Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

Default Re: Who is the better basketball player - Carmelo Anthony or Dwyane Wade?

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

Default Re: Who is the better basketball player - Carmelo Anthony or Dwyane Wade?

Easily wade. He has done more with less throughout his career.

And individually, he is a better man defender, better team defender, a better creator for others, better slasher and finisher at the hoop...his post up game is not as good - mainly due to being shorter than melo - and his midrange is not as consistent. Plus I think wade has the "IT" factor.

Wade. No brainer.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

LOL

Wade. Not even remotely close.

Melo is extremely over-rated.

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

the problem with wade is that he may be over his prime. i'm not expecting another 06 performance in the rest of his career

melo? never gotten close to wade's level and maybe he will, one day. but I highly doubt so

wade easily.

someone post the KOBE gif "OP IS A ******" plz.

Wade

Quote Originally Posted by derb2k2
    someone post the KOBE gif "OP IS A ******" plz.
    He's a longtime Heat fan. The essence of the thread is to just gauge an opinion, no need to be dismissive.

I gotta go with DWade on this one. Scoring ability is very close but I will lean to Melo cause he can score more ways than anybody in the L. And Melo for a SF rebounds very good averaging around 8 boards a game. But what sets Wade apart is that he's an all league defender in addition to being able to play the PG or SG. When u have supreme takeover scoring ability and a great all around game those guys are the greatest. These are guys like Wade, MJ, Kobe, Big O, Bird, Jerry West, Havlicek, prime Penny, prime G Hill, etc. Even guys like Magic and Zeke can qualify cause they were great, great scorers and would deliver in the clutch. But they were the ultimate floor generals so their focus was often on that.

But after these type of guys I like the guys like Dr. J, Melo, Iceman, Nique, Bernard, English, Dantley, Durant, etc. Guys who have just as scoring ability as the other guys I named. They can put a team on its back and win games. The only difference is the all around aspects. But these guys are still great, great HOF type of players. And lets face it, the only stat in bball that guarantees a win is points. So having guys who are beasts at scoring are at a premium when it comes to the bottom line.

Wade

Is this really a question? Wade by a country mile (which was already said, lol!)

Wade because Carmelo plays like a clown when he's not scoring or occasionally getting a rebound. Carmelo is the better scorer though.

Dwyane Wade...
    Melo is bigger, a better rebounder, and a better pure shooter(as evidenced from the FT line), and has craftier scoring moves.
    Wade can do more than just score, he plays better defense whether it's on ball or off ball, runs his team's offense better, better passer, better finisher at the rim.
    Wade plays bigger than his size.
    Wade is more versatile.
    Wade has proven that he can lead his team to a championship.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I gotta go with DWade on this one. Scoring ability is very close but I will lean to Melo cause he can score more ways than anybody in the L.
    melo is not a better scorer than wade. check wade's numbers in the playoffs where he's ripped apart great defenses like 06 pistons, 10 celtics. melo has a very smooth game and has a more diverse skillset than wade (better footwork, post game, mid range) but he's not as effective as wade. he can't get to the lane as well as wade does largely due to wade's superior slashing ability and handle. wade's ability to draw fouls and finish around the rim at a high level is invaluable. only thing melo has on wade is gamewinning shots and rebounding.