Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Anyone here have any form of Synesthesia? (You might not know you do)

Tonight's discussion ISH.

We will help a FELLOW ISH'er on constructing a movie !

The subject will be emotions and music.

We want your best song input on music concerning that will provoke

DESIRE

ANTICIPATION
    -. i.e. Jaws theme without the horror suspense

JOY

etc.

rank sentamentalist

Default Re: Anyone here have any form of Synesthesia? (You might not know you do)

he shouldn't grab a guitar, he should grab a paint brush

Nabokov had it so each letter was a different colour, and i also remember him saying it is quite common in children, but that 'stupid parents and teachers' condition it out of them by saying things like "don't be stupid, e isn't blue" and so forth; though how true that is, i do not know.

Listening to music is definitely more than an auditory experience for me: i see and feel it (not colours though), which can sometimes cause sensory overload. Loud dissonant sounds genuinely make me feel unwell. But this is just perhaps high sensitivity to sound, and gradations of sound, so different maybe - i dunno.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Listening to music is definitely more than an auditory experience for me: i see and feel it (not colours though), which can sometimes cause sensory overload. Loud dissonant sounds genuinely make me feel unwell. But this is just perhaps high sensitivity to sound, and gradations of sound, so different maybe - i dunno.
    stop jacking off

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I had Sythesia the keyboard tutorial software.

They sound similar.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    stop jacking off
    Looks like you're projecting your own insecurities onto others again bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    For me it's more like.. the song itself IS yellow. Just the sound of it is YELLOW for some reason. As far as whether you see it/think of it/ etc.. I think it's more, you feel it.

To me it always just made sense that a song would be a color, lol, it's so weird that some people just don't have that. Like..."Comfortable" by Lil Wayne will forever be beige to me. LOL. Sounds so weird to say it out loud
    Shouldn't synesthesia basically start a pseudo-hallucination? What you describe is more like crosslinking of certain names(in this case of colours) to songs. Synesthesists usually see everything in yellow, when they hear a yellow song/tone - like the world got colourized in photoshop.

rank sentamentalist

Nabokov had it so each letter was a different colour
    that is truly cray

wonder what happened to joe... maybe he'll be back around the block soon enough?

Shouldn't synesthesia basically start a pseudo-hallucination? What you describe is more like crosslinking of certain names(in this case of colours) to songs. Synesthesists usually see everything in yellow, when they hear a yellow song/tone - like the world got colourized in photoshop.
    is this true? my assumption was like your crosslinking description, whereby colours might flash across your vision or when you close your eyes, because of an assotiation with a certain sensation, feeling, whatever is happening around you, etc... but it was all a very mild experience

but what you're describing would be unnerving, friggin overwhelming if i hear woody guthrie and all of a sudden the world tints green like a heineken bottle in front of my eyes... that is scary.
    Last edited by RidonKs; 08-05-2015 at 01:24 PM.

No wonder Nabokov was such a great writer. Just the exercise of writing/typing must have been an insanely pleasurable experience.