Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Default Re: Who is the better basketball player - Carmelo Anthony or Dwyane Wade?

Quote Originally Posted by Christofire
    wade gets most of his points at the rim. Melo shoots lots of Js...naturally his Fg% will be lower than Wades.....
    Basketball, offensively, is all about getting as close as to the rim and putting you in the best possible position for easy shots. Carmelo scores on fancy fadeaway jumpers, good for him and his fans, but there are players who are smart enough to realize that there are better shots in basketball and who can actually take advantage of it by utilizing their skillset in the right way to get closer to the rim. You have to think again, that's what a better scorer does. Carmelo is a high volume scorer who can get hot and score a lot of points when he gets hot but that doesn't make him a better scorer than Wade who scores more points on less attemps at higher efficiency.

Default Re: Who is the better basketball player - Carmelo Anthony or Dwyane Wade?

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    Wade by a country mile.
    Thanks. Saved me from reading through pages of idiotic notions that Melo was even close.

He does one thing: score. And even at that, doesn't do anything off the ball. An entire offense has to grind to a halt while he sets up his shot. Guy is the most well rounded scorer in the game, but not by that much.

Wade does everything on the floor and doesn't have to have the ball in his hands to make an impact. He has also shown the ability to do something MElo is allergic to: win.

Not even close.

i dont think it's fair to compare playoff success between two players from seperat confrences. the west has been more competative than the east for the past decade...stacked from 1-8th seed. the east not so much.
    Excellent point and very true!

wade gets most of his points at the rim. Melo shoots lots of Js...naturally his Fg% will be lower than Wades.....Melo imo is th ebest scorer in the NBA, but he's not a better player than the likes of Wade, leBron Kobe. The weakest part of carmelo offensive game is his hand, and his handle is not weak, carmelo has some of the best hesitation dribbles in the league and he has a quick and tight crossover that he uses to get by defenders as well. What stops Carmelo from being mentioned with these guys is not his lack of defense or what have you, it's his consistency in regards to commitment to the defensive end of the floor. When he wants to play defense he plays it and quite well and physically, his desire defensively is just not there as much as Wade and lebron etc.

Melo = best scorer but not best player.
    Great accurate analysis! And it's a MYTH that Melo doesn't slash. And Melo is best post up SF in the L scoring the pill. Those equal high percentage shots. Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith agree with what I'm saying about Melo. So I guess I'm in good company. I'd rather have Kenny and Charles agree with me than yall knockin Melo the way u do! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    Basketball, offensively, is all about getting as close as to the rim and putting you in the best possible position for easy shots. Carmelo scores on fancy fadeaway jumpers, good for him and his fans, but there are players who are smart enough to realize that there are better shots in basketball and who can actually take advantage of it by utilizing their skillset in the right way to get closer to the rim. You have to think again, that's what a better scorer does. Carmelo is a high volume scorer who can get hot and score a lot of points when he gets hot but that doesn't make him a better scorer than Wade who scores more points on less attemps at higher efficiency.
    Are u guys for real knitpicking like that with this shot attempt bullshit. Now I'm hearing a guy that averages 25 and 49% fg for his career is that much more superior to a guy who averages 24.8 points and 46% fg for his career scoring wise? Wow! LMAO Offense is about putting the ball in the hoop anyway u can. Post ups are high percentage shots. Melo is the premier post up SF in the L. And Melo does slash to the rack. No he isn't like D Wade but Melo is ALSO one of the premier slashing SF in the L as well. Especially from the baseline. And u can get to the rack faster slashing from the baseline.

But get outta here with the scoring numbers cause their numbers are about even. What tilts it for Melo to me is the fact he has more ways to score while putting up very similar numbers to D-Wade. But for all u D-Wade fanboys out there Wade is the superior player period. But scoring wise it's not far fetched to think either is better than the other.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

This is a joke, not only is Carmelo less efficient than Wade, but he's played in a system for pretty much his entire career where the pace was so high that he was getting all kinds of easy baskets in transition while Wade played in the slow down Miami offense and was STILL MORE EFFICIENT. Besides that Carmelo has no play making ability, where as Wade has basically had to run the offense for the Heat in years past. Defensively it's not even close as Anthony has never put forth the effort consistently to play any defense...hell Wade is even a better rebounder pound for pound. There is absolutely no case for Carmelo Anthony being a better player than Dwyane Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    This is a joke, not only is Carmelo less efficient than Wade, but he's played in a system for pretty much his entire career where the pace was so high that he was getting all kinds of easy baskets in transition while Wade played in the slow down Miami offense and was STILL more efficient. Besides that Carmelo has no play making ability, where as Wade has basically had to run the offense for the Heat in years past. Defensively it's not even close as Anthony has never put forth the effort consistently to play any defense...hell Wade is even a better rebounder pound for pound. There is absolutely no case for Carmelo Anthony being a better player than Dwyane Wade.

I agree Wade is the better player by far. But Wade shoots 49% from the field. Melo shoots 46% from the field. That's not a big gap at all. And both guys still have long careers ahead of them. Melo could pass D-Wade by possibly in PPG and fg%. So if that happens don't hate on Melo. Give him the title as the better scorer. But it shouldn't even come down to the percentages as much when one shoots 46% and the other 49%.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I'm surprised this thread has gone on this long. Isn't the answer obvious? To me, Wade is the 2nd best player in the NBA. Top 3-4 at worst. Carmelo isn't even in that discussion.

Good point but some people still won't understand. They'll still tout Carmelo's versatile mid-range game or whatever despite it not being as overall efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I'm surprised this thread has gone on this long. Isn't the answer obvious? To me, Wade is the 2nd best player in the NBA. Top 3-4 at worst. Carmelo isn't even in that discussion.

Good point but some people still won't understand. They'll still tout Carmelo's versatile mid-range game or whatever despite it not being as overall efficient.
    I understand how D-Wade gets to the rack. But Melo can get to the rack too and Melo posts up. Just like there are positives for a great slasher there are EASILY positives for a COMPLETE offensive arsenal like Melo's. Melo is not Rip Hamilton shooting mainly mid range jumpers. Melo gives u a diet of every facet of scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I understand how D-Wade gets to the rack. But Melo can get to the rack too and Melo posts up. Just like there are positives for a great slasher there are EASILY positives for a COMPLETE offensive arsenal like Melo's. Melo is not Rip Hamilton shooting mainly mid range jumpers. Melo gives u a diet of every facet of scoring.

So does Wade.. watch the whole thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgxZgIXuHtI

And Wade's post-up ability has been compared to Michael Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Heat007

I never said Wade doesn't give u a diet of a lot of shit. It's other posters who who put his slashing above all else. But Melo to me is better at giving u a diet of everything scoring. And D-Wade isn't on MJ's level of posting up AT ALL!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Compared to, as in shown that it was inferior to?

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Are u guys for real knitpicking like that with this shot attempt bullshit. Now I'm hearing a guy that averages 25 and 49% fg for his career is that much more superior to a guy who averages 24.8 points and 46% fg for his career scoring wise? Wow! LMAO Offense is about putting the ball in the hoop anyway u can. Post ups are high percentage shots. Melo is the premier post up SF in the L. And Melo does slash to the rack. No he isn't like D Wade but Melo is ALSO one of the premier slashing SF in the L as well. Especially from the baseline. And u can get to the rack faster slashing from the baseline.

But get outta here with the scoring numbers cause their numbers are about even. What tilts it for Melo to me is the fact he has more ways to score while putting up very similar numbers to D-Wade. But for all u D-Wade fanboys out there Wade is the superior player period. But scoring wise it's not far fetched to think either is better than the other.
    Plain and simple. If Carmelo is a better scorer than Wade, Carmelo should not be scoring less points on more attempts. Carmelo is a good NBA scorer, I don't deny it, but Carmelo cannot position himself for a greater scoring opportunity like Wade can.

The Holy Trinity

Wade's post game is very different than MJ. Jordan had that turnaround fadeaway. Wade is more like Mark Jackson. He gets you in the post and backs you down.