Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast

Default Re: Joakim Noah fined $50K for using anti-gay slur from bench during Heat-Bulls Game 3

I don't really care that Kobe or Noah said this. The reason I think they deserve the fine is because they did this at work with millions watching.

I don't get to call someone that at work or I get fired. They should be penalized. They also signed a contract that I'm sure had terms about not damaging the image of the league. What they did probably cost the league some money.

Default Re: Noah fined $50,000 for gay slur..what do you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    Kobe didnt even say it to the ref. He was talking about the ref. There's a big difference here. Its not like he got up in the refs face and called him a f.a.g.
    He was just sitting on the bench when he said that and the ref himself didnt even hear what Kobe said.
    So are you saying he didn't call the ref a f#$#ing f@%%ott?
    ok...

Decent playground baller

FFS this ain't Gladiator. This isn't Ancient Rome and the Basketball Court isn't the gladitorial arena where priosners of war get eaten by lions and battle it until the death. This is 2011. If a fans says some shit to a player, they should expect to get shit back and not act butthurt about it. What a farce this is. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    So are you saying he didn't call the ref a f#$#ing f@%%ott?
    ok...
    Kobe was talking about the ref when he said it, sure. But he didnt call him a f*gget while they were having a conversation. Its like when you're with a friend and you see a guy pass by and you tell your friend ''I hate that guy, he's a f*ckin asshole''. Its not the same as if you talk to the guy passing by and tell him ''Hey you, you're a f*cking asshole. I hate you! ''

You see the difference?

Magic Johnson

Default Re: Joakim Noah fined $50K for using anti-gay slur from bench during Heat-Bulls Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I don't really care that Kobe or Noah said this. The reason I think they deserve the fine is because they did this at work with millions watching.

I don't get to call someone that at work or I get fired. They should be penalized. They also signed a contract that I'm sure had terms about not damaging the image of the league. What they did probably cost the league some money.
    Yeah, but here's the kicker: If I called a fellow employee that word, I'd probably be talked to and potentially fired. If I called a customer that... shit. But in the NBA, it's the exact opposite.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07

U Gotta be kidding me?

Oh no NBA lost a potential deal with the Gay Trust. Oh no people are gonna start boycotting the NBA because their employees are homophobic....

We're talking about the word "******", not human rights issues in China.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    If you address the ref before talking, you're talking to the ref as far as I'm (and Stern is) concerened.
    If the ref isnt answering or didnt hear you you aren't talking to anyone as far as i'm concerned.
    He obviously wasnt gonna call him a f*cking f*gget if the ref answered when Kobe called him.

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    Kobe was talking about the ref when he said it, sure. But he didnt call him a f*gget while they were having a conversation. Its like when you're with a friend and you see a guy pass by and you tell your friend ''I hate that guy, he's a f*ckin asshole''. Its not the same as if you talk to the guy passing by and tell him ''Hey you, you're a f*cking asshole. I hate you! ''

You see the difference?

Of course there is a difference.
    Fact remains, he called the referee an anti gay slur.
    Its worse than saying it to random Joe in the crowd.
    Basic stuff.

Decent playground baller

Basic stuff.
    He didn't use it as an anti gay slur. Could have said "bit*h", jerk-off, wanker, ass-hole. In the context they all mean the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Yeah, but here's the kicker: If I called a fellow employee that word, I'd probably be talked to and potentially fired. If I called a customer that... shit. But in the NBA, it's the exact opposite.
    If you called a customer that, you'd be definitely fired 100% and probably sued.

Basic stuff.
    I wasnt denying that. I just wanted to say that what Noah said was way worse because he actually called the guy a f*ckin f*ag while talking to him and repeated it numerous times yet he only gets charged half of the amount Kobe gets??

Magic Johnson

Basic stuff.
    No it's not, if anything it's the exact opposite. Kobe called a fellow employee an anti gay slur, while Noah attacked a paying customer... a fan of the game.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
    If you called a customer that, you'd be definitely fired 100% and probably sued.
    Exactly, and yet the NBA is taking the opposite approach because they're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordup
    He didn't use it as an anti gay slur. Could have said "bit*h", jerk-off, wanker, ass-hole. In the context they all mean the same thing.

It's [COLOR=black]Derogatory to gays, deal with it.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]Like when I called Yao a "China man" on this board, I almost got banned. Its not offensive in Australia. People get offended by it in USA. Kobe and Noah know its offensive, you should too unless you are stupid. [/COLOR]

38th pick to Rockets!! ChandlerParsons's Avatar

lololol
    My Dad told me the guy he was talking to was Gay.