Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: The Heat/LeBron think they just won the championship?

I don't think there is a team out there that can stop them now ... and I think they saw Boston as the only real threat ..
    Last edited by HighFlyer23; 05-12-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

i'll tell you this Chicago > Celtics So take that to the bank troll boy

Default Re: What was with Lebron's reaction to winning last night?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    i wasn't wrong. i never said the Wade/Lebron partnership wouldn't work. I said i couldn't understand the best player in the NBA going to Miami to do Wade's heavy lifting for him. I still can't. Never even once said it couldn't, wouldn't work, etc.

BTW, are you watching them? It works but it's not efficeint. It's basically the two best players in the league out talenting other teams even though they don't really work that well together. It's not this dynamic, exciting basketball, Wade to Lebron, alley oops, both of them raising each other's game. It's both of them keeping out of each other's way and being better than separate, but not complimenting each other greatly.
    i don't get Lebron acting like he won the title when it's only the second round. He's not a secondary star, he's freaking Lebron James. His expectations are higher, if they lost to Chicago would he be happy he beat Boston? I really really hope not.
    Stop trolling.

Cause really...they did.

Boston was the one team Miami thought could beat them and they manhandled them.

High School Starter DRose.IS.da.MAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dr8ked
    what does dallas have to do with miami celebrating ? When the team came together they celebrated, maybe south beach likes celebrating. Whats the problem with that ?
    Why is winning the second round such a big deal? They have all done that before ( besides the 3rd diva, Bosh)
    The problem is the heat feel as if they have accomplished their ultimate goal, even judging from the press conference, LeBron acting like they just did something big.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Beating the Celtics was a huge obstacle for LeBron and Wade to over come so of course they should be happy. Work is not finish yet Chicago will be tough because they do not have home court on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jb220
    Cause really...they did.

The Boston team with a bunch of old men? The 76ers team with a bunch of low IQ bball players? They haven't had tough competition.

Bulls beat a young and talented Pacers team and now are facing an aggresive/athletic Hawks team.

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyer23
    I don't think there is a team out there that can stop them now ... and I think they saw Boston as the only real threat ..
    Key Words

1. Got the monkey off his back. This team has pretty much the EC guardians since LeBron went to the finals, and pretty much prevented him from doing anything in the last couple of years.

2. Everyone pretty much agreed before the playoffs started that if Miami somehow miraculously got past Boston, that it would be pretty much smooth sailing in the playoffs (I disagree, but that's the common belief), and he knew that they were his toughest opponent (whether they came in the first round, or the NBA finals), so this win was a very huge moment in going forwards to winning the championship.

3. This is probably the best team he's ever beaten, and the best chance he's had to win a championship, so that combination was probably monumental for him.

4. Finally, for the first time in his career, he felt like he had another teammate that could carry him at parts of the game, while LeBron could do the carrying at other points, and probably felt it most in this game because this was their most important game of the season, and Wade scored 34, so it was more obvious in this case.

I think possibly a combination of these things probably contributed to his over emotion. I'll be honest though, when I first saw it, I thought he was injured or something.

I understand he was glad to beat the Celtics. I understand he hasn't before. But he didn't win it with the team that experienced it...I, personally, feel like that's celebrating the fact that you got your tougher friend to beat up a bully then showboating like you did it. My opinion (so don't get all over me for this) is that he didn't overcome anything, he just took an easier road.

Banned

I agree with the OP

I don't get picked last at the park anymore AlexanderRight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jb220
    Cause really...they did.

Key word there.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

It was the first big game LeBron didnt choke away, of course they had to celebrate

[COLOR="White"](trolling)[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by DRose.IS.da.MAN
    After the game, the heat (esp. LeBron) celebrated like they won the championship. Why does LeBron always overreact even if he hasn't won the big prize?
    Example: Game 2 of 2009 playoffs against the Magic, he acted like he just won the championship with that game winning-buzzer beater shot. This is the reason why I think LeBron isn't a winner at heart and lacks mental toughness, he lets little accomplishments satify him too easily.

The heat thought their real rivals in the playoffs were Boston and Lakers, they took care of Boston, and the Mavs beat the Lakers, so do they think the rest of the road to winning the championship is easy? Did they forget about Rose and the Bulls? Overconfidence is not a good thing.
    Agreed, it was a little over-the-top and embarrassing. I don't think the Lakers celebrated like that after WINNING the championship

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    It was the first big game LeBron didnt choke away, of course they had to celebrate

[COLOR="White"](trolling)[/COLOR]
    And he cried?