Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Magic Johnson

Default Re: Tim Duncan looking totally washed up in first round playoff series vs Grizzlies

Duncan is hardly washed up. He's playing fine. It's not his fault his team lacks an identity at this point in the season. You can't blame Duncan for not playing Splitter or relegating Blair to the bench after playing (and starting) most of the season. You can't fault Duncan for Tony Parker's disappearing act. He's getting older, yeah... so what? The reason the Spurs are down in this series is because Memphis is playing ridiculously well and the Spurs soft defense is being exposed.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: Tim Duncan looking totally washed up in first round playoff series vs Grizzlies

He is not getting enough shots - 7 shots last game is ridiculous.

Decent playground baller nosfan773's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Duncan had a marvelous run, and the series is not over yet, so dont count them out. I never will count the Spurs out til the final tick of the clock.

Tim is 35, has carried a heavy load his entire career, and has played a lot of playoff games as well. Everyone breaks down sooner or later. Pop has kept him playing this long by limiting his minutes.

They don't make em like Tim anymore. Consummate professional, class act and humble personality. Truly one of the greatest playoff performers I have ever seen. He impacted the game so much. The offense was ran through him, and the defense was anchored by him. Great teammate, player.

To notch footwork and a very cerebral player. Great passer and we will never forget the classic bankshot he hit was such consistency. He's got a few years left, but I am glad to have seen him his entire career.
    Well put ... Now quit making me like Laker fans

Pop has done a very bad job with getting enough bigs, which makes no sense at all, since he had the Robinson-Duncan-Perdue era, then he had bigs like Mohammed help out Duncan.

Terrible job with the roster.

He should have followed the Celtics-Hawks path - collect as many bigs as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Pop has done a very bad job with getting enough bigs, which makes no sense at all, since he had the Robinson-Duncan-Perdue era, then he had bigs like Mohammed help out Duncan.

Terrible job with the roster.

He should have followed the Celtics-Hawks path - collect as many bigs as possible.
    The Triplet towers!

College superstar

Default Re: Tim Duncan is done folks

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    And, I feel pretty confident in saying that he will be a first-ballot HOFer...
    Actually, no. There's a clause that says you can't make the HoF if you lose to the Grizzlies in the playoffs.