Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Jordans First Step

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    What about Wades
    Wade has quick first step too.Especially before injury and got bigger (before The Jaw) he had one of the quickest first step.Still has very quick one.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Exactly. It doesn't just suck "now". A first step is something LeBron never had. Since the improvement in his jumper 3 years ago, the nonexistent first step is by far the biggest issue in his game. It completely dictates the style of ball he plays.
    Agreed.He has never had a quick first step.Second,third or fourth one make difference though.

He can't have quick first step now but he can have a nice post game.It's such a waste to see a strong and big guy doesn't destroy other team with using post. Jordan,Magic had it. Even much smaller guard like Payton had a post game.

He better start to work on his post game all day&night in this summer.Having a great post game with such size,would make him unstoppable.

Man, Those Defenses Were Horrible.. They Just Let Him Go 1 On 1.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    Man, Those Defenses Were Horrible.. They Just Let Him Go 1 On 1.
    stupid post of the year. ask someone with a brain to explain to you why.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I've always mentioned that MJ was a 6'6 version of AI.

I believe I told this story once....

When I was in college, this dude from the basketball team played pick up with MJ at the Warner lot (when he was filming Space Jam). He described MJ as the fastest person he's ever seen. Said he was quicker than pgs under 6'0.

One of my friends had front row seats at a Lakers game once, and told me that he's never seen anybody go from point 'A' to point 'B' as fast as he did. He said he was amazed at how fast he was, and that's what was left embedded in his memory.

Now, there's one thing to be noted here.

It's one thing to be fast.

It's another to be freakishly fast, under control, precise and know how to use it.

People always complain that Mj got tons of open shots, and like Oldschool mentioned, he CREATED his opportunities.

The defense aimed and prepped to guide him to the left, yet even when they did force him left, he still beat them.

People complain that Mj was guarded by shorter players, well.... that's because they were the ones best qualified to stay in front of him. Players his height had no chance of staying in front of him, he'd just blow by them. We saw multiple examples of MJ leaving them standing still in their tracks. He was like a blur to them. Shorter players had a lower center of gravity and quicker feet, they had the best chance at staying in front of him, but even they couldn't do that. As we've seen, even a Wizards MJ was beating younger players with consistency and ease.

Good High School Starter hammer2010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I've always mentioned that MJ was a 6'6 version of AI.

I believe I told this story once....

When I was in college, this dude from the basketball team played pick up with MJ at the Warner lot (when he was filming Space Jam). He described MJ as the fastest person he's ever seen. Said he was quicker than pgs under 6'0.

One of my friends had front row seats at a Lakers game once, and told me that he's never seen anybody go from point 'A' to point 'B' as fast as he did. He said he was amazed at how fast he was, and that's what was left embedded in his memory.

Now, there's one thing to be noted here.

It's one thing to be fast.

It's another to be freakishly fast, under control, precise and know how to use it.

People always complain that Mj got tons of open shots, and like Oldschool mentioned, he CREATED his opportunities.

The defense aimed and prepped to guide him to the left, yet even when they did force him left, he still beat them.

People complain that Mj was guarded by shorter players, well.... that's because they were the ones best qualified to stay in front of him. Players his height had no chance of staying in front of him, he'd just blow by them. We saw multiple examples of MJ leaving them standing still in their tracks. He was like a blur to them. Shorter players had a lower center of gravity and quicker feet, they had the best chance at staying in front of him, but even they couldn't do that. As we've seen, even a Wizards MJ was beating younger players with consistency and ease.
    Great post! I've always maintained that MJ was the android version of Kobe. Skill wise they are very similar but it was Mj's freakish speed, control and balance that sets him apart from Kobe.

Jim Cleamons said Kobe was faster than MJ.

The one has great first step is James Worthy.
    Despite his size, he was like a 6-5 guard.

Good High School Starter hammer2010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Jim Cleamons was probably just brown nosing Kobe perhaps positioning himself to be Kobe's pick for Head coach when Phil retired. No way Kobe is faster than MJ. Not even close! When did he say this btw?..

I rule the local playground

It must be true then, screw what we can see with our eyes, that can't be real.

Which version of Jordan? second threepeat probably.

Dunking on everybody in the park bumpyknucks's Avatar

Its so quick because he travels every time........

Never Mind: I