Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Barkley: I had gay teammates

Quote Originally Posted by njeshizzle
    "First of all, society discriminates against gay people," Barkley said. "They always try to make it like jocks discriminate against gay people. I've been a big proponent of gay marriage for a long time, because as a black person, I can't be in for any form of discrimination at all."

Charles Barkley needs to take a basic philosophy class. The majority of people who are are pro-gay marriage are so because they fear being labeled as bigoted and/or associated with the same racist mindset that was prevalent in the United States prior to the civil war and so forth.

1st: You are discriminating by not discriminating (i.e. you're discriminating against not discriminating) conceptually there is no such thing being absolutely implicit since that would include its contrary (i.e. explicitness and thus result in a contradiction, basic logic.

2nd. Gay Marriage Activist have done a wonderful marketing job of running behind the banner of inequality and associating themselves with other minority groups (e.g. African-Americans) which have been unjustly discriminated against in the past. A form of association via analogy. I personally don't see the entailment from one analogy to other other. There are too many different variables. The only thing they share in common is discrimination but discrimination in itself is neither just or unjust. You have to find other grounds of arguing why gay marriage should be made legal.
    those are great points. for a retard. too bad it makes no sense at all for those of us who have functioning brains. you use wonderful words. too bad it can't cover up the fact that you're stupid.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    He's right. No one will come out as an active player, but there are gay players. As for Chuck's playing days, Hersey Hawkins is the first that comes to mind.
    Mike Gminski and Gumby seem like more likely candidates.

Blue Alliance OKC Capt PBJ_Time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    Aren't you making the assumption that gay people changing in the same locker room must be looking at your lustfully? Just as not every single girl you meet is automatically attracted to you, so not every gay person is automatically attracted to every man.
    By using this logic, men and women should be able to shower together simply because not everyone is attracted to every member of the opposite sex. Personally, I wouldn't care as long as there weren't any continuous unwanted advances made towards me, but other people would care, and they wouldn't be wrong for that.

College superstar

Gay rights is sooo '80s.

Kinda weird how machismo street thug culture is all homophobic. Gayness is the ultimate in masculinity. They don't need women. If you need women you're a p*ssy. Live up to your lingo. Ask the ancient Greeks and Romans about that one.

Banned

mmm gays are fighting for their own cause and hope they ll "convert" everyone to it, as do muslims etc. Life is a struggle, people are always trying to convert others people to their beliefs, behaviors, way of life etc. They arent as innocent or peaceful as they portray themselves to be. They are suffering from their -chosen- condition, and they think that everyone should become/be gay so everything would be better... for them. The fact they cant reproduce says it all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    Gay rights is sooo '80s.

Kinda weird how machismo street thug culture is all homophobic. Gayness is the ultimate in masculinity. They don't need women. If you need women you're a p*ssy. Live up to your lingo. Ask the ancient Greeks and Romans about that one.
    you mean they dont like women? Why?

Because most homosexuals have been raised by single mothers/sisters with no father figure? Then become homosexual, then suffer, and then ultimately reject women, mothers and only live with men? How comes they need women to adopt their kids or inseminate them?

How comes greeks and romans ABANDONNED homosexuality ?

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    Gay rights is sooo '80s.

Banned

All of these bullshits started with kobe bryant slur. Now there are gays ads and people like barkley adding their PC bullshits to enforce the marketing message of the nba trying to catter to the widest audience possible. They know more and more kids are raised by single mothers and know they re going to become gays, but need their "audience". it's all about marketing and money FIRST and foremost. Before Kobe's slur they couldnt care less... Now they have to adapt. Nice job kobe...

Hello, we didnt in the first place, and still dont need this shit. Has barkley something to tell us?
    Last edited by Funnyfuka; 05-19-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    What if you aren't comfortable?
    What percentage of society would be comfortable to be looked at lustfully by a gay man while you shower in a change room?
    Who says thats ok?
    Tell the team and then remove yourself from the shower. Or shower at a different time? YOu seem to be implying being gay is not ok because it may inconvenience you somehow. If blacks made me uncomfortable (they don't) should they not be allowed to work with me?

If you are uncomfortable with a situation remove yourself. It's not so hard.

I laugh sometimes because (not you necessarily) but people always say things like this because i think they assume the people around them are straight, because no one told them they are gay. Gays are 10% of the population. Do the math. If you are on a team especially with that many guys what is the chance no one is gay?

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    mmm gays are fighting for their own cause and hope they ll "convert" everyone to it, as do muslims etc. Life is a struggle, people are always trying to convert others people to their beliefs, behaviors, way of life etc. They arent as innocent or peaceful as they portray themselves to be. They are suffering from their -chosen- condition, and they think that everyone should become/be gay so everything would be better... for them. The fact they cant reproduce says it all.
    Wow unbelievable!!!

Where's the zoo you live in? I mean, I live in Europe but I'm ready to travel around the world to see an ape able to comunicate... Wow so gay are not so inocent and peaceful??? Who in hell told you gay people where peaceful and inocent, are straight men peaceful and inocent???

All of these bullshits started with kobe bryant slur. Now there are gays ads and people like barkley adding their PC bullshits to enforce the marketing message of the nba trying to catter to the widest audience possible. They know more and more kids are raised by single mothers and know they re going to become gays, but need their "audience". it's all about marketing and money FIRST and foremost. Before Kobe's slur they couldnt care less... Now they have to adapt. Nice job kobe...

Hello, we didnt in the first place, and still dont need this shit. Has barkley something to tell us?
    i like this post, it manages to be ignorant and incoherent at the same time. and the fact you edited it to try to make it more logical makes it even better.

End your life now.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Hey what's up? I've always been curious about something...

How does it feel to be a retard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Harion
    those are great points. for a retard. too bad it makes no sense at all for those of us who have functioning brains. you use wonderful words. too bad it can't cover up the fact that you're stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by niko
    i like this post, it manages to be ignorant and incoherent at the same time. and the fact you edited it to try to make it more logical makes it even better.
    I'm not sure I would have responded quite in the same manner, but sometimes it's nice to see the ignorance called out on the spot like that.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 05-19-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by njeshizzle
    "First of all, society discriminates against gay people," Barkley said. "They always try to make it like jocks discriminate against gay people. I've been a big proponent of gay marriage for a long time, because as a black person, I can't be in for any form of discrimination at all."

Charles Barkley needs to take a basic philosophy class. The majority of people who are are pro-gay marriage are so because they fear being labeled as bigoted and/or associated with the same racist mindset that was prevalent in the United States prior to the civil war and so forth.

1st: You are discriminating by not discriminating (i.e. you're discriminating against not discriminating) conceptually there is no such thing being absolutely implicit since that would include its contrary (i.e. explicitness and thus result in a contradiction, basic logic.

2nd. Gay Marriage Activist have done a wonderful marketing job of running behind the banner of inequality and associating themselves with other minority groups (e.g. African-Americans) which have been unjustly discriminated against in the past. A form of association via analogy. I personally don't see the entailment from one analogy to other other. There are too many different variables. The only thing they share in common is discrimination but discrimination in itself is neither just or unjust. You have to find other grounds of arguing why gay marriage should be made legal.
    This is a bit off base. I think the rights of all people should be protected.. so if you're anti-gay, feel free to feel that way. But, it becomes discriminatory when they're not allowed the same rights as everyone else, i.e. marriage.

Just like, if you're racist, than okay, you're racist. But trying to make it a law that black people have to ride on the back of the bus, is discrimination.

Now, if a private business owner wants to make it so black people can't eat at their restaurant.. their right to do that should be protected. IMO.

It's all about not forcing your will on other people.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    + 1. 4 pages about f@ggots .