Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dallas will win NBA finals

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Congrats Mavs fans who were ISH regulars.

[COLOR="White"]If this thread jinx or backfires my apologies. Dallas fans cant beat Philly fans no way. Fact lol[/COLOR]
    I agree with GOBB.

Congrats to Mavs fans.

Congrats to Dirk - best player in the NBA.
    Congrats to Terry - the one bright spot during those dark years with the Hawks. He has become a truly outstanding all-around player, not just scoring - but passing, ballhandling, defense, leadership.
    Congrats to Kidd - returning to the Finals in his final few years in the NBA.
    Congrats to Barea - dude is a munchkin, but a real talented one.
    Congrats to Stevenson - problem child becomes defensive gem.
    Congrats to Chandler - one of the best defensive centers in NBA.
    Congrats to Haywood - he accepted a bench role and doing so made this team championship worthy.
    Congrats to Peja - still has that jumpshot and he definitely has been a huge factor for the Mavs this post-season.
    Congrats to Marion - has taken a smaller role in name of winning, and he is now a great all-around player. Very unselfish.
    Congrats to Brewer - helped in spot minutes.
    Congrats to Cuban - he's back in the Finals. And this time he will win.
    Last edited by hawkfan; 05-26-2011 at 01:51 AM.

Good college starter

Default Re: Dallas will win NBA finals

Bosh, LeBron, and Wade is too much star power for any team. If one guy plays bad another guy can carry the team.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: Mavericks vs Heat 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Quite a weak arguement and contradicting what your team has done. "BOS was in control for most the games outside of game 1....Could have forced game 6-7 and possibly won..."

It dont mean shit because MIA beat BOS just like DAL beat OKC. Officiating was scrutinized in 2006, The refs are either going to let contact go or be very careful they dont face another situation

Boston was never in control except for the one gm Miami didnt show up..Every other gm they hung in there until the better team Miami closed the games out..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

On paper, the Mavs don't have much of a chance without home court. The 2-3-2 is just so stupid in my opinion.

Way too big of and advantage for the home team. Its so hard to win 3 games in a row at home. So if you don't do that, you pretty much have to close out on the road.....and thats really hard.

I do think the Mavs have a fighting chance though if its the Heat. We can play zone at times, and we have some players that could give Wade/Lebron/Bosh some problems.

The Heat play an over help style of defense and a pack it in defense. If the Mavs are hitting threes, we could open up a few of the games.

Heart says Mavs in 7.

Head says Heat in 6.

I'm going with my heart.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease nbaballllller's Avatar

Default Re: So who on the Dallas Roster will defend Lebron and Wade.. now that Deng will be gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    when you get outplayed, you lose. OKC outplayed Dallas a staggering 1 time.
    I said that they outplayed them for much of the series.

That is true.

Game 4 they outplayed dallas for 43 minutes. Game 5 was the same.

Dallas however severely outplayed them to close out both those games. Thus they won.

People talking about how Marian, brewer and stevenson are going to shut down Miami, yet OKC (with lesser offensive talent) averaged over 101 PPG.

Unfortunately this is not going to be an epic 7 game series like ppl are hoping for. The games will be close and hard fought but its not going past 5. Miami is too good offensively and even better defensively.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: So who on the Dallas Roster will defend Lebron and Wade.. now that Deng will be gone?

I like wade and Im all for him getting another ring, but Dirk and Kidd are who im rooting for and Carlisle.

This finals looks like late90's-early 2000's era team vs. late 2010's

DAL has probably about 3 more seasons of 50 plus before they head into rebuilding.

Its crazy...Im 24 so I grew up emulating these guys.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Wait a second timeout when did Chicago become a "battle tested" team?

First round out for the last two years.

lol if you think the Heat are going to walk all over the Mavs fine but man...some of y'all are doing some stretching also hilarious that Boston + Bulls is >>>> than Lakers + OKC but nobody is talking about the 76ers...

Dirk or Lebron is gonna get there first ring

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by nbaballllller
    I said that they outplayed them for much of the series.

That is true.

Game 4 they outplayed dallas for 43 minutes. Game 5 was the same.

Dallas however severely outplayed them to close out both those games. Thus they won.

People talking about how Marian, brewer and stevenson are going to shut down Miami, yet OKC (with lesser offensive talent) averaged over 101 PPG.

Unfortunately this is not going to be an epic 7 game series like ppl are hoping for. The games will be close and hard fought but its not going past 5. Miami is too good offensively and even better defensively.
    One thing I know is...

-ISH will crash big time after the finals
    -MIA fans will take over as hated LA fans for the next 5-7 years. circle of life i guess

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LurkingFanboy
    Wait a second timeout when did Chicago become a "battle tested" team?

First round out for the last two years.

lol if you think the Heat are going to walk all over the Mavs fine but man...some of y'all are doing some stretching also hilarious that Boston + Bulls is >>>> than Lakers + OKC but nobody is talking about the 76ers...
    Because the Sixers were weak, just like the Blazers. no sense in adding both to the comparison.

As for Chicago, they had the #2 defense, and they had Tom Thibodeau who does bring some championship experience as the architect of Boston's defense in recent years. What did Scotty Brooks bring to the table? Thought so.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    On paper, the Mavs don't have much of a chance without home court. The 2-3-2 is just so stupid in my opinion.

Way too big of and advantage for the home team. Its so hard to win 3 games in a row at home. So if you don't do that, you pretty much have to close out on the road.....and thats really hard.

I do think the Mavs have a fighting chance though if its the Heat. We can play zone at times, and we have some players that could give Wade/Lebron/Bosh some problems.

The Heat play an over help style of defense and a pack it in defense. If the Mavs are hitting threes, we could open up a few of the games.

Heart says Mavs in 7.

Head says Heat in 6.

I'm going with my heart.

As long as you make smart passes, rebound and maintain offensive flow you can beat the Heat team. BOS just didnt have the gas to continue on but DAL veterans look like they have more than enough collectively.

I think Corey Brewer will be played more unless Peja shoots lights out from 3. Gonna be a great series Dirk looks like a man on a mission from the postgame.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Heat in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan
    June 2nd I believe.
    are u serious, thats a week from tomorrow (if heat close out bulls, that is a 1 week wait)

if both conference finals matchups end in 4 or 5 i think they moved start date to may 31 (which is still a 5 day wait)

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
    Because the Sixers were weak, just like the Blazers. no sense in adding both to the comparison.

As for Chicago, they had the #2 defense, and they had Tom Thibodeau who does bring some championship experience as the architect of Boston's defense in recent years. What did Scotty Brooks bring to the table? Thought so.
    Brooks seems to do more motivating...
    Thibs is great at defensive game planning but hes definitely needing experience

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Legend

ridiculous! now you're pulling ranks on which coach they beat?? Dallas beat Phil Jackson, the greatest coach of all time. Change your nickname to "nitpicker"