Default Re: Damn Kirsten Dunst is looking pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    That's Billy Corgan with a blonde wig.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    That's Billy Corgan with a blonde wig.

Book 'em Dan'l

i feel for kirstin dunst. she knows she signed on for a great movie, and everyone's going to like it, but deep in her mind she knows that greatness got shattered in pieces with what lars von tier said. i'm sure some of us can take what he said as a joke, but many people are going to unfortunately look at just his keywords "german", "nazi", "jews", "hitler", and "understanding".

Over-rated

If I was a girl and someone told me I look like her I'd probably cry myself to sleep at night and want to kill myself.

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey
    the man pretty much committed career suicide

clearly you have absoloutly no concept of what lars von trier is and how he opperates. anyone remotely familiar with lars(personally i find him the most interesting film maker in the world, dont confuse that with neccesarily the best) knows this is just normal behavior for him and doesnt mean anything. part of his whole thing is the disliking he has for the way film marketing is. all the best actors in the world want to work with von trier ALL. this role was originally penelope cruise but she dropped out because pirates 4 bought her dignity(not sure how much but johnny depps was had for 55.5million dollars). this is the single greatest career move for dunst- everyone considers her garbage and the way you prove otherwise is to do a von trier film(witness the offers she gets after she gets universal acclaim for this role). he is famous most of all for giving female actresses their credibility but that comes at the price of having to do rediculously demanding roles for a rediculously demanding director.
    cannes is pathetic for doing this- ugh it really annoys me how they know exactly what they are getting into with von trier- thats why they screen all of his films. yet he touches on this issue and they throw him out.

Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    If I was a girl and someone told me I look like her I'd probably cry myself to sleep at night and want to kill myself.
    wtf...........kirsten dunst is beautiful and next door girl type looking, seems like a good wife type

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

He got banned from cannes for that? Im quite surprised. What i saw was a man who tried to make a joke but failed hard, then tried too make of what he said to sound rational but failed harder. Maybe im wrong. Maybe he does sympathize with hitler. He wasnt able to explain what exactly he understands with hitler though. But i think he explicitly said he did not condone hitler's actions and that he realizes that what hitler did was wrong. Either way, it's kind of an overreaction from the cannes film committee imo or am i just as insensitive?

If this ever affects his career it will be for the better. People are curious. They would want too see a movie made by a man who publicly admitted that he was a nazi, even as a jest. Remember the movie the da vinci code? Catholic officials called their followers to boycott the film but many catholics got curious because of that. Then boom, instant box-office hit. Im sure ron howard thanks the vatican for that.
    Last edited by vinsane01; 05-21-2011 at 04:14 AM.

Bret Easton Ellis wrote this on twitter about it

Kirsten Dunst looked a lot sadder when I ran out of coke at an Oscar party 5 years ago than at the Von Trier press conference at Cannes...

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Bret Easton Ellis wrote this on twitter about it
    Oh snap

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by ukplayer4
    clearly you have absoloutly no concept of what lars von trier is and how he opperates. anyone remotely familiar with lars(personally i find him the most interesting film maker in the world, dont confuse that with neccesarily the best) knows this is just normal behavior for him and doesnt mean anything. part of his whole thing is the disliking he has for the way film marketing is. all the best actors in the world want to work with von trier ALL. this role was originally penelope cruise but she dropped out because pirates 4 bought her dignity(not sure how much but johnny depps was had for 55.5million dollars). this is the single greatest career move for dunst- everyone considers her garbage and the way you prove otherwise is to do a von trier film(witness the offers she gets after she gets universal acclaim for this role). he is famous most of all for giving female actresses their credibility but that comes at the price of having to do rediculously demanding roles for a rediculously demanding director.
    cannes is pathetic for doing this- ugh it really annoys me how they know exactly what they are getting into with von trier- thats why they screen all of his films. yet he touches on this issue and they throw him out.
    hope you are right. the movie world can be pretty insular at times and if you offend the wrong people, that can make it difficult to get funding etc. The way cannes reacted is what I'm afraid of. I think he made a bad judgement but people have gotten blackballed for less, especially when you go to one of the most taboo topic in continental europe

but I'm definitely not as familiar with him as you are. I have only seen Dancer in the Dark and Dogville, about to watch Antichrist right now. What do you recommend from Von Trier?
    Last edited by heyhey; 05-21-2011 at 12:29 PM.

I rule the local playground Turkododo's Avatar

I am Mel Gibson, and I sponsor this Director. :-).

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey
    hope you are right. the movie world can be pretty insular at times and if you offend the wrong people, that can make it difficult to get funding etc. The way cannes reacted is what I'm afraid of. I think he made a bad judgement but people have gotten blackballed for less, especially when you go to one of the most taboo topic in continental europe

but I'm definitely not as familiar with him as you are. I have only seen Dancer in the Dark and Dogville, about to watch Antichrist right now. What do you recommend from Von Trier?

im always interested in what people make of antichrist, regardless of how people feel about von trier his films are like no other. breaking the waves is another good one, i loved 5 obstructions but its more of a doccumentary.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    You're retarded if you think this will have no bearing on his career.

ok, lets hear you explain about how this will negitively impact his career and then i will explain to you how things actually are and what lars is in europe and how he gets his films funded. you might want to do some research first on independant european film making and lars' production company

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    This will have no bearing on his career.