Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Decent playground baller vitamink420's Avatar

Default Re: You think Dominos is on the verge of going out of business?

I actually think their new pizza tastes a lot better than the old one, and tons better than Pizza Hut. I love all the extra seasoning, but I guess some people don't like it for some reason.

They are far too large to just go away.

There is a point in economics where you lose money, but you stay in business. When you reach that "shut down" point is when you actually close up shop. For a place like Dominoes to reach that shut down point, it would take like a bunch of people to sue or something drastic like they stole Pizza Hut's recipe and got caught.

Im sure some large pizza chain would buy them out, take their market shares

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    I haven't eaten Dominoes in years, but I give them props for shaking things up and trying to improve. I assumed they were doing well (gator's link on the first page confirmed it).

If I get pizza, I order from local places or make it myself. I'd rather eat a frozen DiGorno than Dominoes/Pizza Hut.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Um, I haven't. It's not difficult to avoid.

Yeah, really. Particularly depending on where you're from. I can realistically say it's been 20 years since I've had a slice of dominoes pizza.

we dont got a lot of local pizza shops here in vancouver, and most of them are disgustingly bad

dominoes is ok, i just load it up with peppers meat and hot sauce, drown out the sub par elements of it

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by vitamink420
    I actually think their new pizza tastes a lot better than the old one, and tons better than Pizza Hut. I love all the extra seasoning, but I guess some people don't like it for some reason.

its over-seasoned tho. It feels like i'm eating breadstick pizzas, and if you eat enough of them it feels like you're filling yourself with some sodium based seasoning that just kills you afterward. Completely kills me where i got so much gas, and the other half of it tastes like butter. Its just too much for me.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I like those Domino's sammiches. They're tasty, sue me!

Yeah i got one of their oven baked chicken sandwiches and it was surprisingly good.

Magic Johnson

I guess I'm in the minority. I love pizza. I'll eat that shit from anywhere. It don't matter where it's made.

Magic Johnson

That new commercial is retarded. "Give us your thoughts by marking the box." --who's going to bother keeping the box and actually returning it so you guys can get feedback? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    the only thing I like about dominos is when you get the thin crust pizza its cut into little squares which makes it easy to eat with large groups.

other than that, the new recipe stinks.

and WTF is up with telling us to check the damn delivery box to let them know if their new chicken is good?

are they going to collect the box at a later date?

SMH
    Truth teller is in effect.

Seriously, am I supposed to drop off the box??? I have no idea how they will recieve votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    Ever since they re-created their pizza they've been floundering IMO. Their old pizza wasn't anything special but it had its niche as a plain and average pizza that people liked. I know a lot of people that ordered Dominos despite it being real average.

Then in comes the new pizza and it tastes so butter/seasoning heavy that it felt like a breadstick pizza. I don't really like it, its too overboard with the seasonings. After that they started rolling out all of these deals/gimmicks.

Now dominos is running a $7.99 Large 3 topping pizza....I mean thats a sick deal, maybe the best i've seen. But it just seems like they're getting real desperate
    Domino's remains the dominant player in the $12 billion domestic pizza delivery category. The company generates revenue through franchise royalties, company-owned stores, and sales from its 17 dough-manufacturing and supply-chain centers. Of the 8,729 stores in 60 countries as of March 2009, 4,498 are operated by domestic franchisees, 3,742 by international franchisees, and 489 are company-owned. Domino's posted $5.5 billion in systemwide retail sales in 2008.

In 1998, after 38 years of ownership, Domino's Pizza founder Tom Monaghan announced his retirement and sold 93 percent of the company to Bain Capital, Inc. for about $1 billion and ceased being involved in day-to-day operations of the company.

You need to understand more about a business before speculating on their health.

Their current stock price is within about 10 cents of the 52 week high.

To Bain Capital, whether or not you buy a pizza is of minimal concern. If a store goes under, the franchisee takes the hit, not the company. Sure, the company loses on supply sales and franchise fees, but that's a drop in the bucket compared to the up-front fees they've already collected. Note that fewer than 500 of their nearly 9000 stores are company owned.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Domino's remains the dominant player in the $12 billion domestic pizza delivery category. The company generates revenue through franchise royalties, company-owned stores, and sales from its 17 dough-manufacturing and supply-chain centers. Of the 8,729 stores in 60 countries as of March 2009, 4,498 are operated by domestic franchisees, 3,742 by international franchisees, and 489 are company-owned. Domino's posted $5.5 billion in systemwide retail sales in 2008.

In 1998, after 38 years of ownership, Domino's Pizza founder Tom Monaghan announced his retirement and sold 93 percent of the company to Bain Capital, Inc. for about $1 billion and ceased being involved in day-to-day operations of the company.

You need to understand more about a business before speculating on their health.

Their current stock price is within about 10 cents of the 52 week high.

To Bain Capital, whether or not you buy a pizza is of minimal concern. If a store goes under, the franchisee takes the hit, not the company. Sure, the company loses on supply sales and franchise fees, but that's a drop in the bucket compared to the up-front fees they've already collected. Note that fewer than 500 of their nearly 9000 stores are company owned.
    Like we needed more proof that the OP was a dumbass.

You must be a retard bra.

I work at Dominos and we are making more money than ever. You do realize it costs like 1 dollar to make a pizza and most idiots order delivery and it ends up being like 30 bucks for 2 pizzas.

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Dominoes has awful pizza.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bballer
    You must be a retard bra.

I work at Dominos and we are making more money than ever. You do realize it costs like 1 dollar to make a pizza and most idiots order delivery and it ends up being like 30 bucks for 2 pizzas.

I doubt it kid. If it costs a dollar to make a pizza then they'd be giving deals for <$5 pizza's with the way the competition is.