Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Default This hip hop generation and tattoos

I mean tattoos have always been a part of hip hop culture but not whole bodies covered. Wtf is this going to look like when they're 50+?

Worse is that it's not just the famous rappers (and Travis Barker) who have all these tattoos but the young nobodies I see everyday. I remember 10 years ago I used to hear how you didn't want to get a tattoo on a spot of your body where it'd show because of job prospects and now half of my college friends are getting tatted head to toe.

Idk...anybody have tons of tattoos like the ones above? Or plan on "inking their whole body up" or think it looks cool?

Default Re: This hip hop generation and tattoos

wow, ricky ross needs a bra, I feel bad for Lincoln and Washingon, those two fellas are gonna be hanging around Ross' knees in about 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    wow, ricky ross needs a bra, I feel bad for Lincoln and Washingon, those two fellas are gonna be hanging around Ross' knees in about 10 years
    But it actually looks like he's lost some weight.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    But it actually looks like he's lost some weight.
    so that explains where Franklin went...

Quote Originally Posted by StateProperty
    Wtf is this going to look like when they're 50+?
    In the case of Wayne and Souja Boy, see Rick Ross lol. In the case or Rick Ross, see a tombstone.

Worse is that it's not just the famous rappers (and Travis Barker) who have all these tattoos but the young nobodies I see everyday. I remember 10 years ago I used to hear how you didn't want to get a tattoo on a spot of your body where it'd show because of job prospects and now half of my college friends are getting tatted head to toe.

Idk...anybody have tons of tattoos like the ones above? Or plan on "inking their whole body up" or think it looks cool?
    Yeah I won't get anything done below my elbows. Some of the girls at my job can't ever wear short sleeves because they have tattoos on their wrists and shit, and my cousin can't at his job because his forearms are tatted.

I don't plan on getting much else tattooed. I might get somethin small on my chest at some point but even that i'm not sure about. Right now i just have elbow-to-shoulder done on both arms. Not sleeves, just separate ones.

College superstar

I have a tattoo running down the back of my left arm from the top of the triceps to my wrist. I can cover it up with a long sleeve shirt, which you are usually required to wear anyway among formal environments so it's never made a difference in that regard.

You really do have to take time in selecting something you like and putting it in a suitable place. It's possible to get tattoo's removed without scaring but it's costly and takes anywhere from 6-18 months depending on the size and colours.

I think the pictures you posted are over the top but it fits in with the image they are looking for "Bad Boy thug". That annoys me because personally I would like the general society to get pass the whole "Tattoo's are for bad boys" and look at it as a form of art for any type of person young and old.

College star

ricky ross needs to lend a few pounds to Wiz...

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Yeah I won't get anything done below my elbows. Some of the girls at my job can't ever wear short sleeves because they have tattoos on their wrists and shit, and my cousin can't at his job because his forearms are tatted.

I don't plan on getting much else tattooed. I might get somethin small on my chest at some point but even that i'm not sure about. Right now i just have elbow-to-shoulder done on both arms. Not sleeves, just separate ones.
    Yeah one of my friends is trying to be a cop but has both of his forearms tatted up, so he'll have to wear long sleeves no matter the weather. ****in dumb.

Yeah one of my friends is trying to be a cop but has both of his forearms tatted up, so he'll have to wear long sleeves no matter the weather. ****in dumb.
    yea what kind of person wants to be a cop?

A buddy of mine was not allowed into the marines due to having sleeves on both arms, they said only 75% can be covered, what a joke. Like 75% looks more professional than an entire sleeve

Biased Troll

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    I think the pictures you posted are over the top but it fits in with the image they are looking for "Bad Boy thug". That annoys me because personally I would like the general society to get pass the whole "Tattoo's are for bad boys" and look at it as a form of art for any type of person young and old.

well i think thats why most people get tattoos. i bet probably only like 10% of people who get them are really into ink culture like birdman anderson or deshawn stevenson, and the rest are just people who do it so they have somethin to show off if theyre ever in a group of other peeps that have ink.

i dunno, maybe not, but i personally know a lot of people who get them for that reason. its like they dont wanna find themselves in a group of dudes with their shirts off and be the only one to not have ink. but its not like they discovered the idea of tattooing and really thought "wow thats a really cool concept, ive got all these great ideas for things id like to get tatted with..."

Ridiculous.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTenor
    well i think thats why most people get tattoos. i bet probably only like 10% of people who get them are really into ink culture like birdman anderson or deshawn stevenson, and the rest are just people who do it so they have somethin to show off if theyre ever in a group of other peeps that have ink.

i dunno, maybe not, but i personally know a lot of people who get them for that reason. its like they dont wanna find themselves in a group of dudes with their shirts off and be the only one to not have ink. but its not like they discovered the idea of tattooing and really thought "wow thats a really cool concept, ive got all these great ideas for things id like to get tatted with..."
    That says more about them and there insecurities. NEVER get a tattoo because of someone else or the need to "Fit in". The people who do just that will never feel content.

Not just Hip Hop but basketball players too

New Monta Ellis tattoo

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

The hip hop culture is mirrored by the NBA (and vice-versa) and the culture's devotion to tattoos in the last 15 years is mind-boggling. I remember when people looked and talked about Dennis Rodman's tattoos as if he was out of his mind and a complete abomination.

Now, Rodman's tats wouldn't only go unnoticed, they are almost expected. It is really weird when you see an NBA star that ISN'T wearing sleeves of tattoos.

In a way, Rodman was the pioneer of this whole thing.

if i played ball for a living, i'd get two full sleeves so fast

i would never tattoo the neck though, just arms chest, back, legs w/e if i can cover it up with a suit then it's ok