Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Lakers vs Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
    I love how nobody is giving Dallas any chance here. It's going to be great to see my boys go in and win both games in Los Angeles
    And then you wake up....Lakers up 2-0 go in to Dallas and take 1 of 2 and the finish the Ponies in 5.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    And then you wake up....Lakers up 2-0 go in to Dallas and take 1 of 2 and the finish the Ponies in 5.
    Have to agree with this. The Mavs just aren't that good. And now Butler (our 2nd best player) is officially out for the series.

We don't have the best player in the series. We don't have the best coach. We don't have home court. We match up terribly.

Its really all about how the Lakers play. If they play like they did against the Hornets, we have a chance to take this to 7 and potentially win. If they play well? Its over in 5.

But I will say I'm really proud of this Mavs team. There was a reason why everyone (including me) thought the Blazers would win. We played our asses off and Dirk was great as usual. That is enough for me. I'd love to see us extend this series to 7 or something just for fun, but I just don't think we have enough.

Chill bro

The ponies? lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Have to agree with this. The Mavs just aren't that good. And now Butler (our 2nd best player) is officially out for the series.

We don't have the best player in the series. We don't have the best coach. We don't have home court. We match up terribly.

Its really all about how the Lakers play. If they play like they did against the Hornets, we have a chance to take this to 7 and potentially win. If they play well? Its over in 5.

But I will say I'm really proud of this Mavs team. There was a reason why everyone (including me) thought the Blazers would win. We played our asses off and Dirk was great as usual. That is enough for me. I'd love to see us extend this series to 7 or something just for fun, but I just don't think we have enough.

I'm so sick of this bullshit. Dirk is better than Kobe. I'm sick of this assumption that Kobe is the best in the league. Only thing Kobe does better is that he has better teammates. Kobe is a shit playoffs performer and as Bill Simmons put it " Dirk has chunks of Kobe's playoffs prowess in his daily stool."

Banned

You are going to be shocked. That's all I have to say. So just get your excuses ready ( Kobe is hurt, the refs are cheating etc etc)

Banned

I'm so sick of this bullshit. Dirk is better than Kobe. I'm sick of this assumption that Kobe is the best in the league. Only thing Kobe does better is that he has better teammates. Kobe is a shit playoffs performer and as Bill Simmons put it " Dirk has chunks of Kobe's playoffs prowess in his daily stool."

Last 3 playoff runs
    08 - 30/6/6 - Lost in Finals
    09 - 30/5/6 - Championship
    10 - 29/6/6 - Championship

Kobe's a pretty crappy playoff performer
    Last edited by Colby Brian; 04-30-2011 at 04:39 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Colby Brian

Last 3 playoff runs
    08 - 30/6/6 - Lost in Finals
    09 - 30/5/6 - Championship
    10 - 29/6/6 - Championship

Kobe's a pretty crappy playoff performer
    How about posting his FG%, you little fruitcake?

Kobe shoots below 40% in Finals series overall. he only wins due to his superior teammates. he was worthless those 3 seasons prior to Gasol, damned worthless except for a good choke.

Kobe shoots below 40% in Finals series overall. he only wins due to his superior teammates. he was worthless those 3 seasons prior to Gasol, damned worthless except for a good choke.
    But, of course, your obvious blinding hate for him doesn't bias you whatsoever.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

The Lakers are the favorites, but I don't think the Mavs have no chance.
    The Mavs should be able to win a game in LA, so if they somehow can protect their homecourt, an upset is possible.

Forcing Kobe into chucking mode would help a lot, so winning Game 1 or Game 2 would be a great start.

Btw, Mavs in 6

Cali Love

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

With Caron Butler officially out, it's going to be an extremely tough series for the Mavericks. Still, their confidence is sky high right now. If they steal a game in LA this will be a series. If the Lakers play well in both of the first two games and go up 2-0 I think it will suck enough out of the Mavs and the series will end in 5 or 6.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
    With Caron Butler officially out, it's going to be an extremely tough series for the Mavericks. Still, their confidence is sky high right now. If they steal a game in LA this will be a series. If the Lakers play well in both of the first two games and go up 2-0 I think it will suck enough out of the Mavs and the series will end in 5 or 6.
    I feel the exact same way.

Banned

even if Butler was playing, I'd still favor the Lakers. because you never know. Kobe might stop chucking and instead play real team ball.

Arcadia, CA

dirk fan talking about choking
    oh the irony in this post

I love how nobody is giving Dallas any chance here. It's going to be great to see my boys go in and win both games in Los Angeles

i dunno about that.

i'd be thrilled with a split.