Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Who is the better basketball player - Carmelo Anthony or Dwyane Wade?

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Give me Melo. Wade is a ref-made superstar.
    Typical...
    His efficiency drops when he doesn't get his b.s. calls. He's still a very good player, but Melo is better, IMO.

Same would any other player if they're getting hacked while attempting to score.. hence why fouls are called in the first place..
    Wade's 1-on-1 defense is overrated, and Melo can defend pretty well when he wants to.

scorer
    I guess that's why Wade averages more points and with a higher efficiency.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Default Re: Who is the better basketball player - Carmelo Anthony or Dwyane Wade?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    You need to also consider the situations they have played under. Wade was coached by Pat Riley. Carmelo has played under Karl for his whole career. Wade got to play with a still prime Shaq that finished second in MVP voting and was determined to show Kobe up. Carmelo had to play with a past prime Iverson who still wanted to dominate the ball.
    Shaq was prime in 06 and 07? Yeah, 30/14 = 20/10.

IMHO, if last year or in 08-09, Wade had Billups, K-Mart, Affalo and Nene on his team, he could've taken them to the Conference Finals every year. Also with Karl coaching, it would be much different that Spoelstra.

I rule the local playground Joey3000's Avatar

I'm a Knicks fan and I love carmelo on the knicks, however I cant sit here and say he is better than wade. Wade so so underrated in these boards that its crazy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Shaq was prime in 06 and 07? Yeah, 30/14 = 20/10.
    2005 he finished 2nd in MVP voting. That's not prime to you?

Considering Rose recently won the MVP with his stats... I wouldn't really put much stock into it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by KOLBCTEW
    Considering Rose recently won the MVP with his stats... I wouldn't really put much stock into it.
    I don't understand your point. Rose put up great stats this year, and what does that have to do with Shaq?

Banned

Melo

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3000
    I'm a Knicks fan and I love carmelo on the knicks, however I cant sit here and say he is better than wade. Wade so so underrated in these boards that its crazy.
    How is he underrated? On these boards, he routinely regareded as top 3. I think he's overrated a bit. I've never seen a guy live of of 2 seasons so much as wades rep. All I ever hear is 09 and 06.

Even in this thread, about 95% pf the responses are for wade

Anyways, wade is better than anthony.

Wade, easily. Wade is TOP 3-5 in most everyone's lists. Some even top 2. Melo is non existant in TOP 3 lists, and TOP 5. Maybe he cracks TOP 10

I don't understand your point. Rose put up great stats this year, and what does that have to do with Shaq?
    Stats inferior to any MVP candidate so far. Him being 2nd in MVP voting does nothing to diminish the fact he was out of his prime considering his numbers in his prime were superior.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    How is he underrated? On these boards, he routinely regareded as top 3. I think he's overrated a bit. I've never seen a guy live of of 2 seasons so much as wades rep. All I ever hear is 09 and 06.

Even in this thread, about 95% pf the responses are for wade

Anyways, wade is better than anthony.
    Cause we constantly have threads like this and just recently one comparing him to Pau Gasol.

MVP doesn't mean somebody's prime. Kobe is probably going to finish in the Top 5 in MVP voting. Does that make it his prime? Your prime is when you are at the highest point in your career performing to your fullest abilities.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Ruutu's Avatar

Ill take Wade...

Biased Troll

Dwayne Wade, easily.

In my opinion, Carmelo is the NBA's most overrated player.

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    Jacking up 50 ft shots is what is messing up their efficiency aka taking bad shots instead of getting into the lane. If they were to get into the lane and score more often their efficiencies would be higher. So no, this guys don't have more ways to beat a defense than bron and wade.
    What do u mean? Kobe, Durant, and Melo don't just jack bad shots all the time. From time to time EVERY great player is gonna take a bad shot. And it's easy to see Kobe, Durant, and Melo have more ways to score than Wade and Bron. Kobe, Durant, and Melo are as good as it get in the midrange game. Bron midrange game CANT compete with those three. Wade's midrange game is underrated by many. But it isn't quite on the level of Durant, Kobe,and Melo. And Durant, Kobe,and Melo can also slash to the rack. Those three also have a better post up game than Bron and Wade. And Durant and Kobe can stroke the three ball better than Bron and Wade. What does that mean? It means those guys have more ways to score the ball than Wade and Bron. But Wade and Bron can score just as many points, but not in as many different ways. It's kinda plain to see.

And what make a great slasher unique is the fact they beat defense for slam dunks, layups, or get to the line. Therfore they get closer looks at the rim. Which means it can equate to a great FG%. Why do u think Shaq used to lead the L in FG%. Cause he was UNSTOPPABLE close to the rack. He had great footwork, strength and athletic ability to dominate close to the hoop. Just like perimeter guys like Bron and Wade can break down a defense and get layups and dunks. Which are higher percentage shots than a midrange jumper or three ball. So it isnt the fact Kobe, Melo, and Durant take bad shots. It's the fact that Wade and Bron are the best slashers in the game and play to that strength. Just like Kobe, Durant, and Melo can score anyway u want it and play to that strength.
    Last edited by bizil; 04-26-2011 at 06:47 PM.