Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Shaq criticizes LeBron for how he left Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Can mean that its a motivated discussion - not something in his heart. Shaq has been the best example in the history of the sport on how not to leave a team. He was on a show with Dennis Scott talking about he and Kobe had a good relationship and that he had to press certain buttons? He dogged his ex-coach out in a way unheard of in professional sports. Didn't get surgery once during the off season because he got hurt on company time. He often dogged his worth with weight problems. I'm sure the Magic weren't happy with his departure. He's trying to make amends and who is to say this isn't one of the "get on the popular side of things" to clean up his legacy.

This is like Shaq telling Dirk how to shoot free throws. He might have a good point but it seems incredibly odd.
    You're missing the point. Your argument does nothing to dispute Shaq's, only claims he is biased to begin with. Dispute his arguments, not his credibility.
    Circumstantial

Ad hominem circumstantial points out that someone is in circumstances such that he is disposed to take a particular position. Ad hominem circumstantial constitutes an attack on the bias of a source. This is fallacious because a disposition to make a certain argument does not make the argument false; this overlaps with the genetic fallacy (an argument that a claim is incorrect due to its source).[5]

Decent playground baller WadeBronDonJuan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    The "Decision" thing is just strange all around....2009 he preaches to everyone that he's going to change his number to #6 after the 2010 season... and his reasoning "Jordan's #23 should be retired leaguewide"....

2010 he leads the Cavs to a 63 win season and the best record in the NBA...Cav's are the favorites to win it all...after a disappointing loss to the Celtics he then decides Cleveland's front office failed to build a team around him that is "good enough to win it all"....so he leaves to Miami to join Wade and Bosh after never telling Cleveland until the the television show

Miami has a worse record then the Cavs the year before...even if he does win..so what ....he should have stayed in his hometown.

it just so happens that the #23 in Miami is "retired" by Jordan ...how [FONT="Arial Black"]"convenient" [/FONT] for Lebron....
    Oh I guess he should have called and asked you for your opinion. If so, he would have known that he is OBLIGATED to stay in his hometown. Do you people realize that he doesn't owe the city of Cleveland a da** thing?

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by WadeBronDonJuan
    Do you people realize that he doesn't owe the city of Cleveland a da** thing?
    No, but loyalty counts for something in this world. As does standing by your word. Back in the day, man stood by their word because that's all you had to opperate on. LeBron is still a child. He's lead by others. Both on the court and off the court. It's his comfort zone, because in actuality, he really isn't his own man. He isn't his own brand. He doesn't run the show. Others do it for him. He's not someone who can handle pressure particularly well. I'm sure you wouldn't know anything about that either.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Oh I guess he should have called and asked you for your opinion. If so, he would have known that he is OBLIGATED to stay in his hometown. Do you people realize that he doesn't owe the city of Cleveland a da** thing?
    1 of the dumbest replies in the thread. just shows ur iq and how old you really are.

now dont prove me correct by respond to my post in a childish way

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

Much of the "Witness" thing was about him being the city's champion.

Does he owe the city? Hell yes he does. Much of his media identity and his fortune was based upon it. He owes the city as much as it owes him. "LeBron James" would not be the figure he is without Cleveland and its history. A history he was supposedly going to overcome (and failed at doing so, that is he was NOT great enough).

Yeah that was a media narrative. Is it fair to hold him to it? Only if he willingly, enthusiastically participated in it.

Which he did.

He wasn't obligated to stay. But he definitely shat all over his most loyal fans with how he left.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    No, but loyalty counts for something in this world. As does standing by your word. Back in the day, man stood by their word because that's all you had to opperate on. LeBron is still a child. He's lead by others. Both on the court and off the court. It's his comfort zone, because in actuality, he really isn't his own man. He isn't his own brand. He doesn't run the show. Others do it for him. He's not someone who can handle pressure particularly well. I'm sure you wouldn't know anything about that either.
    thats what happens when you are raised by a single mother.

A Man teaches his Son to be a Man...Cant say the same about women who raises her kid all alone....

College superstar

Do you people realize that he doesn't owe the city of Cleveland a da** thing?
    Your right, but he did bail out and decided to seek the easy route to dynastic titlehood, so even if LeBron wins a ring, in a lot of people's minds it would be a fabricated championship and not a hard earned one.
    Last edited by Ne 1; 06-04-2011 at 03:59 AM.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by gilalizard
    Much of the "Witness" thing was about him being the city's champion.
    Yea, Nike abandoned that out of necessity ... but in reality we already did "Witness"

His name was Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by gilalizard
    Does he owe the city?
    He definetely promised championships, and "wouldn't stop till he brought them there"

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Your right, but he did bail out and decided to seek the easy route to dynastic titlehood, so even if LeBron wins a ring, in a lot of people's mind it would be a fabricated championship and not a hard earned one.
    absolutely, if he wins it in miami it should be a different ring (wooden maybe??), the larry o'brien trophy must not be tainted...

College superstar

Yea, Nike abandoned that out of necessity ... but in reality we already did "Witness"

His name was Jordan

He definetely promised championships, and "wouldn't stop till he brought them there"

"It's also important to me to make the team I'm on now the best. I don't want to go ring-chasing, I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion." - LeBron in 2006

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    the larry o'brien trophy must not be tainted...
    Via collusion, subversion, and the pussification / AAU-ification of the NBA. The "super friends" era. F U C K T H A T

[quote=Ne 1]"It's also important to me to make the team I'm on now the best. I don't want to go ring-chasing, I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion." - LeBron in 2006

Root Of All Evil

thats the chosen one....
    The chosen one?

Via collusion, subversion, and the pussification / AAU-ification of the NBA. The "super friends" era. F U C K T H A T
    the leagues "purest" fans will take a huge blow if miami builds a dynasty with this, i can fathom a huge exodus of good ol' nba fans and the infestation of a brainless horde of "heat fan since: breakfast" kids/trolls...

College superstar

absolutely, if he wins it in miami it should be a different ring (wooden maybe??), the larry o'brien trophy must not be tainted...
    Yup, that's why I'm pulling for the Mavs. If there is any player that dosen't have a ring yet that deserves one I think it's Dirk. For sure he definitely deserves one over LeBron and his title would actually be hard earned, well deserved and he can say that he won with honour. If LeBron wins though not many people will respect their title and will think of it as fabricated.
    Last edited by Ne 1; 06-04-2011 at 04:22 AM.