Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore Hotshoot's Avatar

Default Re: Tim Duncan is done folks

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Debatable at best
    Why is that? Hakeem and Duncan playoff stats are very identical (Duncan has edge in rebounds and Hakeem has edge in PPG/Blks). Duncan has been far better clutch performer than Hakeem was and the 4 titles over 2, so i would go with Duncan.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
    well, you can add an asterisk to all their titles

05 - wade got injured in the playoffs
    03 - dirk got injured in the wcf. webber also went down in the wcsf so they would've probably faced the kings
    Nah ..injuries are part of the game. You have to deal with them.

Shortened NBA seasons, and screw ball calls that can decide the out come of a series ala 2007 v.s. Phoenix are a horse of a different color.

He said he was going to play until the wheels fell off. Duncan's running on 3 tires right now with one threatening to break off.

If there's a lockout, I can't see him returning.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshoot
    Why is that? Hakeem and Duncan playoff stats are very identical (Duncan has edge in rebounds and Hakeem has edge in PPG/Blks). Duncan has been far better clutch performer than Hakeem was and the 4 titles over 2, so i would go with Duncan.
    Because it's just debatable.

Hakeem was every bit as good, if not better.

Who was Hakeem's 2nd best player with his first championship team? Otis Thorpe? Vernon Maxwell? Kenny Smith?

Duncan, an all-time great no doubt, has been consistently surrounded with very good talent at every position virtually his entire career.

In my mind, I don't think Duncan is even superior to Garnett, honestly.

He wasn't a superior clutch player ... and it's very debatable. Hakeem was flat out dominant and played against much stiffer competiton at the position.

Duncan basically played Center and since the end of the 90's the competition at that position has gotten decidingly worse every single season.
    Last edited by Samurai Swoosh; 04-25-2011 at 10:43 PM.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Default Re: The greatest PF of all time Tim Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    What does Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan have to do with the topic? Jordan's shameful exit from the league had to do with sitting the bench for the Barons instead of competing for championships but that didn't happen in the playoffs.
    A topic by you has everything to do with the black mamba.

Banned

Default Re: The greatest PF of all time Tim Duncan

I guess you missed the series two seasons ago where he had 2 points in Game 4 where Dirk and the boys demolished the spurs 4-1

Where my announcement! Zackmorris's Avatar

We putting asterisks next to championships now?

its always sad to see, but it happens to everyone.

Father time is undefeated.

My last images of the great Larry Bird are of him laying on his stomach near the bench area nursing a bad back and sore elbow.

I honestly believe part of the reason why Kareem Abdul Jabbar is so often underrated in GOAT discussions, is because an entire generation of people only know of him as the bald headed, goggled man who averaged 13pts per game ON MAGIC JOHNSON'S LAKERS LOL!

One day father time will get us too.

Tim Duncan has had a HOF career. But like every other great player or person who ever has, or will walk the planet, his time has come.

Banned

can't call them a dynasty, never able to defend their titles

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Zackmorris
    We putting asterisks next to championships now?
    If that is the case...you can probably put one on almost every champion. You will find an opponent with an injured player; or a year in which the toughest opponent was upset by another team, which gave the eventual champ a smoother ride to their crown; or an opponent that just BLEW a couple of games, etc., etc.

IF we are going to do that, then I nominate the '68 Sixers and the '84 Lakers as the true champions.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    IF we are going to do that, then I nominate the '68 Sixers and the '84 Lakers as the true champions.
    Bulls beat the best competition every single year they won the championship.

Default Tim Duncan

Time to rip up your horrendous contract and go to Miami or Boston for the minimum.

Default Re: Tim Duncan

Is it my turn yet to start another Tim Duncan thread?

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Tim Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo
    Time to rip up your horrendous contract and go to Miami or Boston for the minimum.

LOL! Great post.

Is it my turn yet to start another Tim Duncan thread?
    As long as you only RIP him. Let's all kick him while he is down.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Hotshoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Because it's just debatable.

Hakeem was every bit as good, if not better.

Who was Hakeem's 2nd best player with his first championship team? Otis Thorpe? Vernon Maxwell? Kenny Smith?

Duncan, an all-time great no doubt, has been consistently surrounded with very good talent at every position virtually his entire career.

In my mind, I don't think Duncan is even superior to Garnett, honestly.

He wasn't a superior clutch player ... and it's very debatable. Hakeem was flat out dominant and played against much stiffer competiton at the position.

Duncan basically played Center and since the end of the 90's the competition at that position has gotten decidingly worse every single season.
    Rockets 93-94 had very good depth (duncan didn't have a good no 2 player either). I would give Admiral a slight edge over Thorpe but Rockets lineup with Maxwell, Kenny, Cassell etc was better than what Spurs had.

Yes Hakeem went up against better big men but the guards are far bigger now and these days bigs can get into foul trouble very easily.