Biased Troll

Default Which players have the worst hero complexes?

Which guys seem like they literally care more about being the one who shoots at the end of the game, rather than winning the game itself?

Even if someone else actually makes the game winning shot, they dont look that happy because it wasnt them who was the hero?

Which guys will sacrifice everything their team has worked for over four quarters in order to try to do something difficult that will make headlines rather than just hit an open player and get out of there with a win?

My list:

Kobe
    Westbrook
    Carmelo

I think are the three worst offenders in basketball right now. Who am I missing?

Biased Troll

Default Re: Which players have the worst hero complexes?

And yes, this is supposed to be in the OTC..........

Lebron I guess is the opposite of these guys (or at least he used to be known as such). Does that make Lebron super awesome? lol

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

It's kind of a double edge sword. You're the hero if you make it, you're the reason you lost if you missed. But wanting to shoot and having to have to shoot are two different things.

In the case of Kobe and Melo, they are relied on to take that last shot, because they are their best players on their teams in the crucial moments. As far as Westbrook is concerned, he should defer to the better player in that situation.

Thread abuser

Blake Griffin
    Derrick Rose
    Scabface
    [COLOR="White"]trolololol[/COLOR]

soundcloud->solarcism

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Lebron I guess is the opposite of these guys (or at least he used to be known as such). Does that make Lebron super awesome? lol
    have you been watching the playoffs? lebron has been in hero mode come fourth quarters for the past two series.

westbrook is the worst offender in my eyes. that guy literally puts his head down and drives 90% of the time he is on the court when i watch the thunder. i feel like durant plays better alongside maynor than he does westbrook, which is pretty sad really. with the other guys, i want them to be taking the last shot anyway. who on the knicks is more clutch than melo? same deal with the lakers. do you want pau shooting a fade-away midrange jumper from 17 feet that he NEVER makes, or kobe shooting a 30 footer that he makes three times out of ten?

other players starface missed:

derrick rose (a lot of the time)
    jr smith
    nate robinson (when he gets time)

Quote Originally Posted by playtetris
    have you been watching the playoffs? lebron has been in hero mode come fourth quarters for the past two series.

westbrook is the worst offender in my eyes. that guy literally puts his head down and drives 90% of the time he is on the court when i watch the thunder. i feel like durant plays better alongside maynor than he does westbrook, which is pretty sad really. with the other guys, i want them to be taking the last shot anyway. who on the knicks is more clutch than melo? same deal with the lakers. do you want pau shooting a fade-away midrange jumper from 17 feet that he NEVER makes, or kobe shooting a 30 footer that he makes three times out of ten?

other players starface missed:

derrick rose (a lot of the time)
    jr smith
    nate robinson (when he gets time)

Hence why I specifically said he used to being known as such. lol

Biased Troll

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    It's kind of a double edge sword. You're the hero if you make it, you're the reason you lost if you missed. But wanting to shoot and having to have to shoot are two different things.

In the case of Kobe and Melo, they are relied on to take that last shot, because they are their best players on their teams in the crucial moments. As far as Westbrook is concerned, he should defer to the better player in that situation.

If it's imperative for the "best player" to take the shot no matter what the circumstances at the end of the game, then why dont they just take every shot during the course of the game?

Why is a contested shot from an overrated "superstar" a better shot than a wide open look for someone else? Just because it makes for a better story? Because it will end like a fairy tale? And if it's really that crucial to have your best player take the last shot, then again, why not have him take every shot? What's the difference?

Biased Troll

Quote Originally Posted by playtetris

Lebron has taken a lot of shots in recent fourth quarters but they have been coming while he has been playing well.

Unless he's got a particularly strong rhythm going, he doesnt hesitate to suck in the defense and hit the open man for a good shot.

I'm talking about guys who consistently take bad looks at the end of the game even if theyre like 5/16 and have a wide open teammate as theyre about to hoist it up while falling away with a hand in their face from 26 feet out. That would be guys like Westbrook, Kobe, Carmelo etc.
    Last edited by FourthTenor; 05-22-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Banned

Pargo when he was on the Hornets and in the playoffs , you got to be a scrub to have a true hero complex

Jet Terry, but that lil nikka has been a hero, fool ain't afraid to jack up a trip in any clutch situation. Ballzy ballzy baller.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTenor
    Which guys seem like they literally care more about being the one who shoots at the end of the game, rather than winning the game itself?

Even if someone else actually makes the game winning shot, they dont look that happy because it wasnt them who was the hero?

Which guys will sacrifice everything their team has worked for over four quarters in order to try to do something difficult that will make headlines rather than just hit an open player and get out of there with a win?

My list:

Kobe
    Westbrook
    Carmelo

I think are the three worst offenders in basketball right now. Who am I missing?

NBA Legend

Mods, I'll thank you to move this over to the NBA forum please.

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

tragic