Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: NBA's GAY commercial.

The NBA might as well start making commercials for teen pregnancies, domestic violence, and the other issues of society. Oh wait, they're probably not going to.

Stupid fuks trying to tell us what we can say or not say.

Banned

It's official this country is falling apart... there might as well be a **** run for president.

Pelican Brief

America is hypersensitive to anything that even seems anti gay because of the suicides and gay beatings.

As awful as those things are I don't think that trying to take the phrase "that's gay" out of people's vernacular is going to help. It's a smart but it's a tiny microscopic start.

The commercial just makes people say more gay jokes really

Not airballing my layups anymore Noble6-AC45's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NOHCP3
    America is hypersensitive to anything that even seems anti gay because of the suicides and gay beatings.

As awful as those things are I don't think that trying to take the phrase "that's gay" out of people's vernacular is going to help. It's a smart but it's a tiny microscopic start.

The commercial just makes people say more gay jokes really
    i just wish people would use their energy to help others instead of worrying about something so small in the grand scheme of things

example: clean the hoods

Pelican Brief

Quote Originally Posted by Noble6-AC45
    i just wish people would use their energy to help others instead of worrying about something so small in the grand scheme of things

I agree. Sadly won't happen, there is no money or anything to gain in that. The NBA will put up a playground and be on there way No attack dog for the poor. Say one anti gay thing and GLAAD will up your ass(pun intended)

This is not a free speech issue. The government will not arrest you for using the word gay when trash talking. It's not illegal to use speech that shows you are an asshole. Freedom of speech doesn't prevent others from calling you out on being an asshole.

Saw a basketball once World B. Freaky's Avatar

You people on here are completely pathetic lowlifes.
    "Freedom of Speech" has nothing to do with this. They aren'y trying to arrest anybody. There's a difference between what is legally allowed and what is morally correct.
    Ignorant losers.

Just out of curiosity, what are you doing to lead by example?

Dunking on everybody in the park The Next Jordan's Avatar

Interestingly enough, I just went on the website they put up at the end of that commercial and it says that that ad was recorded prior to Kobe's comment being made. On the same day actually.

http://blog.glsen.org/2011/04/execut...-responds.html
    Hours before five-time NBA champion Kobe Bryant uttered an anti-gay slur during a basketball game Tuesday, NBA players Grant Hill and Jared Dudley entered the US Airways Center in Phoenix to serve as role models of a very different kind.

The Phoenix Suns teammates -- players who proved to be as gifted off the court as on it -- filmed a public service announcement for GLSEN, the Ad Council and the NBA as part of the "Think Before You Speak" campaign. The message is one we very dearly wish had been heard a few hundred miles away in Los Angeles.

Using anti-gay language is wrong. Always. Whether you mean for it to hurt someone or not.

The PSA, which will air during the NBA playoffs, is part of GLSEN and the Ad Council's effort to address anti-lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender language among teenagers. The NBA loved the campaign created by ArnoldNYC, which launched in 2008, and asked to get involved. We couldn't have asked for a better partner, in terms of passion for the message and commitment to its success.

None of us could have imagined how timely the campaign would become...

Decent college freshman

fuq these *******s

real n!gga on *******s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFP9rCnXR54

Not airballing my layups anymore Noble6-AC45's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Just out of curiosity, what are you doing to lead by example?

i help out on a community center for foster kids

since i had a rough childhood back when i lived in the hood (drugs,bullying etc...) is something i dont want future kids to have to go trough

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyer23
    fuq these *******s

real n!gga on *******s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFP9rCnXR54

Fvcking gay ass commercial

Really ISH? I guess I shouldn't have expected any better from a bunch of classless monkeys.

Grow up and learn. This world has people that are different, live with them or get the **** out.

It's not that small in the grand scheme of things. Know a kid that went and shot a couple people in a supermarket just because he had been called a couple anti-gay slurs a couple weeks before in the store. The people he shot were not the people that called him names, so other people suffered for the stupidity of others.

Does the world need to stop being so sensitive? **** yes. Do people need to learn to keep their ignorant mouths shut? **** yes.

Banned

I got a solution to stop all these Gay remarks.. it's simple don't be Gay.