Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Default Re: So who on the Dallas Roster will defend Lebron and Wade.. now that Deng will be gone?

The Mavs "defense" let OKC outrebound them by 20+ in game 4. Dirk grabs 5 boards per game. You're not pinning all your hopes on Chandler and Marion rotating to every wide open player on Heat.

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

Default Re: So who on the Dallas Roster will defend Lebron and Wade.. now that Deng will be gone?

Quote Originally Posted by nbaballllller
    This.

Gtfo

Dallas struggled containing players from getting into the paint. They managed to win this series with veteran leadership and poise in the final minutes. OKC actually outplayed them for much of the series.

Lebron and Dwade are going to go ham on this defense.

Oh and that CB guy will be able to get his at will

Miami in 5
    nice acct name brah. anyway the sg n sf will guard them

College star

Not trying to disrespect the defense of the mavs but after seeing the celtics and the bulls in back to back rounds, the mavs defense won't look as tough to the heat. They will be relieved a little bit.

Default Re: Dallas will win NBA finals

Quote Originally Posted by 3zazer1
    But how can the Heat stop Dirk and the shooters? I hate this double standered bullshit on this forum when we're talking about the Heat. They ARE NOT a better team than Dallas.
    Dallas has the better coach, better role players, beter offense plus they win the matchup battle

J Kidd
    Stevenson
    Marion(Hopefully Caron if he can get better by June 2nd)
    Dirk
    Tyson
    vs
    Bibby(??)
    Wade
    James
    Bosh
    Anthony

Lets be real, Dallas in 6.
    Really weak analysis. Matchup battle? Get outta here.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
    The Mavs "defense" let OKC outrebound them by 20+ in game 4. Dirk grabs 5 boards per game. You're not pinning all your hopes on Chandler and Marion rotating to every wide open player on Heat.
    More important than rebounding though is that they shut down Durant and pretty much everyone else in the series besides Harden.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

I like Dallas and I want them to win but I don't see it happening. Miami's perimeter defense is too good. A major part of Dallas' success has been because of JJ Barea's ability to get into the paint area. He wont' be able to do that against Miami. I'm trying to overrate them but I do think Miami has the best defense in the NBA, even better than Chicago.

Look at what they've done to Rose...but then again, Rose is a perimeter guy. Dirk can shoot and post up as well, so it'll be kinda interesting how Miami defends Dirk. Overall I think LeBron and Wade will be the difference (captain obvious I know). Wade and LeBron will shut down Dallas' guards. I hope I'm wrong because I want Dirk to win his first ring, he deserves it.

Dolphins,Heat,Marlins SebasMiamiFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    More important than rebounding though is that they shut down Durant and pretty much everyone else in the series besides Harden.
    Durant is not LeBron or Wade.

Default Re: Mavericks vs Heat 2.0

The Mavs have something the Bulls lack: someone who can get you a sure 2 points when you need it. That used to be Rose, but he hasn't been that guy during the Conference Finals. Dallas also has good defense, and Chandler is roughly as effective as Noah is in guarding the inside. This team also has better outside shooters than Chicago. They don't have a 2nd scorer the quality of Boozer, but the way guys like Kidd and Marion stepped up, they don't really need it.

I think people are underestimating this Dallas team. They really brutalized Kevin Durant, the league scoring champ for games 3/4/5 and Kidd wasn't blown apart by a speed freak like Westbrook.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Corey Brewer is an elite perimeter defender who I've been watching since he was a rookie. In his first start for Dallas this year he had 20 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals. Just because Dallas is using Stevenson over him doesn't mean he's not the better player. Brewer if given the chance will wreak havoc on the Miami perimeter mark my words.

I'm laughing out loud BTW at your comment of Dallas having soft defense vs OKC. Marion flat out dominated and shutdown Durant the last 2 games and even old Jason Kidd locked up Westbrook and forced him into very poor numbers of 30 points on 30 shots etc.

U think Dallas is gonna Beat Miami ?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan
    Dallas has a good defense, but Boston and Chicago were top 3 in defense. Miami went off on both of these defenses. Dallas will not stop Miami's offense. Miami's defense is the best and you will not see open looks that often.
    Chicago is just straight inept scoring.....

BOS controlled most of the games, having bench chemistry issues was a problem for BOS. BOS had the lead in most of the games for the bench to take it away. Rondo hurt in game 3 really effected the whole team. MIA beat BOS but DAL does what BOS does offensively a lot better.

DAL doesnt D up like BOS or CHI, but they make freethrows,they score easy baskets,they are a bigger team frontcourt similar to Chicago with a much better PF in Dirk.

I think its sad how people discredit who DAL has beaten. Bottom line is DAL dealt with a fast OKC team and kept them in check most of the time with Fast breaking opps.

Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan
    Durant is not LeBron or Wade.
    I agree. Not saying it will be quite as effective. That being said.. Marion is going to guard Lebron as well as anyone can do really. Which is to force him into jumpers and hope he's not hitting them. As for Wade.. Stevenson, Brewer and Kidd have the size to play bully ball with Wade. They need to do the same thing as Lebron. Force him into jumpers. Other than that.. how does anyone defend 2 of the top 5 players in the game???

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: Mavericks vs Heat 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    The Mavs have something the Bulls lack: someone who can get you a sure 2 points when you need it. That used to be Rose, but he hasn't been that guy during the Conference Finals. Dallas also has good defense, and Chandler is roughly as effective as Noah is in guarding the inside. This team also has better outside shooters than Chicago. They don't have a 2nd scorer the quality of Boozer, but the way guys like Kidd and Marion stepped up, they don't really need it.

I think people are underestimating this Dallas team. They really brutalized Kevin Durant, the league scoring champ for games 3/4/5 and Kidd wasn't blown apart by a speed freak like Westbrook.

As far as I saw OKC could of won EVERY gm in that series definitely another 2 at least that they flat out couldn't close.. Dallas gets in those situations against Heat its Lights out.

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

Dirk is gonna have to win the game by himself

if he does, and against this Year's Miami team and without a legit 2nd Option - that ranks him very high in my books

he's not going to have his way and drop 40 with Miami's defense though

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    U think Dallas is gonna Beat Miami ?
    No clue. I expect an epic 7 game series. Who wins is going to be decided on the defensive end. People are REALLY underrating Dallas' defense right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nbaballllller
    This.

Gtfo

Dallas struggled containing players from getting into the paint. They managed to win this series with veteran leadership and poise in the final minutes. OKC actually outplayed them for much of the series.

Lebron and Dwade are going to go ham on this defense.

Oh and that CB guy will be able to get his at will

Miami in 5
    when you get outplayed, you lose. OKC outplayed Dallas a staggering 1 time.