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...117073&page=15

This place is amazing sometimes. Pointguard hated on for mastery of the basics....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Christofire
    There are very few teams that rely as heavily on the pick and roll as much as new orleans...It's their entire offense.
    Because they don't have anyone to throw the ball to in the post and because paul is a ****ing magician with the ball and has virtually no weaknesses as a pg.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    There's nothing wrong with being a master of the pick and roll.. that is the primary play a halfcourt PG can run. The only other style a PG can have is to be dominant on the fast break and in the open court. For a small guy, that's going to be very hard to do. Chris Paul is good at manipulating space and slithering in between the trees.. that is what his frame and skillset allow him to do. He is not Jason Kidd or Magic Johnson.. those guys were huge and thus able to attack in the open court a lot harder.

I just wish the lakers would stop letting him get into a shooting rythym by switching and putting bynum or gasol on him.. it has cost them two games down the stretch.
    He's good at manipulating the referees, with all his flopping.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Because they don't have anyone to throw the ball to in the post and because paul is a ****ing magician with the ball and has virtually no weaknesses as a pg.
    i guess that's why he's accomplished nothing...some magician he turned out to be. Nothing magic about hitting a guy comin wide open off of a screen.

i guess that's why he's accomplished nothing...some magician he turned out to be. Nothing magic about hitting a guy comin wide open off of a screen.
    really? the rings argument....isn't that usually the argument on page 5 of threads for kobe stans?

shouldn't you get more soundly destroyed in a basketball debate before you start talking about rings?

nothing wrong with using the pick and roll. Its extremely effective

Most of the players handling the ball alot will use pick and roll...Dwade, Kobe, Westbrook, etc.

Lebron is the only player that used to burn his man 1v1 with no picks almost everytime.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    really? the rings argument....isn't that usually the argument on page 5 of threads for kobe stans?

shouldn't you get more soundly destroyed in a basketball debate before you start talking about rings?
    did i say anything about rings?....he's done nothing, no deep playoff runs.....Nothing.

Deron Williams has done more than Paul, and is easily a better PG that makes just as many plays if not more in both pick and roll situations and in far more isolation situations. Only an idiot would have the choice between paul and Williams and take Paul over deron williams,

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    Most of the players handling the ball alot will use pick and roll...Dwade, Kobe, Westbrook, etc.

Lebron is the only player that used to burn his man 1v1 with no picks almost everytime.

did i say anything about rings?....he's done nothing, no deep playoff runs.....Nothing.

Deron Williams has done more than Paul, and is easily a better PG that makes just as many plays if not more in both pick and roll situations and in far more isolation situations. Only an idiot would have the choice between paul and Williams and take Paul over deron williams,

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21

thos eplayers you've mention isolate far more than they come off of screens. My argument is not against the screen and roll, It's ahainst PGs that entire offensive game revolve around it...like Nash and Paul, They are almost useless unless you're running a pick and roll offense.

you can plug guys like williams, Westbrook etc. into any kind of offense and seee production from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Chris Paul has probably been as good as all but 2-3 pointguards in basketball history the last 5 years. And to tell the truth getting to 3 is a bit of a stretch.

Hes probably as good a pointguard as anyone under 6'5'' has ever been.
    Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    ...I guess I'll do it.

[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/*******.gif[/img]
    This

Learning to shoot layups Frank Nit's Avatar

I don't understand. What do you want to do, rescind his triple double? Why should anyone join your bandwagon of hating on the best player in the playoffs so far? He has dominated the Lakers. You can't dispute that, so instead you turn to hating on his style of play? A PG with hardly anyone resembling an offensive weapon on his team is destroying the two-time defending champions, and you are mad because he utilizes the most effective play in basketball history?

Where are the mods? Delete this account, plz.