Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Shaq criticizes LeBron for how he left Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Remember LeBron is a one man team he won every game in Cleveland by himself, made every shot, defended every player and even served everyone drinks/towels

Oh yeaaaahhh...now I remember.......I also forgot how when the playoff's start no one play's basketball anymore.....it's a whole different game with complex formula's and special rules with hidden in and outs....that's why he needed that elusive "Playoff Performer"...because those other scrubs that dominated and won 63 games didn't know how to play this new unfamiliar game ..

I'm surprised they even knew what a Ball and Hoop was when Lebron passed to them

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ganja0710
    Really?

This Pointguard kid talking like he has points/facts that back up LeBrons departure. NOTHING, absolutely nothing can excuse him from doing what he did. He's a child, and the 'single mother raising him' point probably has something to do with that.
    Trust me on this young one. If you you have an opportunity to enjoy doing what you do in life, have fun, build a legacy off of it, be among friends, be close to your goals, and to do it on your terms - do it - Take that path. All that other nonsense like the stuff you talking... leads to a lot of second guessing, what if's, and people thinkig they can make your mind up for you.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    people thinkig they can make your mind up for you.
    People are making up LeBron's mind for him.

One of the greatest designers in the history of sneakers @ Nike had to stop working with him because of it.

Trust me on this young one. If you you have an opportunity to enjoy doing what you do in life, have fun, build a legacy off of it, be among friends, be close to your goals, and to do it on your terms - do it - Take that path. All that other nonsense like the stuff you talking... leads to a lot of second guessing, what if's, and people thinkig they can make your mind up for you.
    Yes I totally agree....most people have to "find yourself" when you are "becoming a man" I guess....the thing about the way LBJ acted was it was very selfish....

I understand the whole "do it my way"....

But maybe at somepoint you have to draw the line....bumbling through life for the sole purpose to satisfy one's self is IMO one of the biggest mistakes a "man" can make and one of the ugliest part's of society.

Sacrifice is a big part of growing up.....

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Oh yeaaaahhh...now I remember.......I also forgot how when the playoff's start no one play's basketball anymore.....it's a whole different game with complex formula's and special rules with hidden in and outs....that's why he needed that elusive "Playoff Performer"...because those other scrubs that dominated and won 63 games didn't know how to play this new unfamiliar game ..

I'm surprised they even knew what a Ball and Hoop was when Lebron passed to them
    Seriously, you think the playoff game and the regular season game are the same? Did any of the successful playoff teams go after a Cav's teammate of Lebron? Who would you recommend would help a playoff team in the first place? Use your talented vets for exchange of young talent is common practice of rebuilding teams, yet not one of those great "regular season performers" even got news of being a worthy trading piece. Instead they were producing some great loosing feat the league never seen before. Playoffs is a whole different ball game buddy.

Banned

Seriously, you think the playoff game and the regular season game are the same? Did any of the successful playoff teams go after a Cav's teammate of Lebron? Who would you recommend would help a playoff team in the first place? Use your talented vets for exchange of young talent is common practice of rebuilding teams, yet not one of those great "regular season performers" even got news of being a worthy trading piece. Instead they were producing some great loosing feat the league never seen before. Playoffs is a whole different ball game buddy.
    Celtics got Shaq

Decent playground baller

why is the decision still being talked about

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    And the thing is that the whole time he portrayed himself as the hometown hero of Cleveland and then after he leaves he makes up some lame story about when he was growing up that he and everyone from Akron were "jealous" of Cleveland.
    Exactly. Why not just say that's how you felt when you were playing for them. Lebron would not have been the first player to have dislike the team he played for. Look at Pierce he said straight up that he hated the Celtics growing up.

Banned

And thats fine if he did in fact want to do those things. BUT he should have handled the situation like a man and told the Cavs to their face that he was not interested in coming back. He shouldnt have met with teams he had no interest in joining (Clippers, Nets, Bulls) and should have handled the deal with Miami behind closed doors like men do business....

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Then you campaign with the front office. Say you want to stay, but I want to win rings, this is what we're missing, work with me on this. Say you need better pieces. Communicate with them. LeBron didn't do that ... THATS HOW BUSINESS GETS DONE. That's how both parties can come out happy.

Kobe threatened a trade after the end of the 2007 season. He let his displeasures be known, to get managment off their ass and do something.

It was bargining chip. Business men know how to do these things.
    Kobe was a very seasoned vet when he pulled that off. And it definitely could have backfired on a younger player. Lebron isn't a seasonsed businessman. He left winning up to the front office (at least there people were thought to be on the same page with him). He made a life choice based on goals, fun, livelyhood, legacy, career and friendship. His business moves were based on that. I recommend that for all people if life affords you that at 25 years of age. And people are going to hate you just because you can make this choice so do it and don't look over your shoulders.
    LeBron didn't even do this. He d1ck teased the front office. Acting as if he might stay there, while not saying ANYTHING to them concretely AT ALL. That's a total slap in the face to your organization of the past 7 years.

And then at the last minute, saying he's going to Miami.

If he really cared, he would have asked for a sign and trade. Something to where it wouldn't have come across so spineless and shady.
    It never dawned on you that once Lebron said he was going to have a show that it wasn't going to be Clevend? What good would the show be if he was staying? What, Plan B operations don't realize they are play B operations anymore?

That's a total slap in the face to your organization of the past 7 years.
    Players get traded all the time. The contract makes a total joke of your point. The player is for hire, trade or sale. Loyalty is a business illusion. Lebron made so much money for the organization that it would have been crazy for him to get traded.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Celtics got Shaq
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEknPZb2uZU

ok if you call that a player.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by LBJWADE
    And thats fine if he did in fact want to do those things. BUT he should have handled the situation like a man and told the Cavs to their face that he was not interested in coming back. He shouldnt have met with teams he had no interest in joining (Clippers, Nets, Bulls) and should have handled the deal with Miami behind closed doors like men do business....
    LOL

Lebron isn't a good business man, he did the whole thing kind of boneheaded. He lacks in that regard. Yall are right about that. But at least he sticks to his priorities tho.

OH...you using basketball math?...ok.....

Zydrunas Ilgauskas 4 years prior to LBJ averaged nearly 17PPG and 8Reb in the "playoff's"...surely LBJ could make a 17 and 8 Big man in the playoff's a "Playoff performer"

Larry Hughes averaged 20PPG 7REB and 4 AST in the "Playoff's"..is he a "playoff performer?"..

Ben Wallace averaged nearly a Double Double his whole "playoff performing" career and was the Leader of the 04 Pistons....until he went to Cleveland just a few years later..surely LBJ would make life easier for him right?....

Antwan Jamison averaged 17PPG and 12 REB in the "playoff's" in 08'...surely LBJ would make a him a "playoff performer"...

2010 Cavs top 3 "playoff perfomers" after LBJ

Antwan Jamison - 15PPG 7.4 REB
    Mo Williams - 14PPG 3REB 5AST
    Shaq - 12PPG 6REB

2009 Lakers top 3 "playoff performers" after Kobe

Gasol - 18PPG 11REB
    Lamar - 12PPG 9REB
    Ariza - 11PPG 4REB

2006 Heat top 3 "playoff performers" after Wade

Shaq - 18PPG 10 REB
    Antione- 13PPG 6REB
    J Dub - 9PPG 4AST

2003 Spurs top 3 "playoff performers" outside of Duncan

Parker - 15PPG 4AST
    Capt.Jack - 13PPG 4REB 3AST
    Manu - 9PPG 4REB

this imaginary "Playoff performer" that has been so elusive is Marginal at best....Pro players are great....what seperates winners and Losers is marginal

yes the Playoff's are Different.....bieng it's more MENTAL aspect over pure Talent....Lebron has played on plenty of Great teams with Great Players capable of winning it all....

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    OH...you using basketball math?...ok.....

Zydrunas Ilgauskas 4 years prior to LBJ averaged nearly 17PPG and 8Reb in the "playoff's"...surely LBJ could make a 17 and 8 Big man in the playoff's a "Playoff performer"

Larry Hughes averaged 20PPG 7REB and 4 AST in the "Playoff's"..is he a "playoff performer?"..

Ben Wallace averaged nearly a Double Double his whole "playoff performing" career and was the Leader of the 04 Pistons....until he went to Cleveland just a few years later..surely LBJ would make life easier for him right?....

Antwan Jamison averaged 17PPG and 12 REB in the "playoff's" in 08'...surely LBJ would make a him a "playoff performer"...
    I am shocked that you bothered to post that. Post their stats the year before they got to Clevelend. And then horrify yourself with them the year after Lebron. Larry Hughes simply could never play on structured teams. And who on that list and who on that list is going to win a game for you.
    2010 Cavs top 3 "playoff perfomers" after LBJ

Antwan Jamison - 15PPG 7.4 REB
    Mo Williams - 14PPG 3REB 5AST
    Shaq - 12PPG 6REB

2009 Lakers top 3 "playoff performers" after Kobe

Gasol - 18PPG 11REB
    Lamar - 12PPG 9REB
    Ariza - 11PPG 4REB
    If you posted their 4th quarter performances it wouldn't be close. Pressure weeds out the guys that are border line. What playoff teams wants those guys? Be honest. Lamar and Ariza won playoff games in the finals. Biiiig difference. Keep in mind this is seven years into the buiding process and the best they could do is two retiring players and Mo. Who would bank their future on that. In fact you prove my point.

2003 Spurs top 3 "playoff performers" outside of Duncan

Parker - 15PPG 4AST
    Capt.Jack - 13PPG 4REB 3AST
    Manu - 9PPG 4REB

this imaginary "Playoff performer" that has been so elusive is Marginal at best....Pro players are great....what seperates winners and Losers is marginal

yes the Playoff's are Different.....bieng it's more MENTAL aspect over pure Talent....Lebron has played on plenty of Great teams with Great Players capable of winning it all....
    You are comparing two Shaq who is a bit of a liability at the end of games for several reasons at this stage. Jamison who hated to dribble for 12 years and isn't the same player he once was and Mo (not ready for the big show) Willliams to three guys that made a career of big time shots. One of which won finals MVP and the other who definitely could have won one also. The other, Capt. Jack, who carried teams and won playoff games himself. All of which showed early signs of this in '03.

Pointguard]I am shocked that you bothered to post that. Post their stats the year before they got to Clevelend. And then horrify yourself with them the year after Lebron. Larry Hughes simply could never play on structured teams. And who on that list and who on that list is going to win a game for you.
    You based your whole arguement on the "playoff's" bieng so much different then the regular season that Lebron needed someone who knew how to play in the vastly different setting of the "playoff's"...But when I showed you he did have teamates capable of playing in the vastly different strange setting...now you need to know who can "win a game for you?"...

ok....Ben Wallace can win a game "for you"....Shaq can win a game "for you"...Mo Williams can win a game "for you"...Big Z can "win a game for you"

I really don't understand what you trying to say???.....

If you posted their 4th quarter performances it wouldn't be close. Pressure weeds out the guys that are border line. What playoff teams wants those guys? Be honest. Lamar and Ariza won playoff games in the finals. Biiiig difference. Keep in mind this is seven years into the buiding process and the best they could do is two retiring players and Mo. Who would bank their future on that. In fact you prove my point.
    Lamar Odom is great under pressure??.....I disagree.....Ariza is a solid player in crunchtime but your reaching if you think a career journeyman is "so much better Playoff Performer" then other teamates Lebron had....

You are comparing two Shaq who is a bit of a liability at the end of games for several reasons at this stage. Jamison who hated to dribble for 12 years and isn't the same player he once was and Mo (not ready for the big show) Willliams to three guys that made a career of big time shots. One of which won finals MVP and the other who definitely could have won one also. The other, Capt. Jack, who carried teams and won playoff games himself. All of which showed early signs of this in '03.
    Shaq has always been a liability in crunchtime.......Jamison was a 20PPG 7REB player and a proven "playoff performer"....Mo Williams was an allstar in 2010 and IMO was ready and played great all year....

Stephen Jackson is not a player who can carry a team..he is also a career Journeyman who never won anything by "himself"....no one has.

TP is a great PG that did win Finals MVP....If only Lebron had a PG who averaged 15PPG and 5 - 6AST .....oh wait.

I think what you really mean is......Lebron James 2X MVP coming off Back to Back 60 win seasons as favorites to win it all....needs to LEAVE to go play with 2 top 10 Players and a Top 3 SG with one of the greatest "Playoff performances" of all time in order to win......

I think your right......it's silly/sad/cowardly.....but as long as the Heat win..it's easy.

But if they lose.....then what?