Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast
    Luchini from the sky TheAnchorman's Avatar

Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Preview: Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    I looked at your Posts.. Bosh will not be stopped, people acting like Dirk is gonna Rape Him not happening. Do U really Think Dirk is gonna average 30+ and Bosh gonna average half that ? Who Else is gonna score 20+ for Dallas ? Cause the Heat have 3 guys who can. Just saying..
    Even now there are still people that are finding excuses to rip on Bosh even tho he has showed up this playoffs... pathetic

College superstar

Heat have the all important home court, the refs, and 3 of the best 4 players in the series. It'd be a major fail if they didn't win. The only way Dallas can win is if Dirk averages 30/15 or if the bench lights it up again like they did against LA. The latter is actually pretty possible since the Miami bench is so putrid.

Do Dallas fans REALLY trust Terry? That's gotta be a little scary.

To me the thing is that Dirk and LeBron have been 'clutch' except they've been making garbage long 2s that are just really terrible shots. Both really lucky. Someone's luck has to end.

Looks like the NBA doesn't really care to attract foreign fans, because this finals schedule makes it all but impossible to watch.

All the games are late (8-9pm ET = 2-3am in Europe), and they're all on work nights (no games on friday or saturday).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    Heat have the all important home court, the refs, and 3 of the best 4 players in the series. It'd be a major fail if they didn't win. The only way Dallas can win is if Dirk averages 30/15 or if the bench lights it up again like they did against LA. The latter is actually pretty possible since the Miami bench is so putrid.

Do Dallas fans REALLY trust Terry? That's gotta be a little scary.

To me the thing is that Dirk and LeBron have been 'clutch' except they've been making garbage long 2s that are just really terrible shots. Both really lucky. Someone's luck has to end.
    No. But this current team has proven to be able to win without Terry doing anything.

Terry has shot under 42% 8 times in the playoffs this year. The mavs are 6-2 in those games.

He scored 13 or less in 7 of those 8 games.

This team doesn't need Terry to play great every night. Thank god, because he can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Looks like the NBA doesn't really care to attract foreign fans, because this finals schedule makes it all but impossible to watch.

All the games are late (8-9pm ET = 2-3am in Europe), and they're all on work nights (no games on friday or saturday).
    Always been the same

Luchini from the sky TheAnchorman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket

And the NBA should bend over backwards for those fans when its main audience is in America? There would be a riot if games started at 5-6 ET,the western timezones would freak out.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnchorman
    And the NBA should bend over backwards for those fans when its main audience is in America? There would be a riot if games started at 5-6 ET,the western timezones would freak out.
    of course not, but how about a game on fr/sa night or sunday afternoon!?

anyway I'm looking forward to the finals.. it's gonna be either LBJ's or Dirk's first ring. two guys that definitely deserve one!

Why are people still talking about the Mavs as if they're a soft defensive team? I could understand in the beginning of the year but.. now? They've been playing solid team defense all year.

Good High School Starter

Mavs in 6. No one is stopping Dirk, and the Mavs bench will light it up.

#LetsGoMavs

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic
    Head to Head last 7 years:

Bosh:
    22/10 48%fg

Nowitzki
    25/8 50%fg

Oh yeah, Bosh got murdered.
    When I said look at games, I mean wins this year but nice job.

He still will prove to be a liability though.

He'll probally be nervous on Tuesday, just like Lebron was.

And still, looking at the numbers you pointed out to me it seemed as if he was unable to guard Dirk

Plus, on statscube, it seems as the Heat's numbers go up when he's on the bench

http://www.nba.com/statscube/player-vs-player.html#Dirk-Nowitzki-vs-Chris-Bosh|1717,2547;season=r

Also Dirks numbers vs the heat

Nov. 27, 2010: 22 points (9-23 FGs, 1-5 3FGs, 3-3 FTs)
    Dec. 20, 2010: 26 Points (that was when they were on a win streak)

So again, looking at the numbers, it seems as if Bosh wont be able to guard Dirk.
    Just like Gasol
    Just Like Collison and Ibaka
    Bosh Will fall
    Last edited by 3zazer1; 05-27-2011 at 07:55 AM.

I like the Mavs in this as long as the refs are anywhere in the area of fair. As desperate as he is to get LeBron a ring, I honestly dont think Stern can risk too much tomfoolery going into the potential lockout - a lot of eyes will be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    I like the Mavs in this as long as the refs are anywhere in the area of fair. As desperate as he is to get LeBron a ring, I honestly dont think Stern can risk too much tomfoolery going into the potential lockout - a lot of eyes will be watching.
    If he does then expect a long lock out because the owners are gonna be pushing for a hard cap to stop these super teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ODEN>DURANT
    Mavs in 6. No one is stopping Dirk, and the Mavs bench will light it up.

#LetsGoMavs
    Funny how we hear how unstoppable dirk is and Miami won stop him yet Dallas to stop lebron and wade? It really is funny. Miami like the last series will have 3 of the 4 best players in the series plus far better defense and are a better rebounding team

This is going to be so legendary when u think about how good was Dirk and LeBron in the postseason.

Ever since the Lakers got bounced, this is the Finals I've been hoping for. This will be a good consolation prize. A rematch of the insane 2006 Finals! Dirk's chance for redemption! "The Big 3's" chance for validation!

I predict an awesome series. It's going to be tough to pick a winner. I could see either team winning in 7.