Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Let's be Honest the Mavericks Have No Chance

If you say the Mavs have no chance, theeennnn you havent been watching any of their games this post season. Dirk has toggled god mode (Im a heat fan) IM scared as shit of him right now tbh, but if we play the way we have been the last 2 series then Heat in 6 IMO

lol @ anyone overlooking the Mavs

would like the heat to win (whaddya know? a lakers fan rooting for Lebron?)

Not that it has anything to do with playing dallas

No but seriously, I'd like to see lebron get his first

The Heatles are on a much bigger mission. That defense can clamp down teams whenever they want to. Look at all the putrid 4th quarters by the Bulls who couldn't do jack shit when miami committed to stopping them

Same foir the Celtics, and the C's were 2nd in the NBA in FG efficiency this year. But in game 5 (and other games in the series), Miami shut them down late when they clamped down. Witness ZERO field goals for Boston in the final 5 minutes of regulation in game 5, and just a measly 2 buckets in all of overtime.

two buckets in the Final 10 minutes for the best defense in the NBA, against the team with the 2nd best FG efficiency in the NBA. lol.

The Mavs have no chance, you guys are on some lunatic fringe if you think they do. Nothing is going to stop Lebron and Wade from winning the title this year... and the foreseeable future as the many rings and championship trophies are reeled in at lightning speed.

The Miami Heat are on a much bigger mission, a HISTORICAL one for the AGES !!!. Nothing will stop us from achieving legendary greatness and legendary status that will be talked about for many many years into the future.

"We Da Bess !!"

Quote Originally Posted by Heat007
    The Heatles are on a much bigger mission. That defense can clamp down teams whenever they want to. Look at all the putrid 4th quarters by the Bulls who couldn't do jack shit when miami committed to stopping them

Same foir the Celtics, and the C's were 2nd in the NBA in FG efficiency this year. But in game 5 (and other games in the series), Miami shut them down late when they clamped down. Witness ZERO field goals for Boston in the final 5 minutes of regulation in game 5, and just a measly 2 buckets in all of overtime.

two buckets in the Final 10 minutes for the best defense in the NBA, against the team with the 2nd best FG efficiency in the NBA. lol.

The Mavs have no chance, you guys are on some lunatic fringe if you think they do. Nothing is going to stop Lebron and Wade from winning the title this year... and the foreseeable future as the many rings and championship trophies are reeled in at lightning speed.

The Miami Heat are on a much bigger mission, a HISTORICAL one for the AGES !!!. Nothing will stop us from achieving legendary greatness and legendary status that will be talked about for many many years into the future.

"We Da Bess !!"
    you already got that.

legendary cheap unclassy superstar reunion, like the league had never seen. If the heat wins a title its a sad day for true nba fans and any competitor that appreciates the essence of sports.

I hate to agree, but I think Miami has this series on wrap.

The only thing Dallas has going for it is superior shooting... and Miami has the best perimeter defense in the league. Mavericks aren't going to be getting wide open jumpers.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    The only thing Dallas has going for it is superior shooting... and Miami has the best perimeter defense in the league. Mavericks aren't going to be getting wide open jumpers.
    Since when? Miami was worse than the Lakers at defending the 3 point shot this season.

So the Celtics are back up to being rated as a "elite" defensive team again? That's nice to know.

Series is split 50/50 for me. I'd be hard to pick until I see game 1. In 2006 Haslem wrapped up Dirk pretty tight, if Haslem/Anthony/Bosh can't handle Dirk, then i'd give the Mavs a serious shot. If Dirk gets contained, then Miami will win in 5-6.

Dunking on everybody in the park MavsPoke's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEECwgdigZY

It's going to be so sweet after the Mavs/Heat series when the Lebron/Wade fans join the Kobe fans and acknowledge how legendary Dirk has been in these playoffs.

Good luck to the Heat. You are gonna need it.

Who the shit is denying Dirks run has been legendary this year? The only ones ive seen doing that are the trolls. Their opinion isnt worth shit anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Dallas has a chance, but it's a very slight one. We're basically asking Dirk to be the best player on the floor 4 times out of seven (outplaying LeBron) and Jason Kidd, Jason Terry and Shawn Marion to consistently match the play of Wade and Chris Bosh. It's just very unlikely. Can it happen? Sure, but I'd give it a 35% chance.
    Pretty much

Dallas are Great but they are still dirk and a bunch of really good role players. Miami are the best defensive team, better on the boards and have 3 out of the 4 best players in the series. That should be too much. More so when miam has home court
    which is huge in the finals format

The chances of lebron and wade losing now they in the finals? Think it is slim
    Last edited by King Lebron LBJ; 05-28-2011 at 06:46 AM.

I usually hit open layups 10x91= 5 Rings's Avatar

Presumptuous!!!!

Look it up in the dictionary,kids.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Cangri
    lol @ anyone overlooking the Mavs
    lol at anyone under-rating the Miami Heat. The Mavericks got to the finals by beating three water down defensive teams. Guys like J.J. Barea were dominating. That's not going to happen versus Miami's elite team defense. Dirk isn't going to get good looks at the basket. Dirk got to the foul line way too many times in all three series going into the finals. Versus the Miami Heat Dirk is going to be defended well at all times without fouling him.

Mavericks defense will not be able to stop Miami's offense. You seen what happen when a crippled Bradon Roy single handily destroyed the Mavericks in game 4. Imagine what two prime super stars and one above average all-star is going to do to the Mavericks. It's going to be a massacre. Anyone who thinks otherwise is only Jason Kidding themselves.
    Last edited by Foster5k; 05-28-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park 24r2's Avatar

i have this feeling that the mavs are gonna stomp the heat

Banned

i can see them winning two gamnes...