Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wade said:

Default Re: Wade said:

OP is a *******

The argument about who is the leader and who is the follower is so stupid and laughable, it's unbelievable.

Both guys are leaders. Often whoever leads the team on a given night is leading because either the match ups are allowing it, or they just recognise that that guy is feeling it. Wade has been feeling it the last few games. Wasn't it just a few games ago where he was struggling, and LeBron was the one who took it upon himself to lead for a few games? It's a similar tale to what we saw in the regular season.

I say props to both players for not trying to compete for number 1 status, and having the smarts to be able to recognise when to be aggressive and when not to be, and when to defer to the other guy. Both players have the ability to be playmakers rather than scorers, and they utilise that well. Hell, when Chris Bosh is feeling it, both Wade and LeBron happily step down a notch or two and let Bosh do his thing.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    The argument about who is the leader and who is the follower is so stupid and laughable, it's unbelievable.

Both guys are leaders. Often whoever leads the team on a given night is leading because either the match ups are allowing it, or they just recognise that that guy is feeling it. Wade has been feeling it the last few games. Wasn't it just a few games ago where he was struggling, and LeBron was the one who took it upon himself to lead for a few games? It's a similar tale to what we saw in the regular season.

I say props to both players for not trying to compete for number 1 status, and having the smarts to be able to recognise when to be aggressive and when not to be, and when to defer to the other guy. Both players have the ability to be playmakers rather than scorers, and they utilise that well. Hell, when Chris Bosh is feeling it, both Wade and LeBron happily step down a notch or two and let Bosh do his thing.
    cookie cutter response for a Lebron James fan.

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall88
    cookie cutter response for a Lebron James fan.

Sure. Way to read my post. Didn't even bash Wade. I said they were both leaders. Anyone with half a brain is more than aware of this, regardless of the fact whether they have an agenda against LeBron, or Wade, or whoever.

Right now, at this fairly early stage of the series, my Finals MVP is Dwyane Wade. Does this all of a sudden mean it's purely 'his' team and only his? Lets not be ridiculous. I guess following this argument, when the Spurs last won and Tony Parker won Finals MVP, it was 'his' team, and Tim Duncan was just a follower? When Billups won Finals MVP, did that make Sheed, Big Ben and Rip just followers too?

Why do people have this narrow minded view that a team HAS to have one, almighty leader? Notice that a lot of people with this opinion are MJ fans. That's cool, MJ is MJ, the Bulls of that era had an almighty leader, and what a damn good leader he was. Does this mean other teams MUST follow this rule of thumb? No.

Next time read a post properly to not make yourself look like such a damn fool.

Learning to shoot layups

Heat fans already know that Wade is the real leader.

Learning to shoot layups dsrdsr's Avatar

Who cares? Its all about winning.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dsrdsr
    Who cares? Its all about winning.
    tell that to Bronze fans. they upset that their boy is just that.. a boy and Wade is the man of the team.

when they go to clubs, u kno that Wade gets first dibs

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Wade, been there and done that. Nothing wrong with following Wade. I just love how Wade and James can take turns dominating each series.

Learning to shoot layups

I'm not sure why people haven't noticed that Wade only plays well when LeBron is playing like he has been the past couple games. When LBJ plays really great(scoring-wise) and dominates the ball, Wade sucks giant ass. LBJ however, can still put up 20/7/7 even when he lets Wade dominate the ball and get his 30 points.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

OP is a certified *******

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    Wade is the leader of this team

Wade never was a bytch a$$ & joined another team

Lequeen did...

This is wade's team and ways will be... No matter how much HARd ESPN tries to take it from him
    wade didn't join another team .. he just recruited the best all around player in the league to come play with him .. same thing .. BUT .. nothing wrong with that .. you need players to win .. as a result the Miami Heat will be World Champs ..

this is the only ammunition the jealous folks have now .. arguing over which Heat Superstar is better .. nice

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Says a mother Fcuka

I usually hit open layups G.O.A.T.'s Avatar

From Coach Phil Jackson's book on how ridiculously immature Kobe was when he coached him, and how he was FAR from being a leader to lead a team. book released after 2004

Coach Phil Jackson:

“We were playing solid team ball, a rarity this season, although, as usual, Kobe seemed intent on taking over. “Get me the f***ing ball,” he said on his way to the bench, a demand Kobe had never verbalized. I smiled, didn’t say a word, and went to chart a play on the clipboard. I sometimes think Kobe is so addicted to being in control that he would rather shoot the ball when guarded, or even double-teamed, than dish it to an open teammate.

“They’re making you get in your attack mode,” I told him when he came off the floor during a timeout late in the game. “You’re going to have to pass the ball. They’re not calling the fouls for you.” He was in no mood to back down. “I’m going to f***ing crush them,” he said. “I just haven’t found my shooting yet.”

“I was at a motel in Williston, North Dakota, when the call came from Mitch. “You’re not going to believe this,” he said, telling me about Kobe and the rape allegations in Colorado. Was I surprised? Yes, but not entirely. Kobe can be consumed with surprising anger, which he’s displayed toward me and toward his teammates.”

“Why don’t the two get along? I have my theories, one of which is that Shaquille is making the type of money, about $25 million a year, that Kobe will never earn due to the changes in the league’s collective bargaining agreement. No matter how many MVP trophies Kobe might collect in the decade ahead, there is nothing he can do about this discrepancy. In fact, the word I got was that Kobe was the only player in the entire league who voted against the agreement because of the cap it put on salaries.”

“This was another example of the basic difference between him and Kobe. Ask Shaq to do something and he’ll say: “No, I don’t want to do that.” But after a little pouting, he will do it. Ask Kobe, and he’ll say “okay,” and then he will do whatever he wants.”

“Kobe’s defense, to be accurate, has faltered in recent years, despite his presence on the league’s all-defensive team. The voters have been seduced by his remarkable athleticism and spectacular steals, but he hasn’t played sound, fundamental defense. Mesmerized by the ball, he’s gambled too frequently, putting us out of position, forcing rotations that leave a man wide open, and doesn’t keep his feet on the ground.”

I had been told that in high school Kobe “sabotaged” games to keep them close enough for him to dominate at the end.

Shaq, clearly affected, began to respond when Kobe cut him off. “Quit your crying,” Kobe said. I then jumped in. “Kobe, you’re as much to blame as Shaq is, if not more.” “You’re the one who should f***ing talk,” he said. “You said I sabotaged games.”

“From what I understand, the defining characteristic of Kobe’s childhood was his anger.

“I’m not going to take any shit from Shaq this year,” Kobe blurted out. “If he starts saying things in the press, I’ll fire back. I’m not afraid to go up against him. I’ve had it.”

Kobe to the press: “I definitely don’t need advice on how to play my game,” he said “I know how to play my guard spot. He can worry about the low post” “When I asked Kobe to stop his habit of screaming at his teammates on the court because it creates insecurity, he came right back at me. “That’s bullshit,” he said. “You’re the one that’s causing them to be anxious. They’re afraid to make a mistake.”

“Earlier this week at El Segundo there was an incident at practice. On the way to the court, I asked Kobe, still nursing a sore shoulder, if he was up to doing a little running. Sure, he responded, as soon as he finished his treatment. Almost an hour went by, and there was no Kobe sighting. Finally, with an ice pack on his shoulder, he took a seat on the sideline. It began to dawn on me that contrary to what he had told me, Kobe had no intention of running. After practice I followed Kobe to the training room, asking him why he lied to me. He was being sarcastic, he said. Wrong answer. I told him that he needed to treat me with respect, not sarcasm. I turned and walked away, heading to the coaches’ locker room. A minute later I heard him cursing in the training room in front of the players, though I couldn’t make out the exact words….Now I was the one who was angry.
    I went upstairs to see Mitch in his office.

Wasting no time, I went off on a tirade about the need to deal Kobe before the trading deadline in mid-February. “I won’t coach this team next year if he is still here,” I said emphatically. “He won’t listen to anyone. I’ve had it with this kid.” My monologue-Mitch barely said a word at first-reminded me of similar eruption in the middle of my first year when I presented what I thought was a very logical argument for trading Kobe at that time. “Everyone says what a mature person this kid is,” I said. “He’s not mature at all.” The deal I had in mind was Kobe to Phoenix for Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion.”

“Are you feeling like you’re going to come back next year?” Jeanie asked me. “Well, not if Kobe Bryant is on this team next year,” I told her. “He’s too complex a person. I don’t need this.”

http://www.bareknucks.com/bashing-ko...y-phil-jackson

So that was Phil Jackson his coach.. And how about Phil Jackson's comment on kobe's rape accusation?? Is there anything more damaging to say about a person's character when you say that you weren't that surprised that Kobe was being accused of rape? - THAT'S FROM HIS HEAD COACH!!! The truth is Kobe is a total punk. A shot jacker who has shot more attempts than anyone this season despite less minutes than normal. A stat piler. This guy is the most overrated player in NBA history.

He's quite simply one of the most selfish players ever. Guys like Jordan and Wade WIN games when they shoot a good number of attempts, and play within the team concept while doing it. But Kobe ??

Record in games with 30+ shot attempts
    Kobe Bean Bryant: 46-61 (.368)

The guy hurts his team more than any hyped star i have ever seen. And has been bailed out by superior teammates that other teams don't have. The truth is this guy has had championship caliber teammates for 85% of his career. Prime Shaq for 8 years, and now (and recently) he has a front court that have 3 players with a 20+ PER... Name me the last time a team had THREE front court players all with 20+ PER??!!!

LOOK.....

Kobe is a very good player. But he has flaws to his game that a lot of people are unwilling to accept which is shot selection and single mindedness, sometimes to the detriment of the team concept.. Guys like Jordan and Wade can adjust, kobe cannot and this is partly why he is such a poor Finals performer at just 40%.. which is HORRIBLE !! He's disappointed far too often on basketball's biggest stage, the Finals. His memorable moments in the Finals are way too far and too few in between. Wade in one Finals has as many memorable moments as kobe's finals combined. Jordan had a massive slew of memorable finals moments. But Kobe??

He's been lucky enough to be on teams that provide enough of a cushion to where he can play like that and still have success, being that he IS a talented player. However he's not the type of player that is going to get solid to good teams over the hump or overachieve with them. He is a prolific scorer - that if he gets on a hot streak, a team he's on is going to have a chance to win but he needs a very specific situation for that to work long term which he's been fortunate enough to have. His inefficiency at times, and stubbornness mean that he needs a team that's solid on the boards and in d to make up for all the times he's going to shoot poorly.

This is why Wade has outperformed Kobe every single time they've had similar supporting casts..THREE TIMES... and why Wade destroyed him in the Olympics (if you want to add a 4th)... and outperformed him with similar casts against the same competition... and head to head for that matter.

The current Lakers have the perfect scenario for how Kobe plays his selfish brand of basketball (hence trying to be the hero in game 7 in the finals shooting 6/24, and his teammates winning the game for him). They don't win because of Kobe. He is obviously a factor in their success but they win primarily because they have 7 footers that no one can deal with on a regular basis. These 7 footers provide interior intimidation on defense, get a ridiculous amt of offensive boards which are KILLERS to teams and are all incredibly mobile and versatile. That is a lot to overcome regardless of who your starting SG is. In addition, along with all of that they have a player in Artest who may be challenged offensively but is going to take on the defensive load which helps Kobe conserve energy tremendously. The game has traditionally been about interior play and the Lakers have an overload of it.

The Lakers have 3 front court players that each have a 20+ PER.. Tell me another team in NBA history that had that on one team? Teams in the west don't fear Kobe Bryant, they fear that front court -- why OKC and Dallas loaded up on frontcourt players this year.

So Kobe's had the perfect mixture of talent on his team and luck. These two things plus playing style lead to him being as overrated as he is. Great player, but not close to what the hype suggests. I can show a lot more to discredit Kobe's rank but I'll stop for now.

But I just have to laugh at the hate people here show for the Heat and their players. when Kobe has been FAR more immature and selfish than any of the 3 in Miami have ever shown. Not to mention Kobe asked to be traded from LA after Shaq left when he couldnt win, to do guess what, to go on another team to play with some stars.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Solid Snake..... nice
    used to be my favorite game on the PS.

funny that kobe fans dont understand the term TEAM.

they laugh at Lebron playing team ball, distributing, rebounding playing great defense and getting the ball to Wade because he had the hot hand..

kobe fans

they dont even understand the game! its a shame.

Listen up! passing the ball and deferring to the hot player when it isnt you does not make you weak. It makes your team win and builds trust in your teammates..

Lakers looked a mess when they got swept by this same Dallas team...

SWEPT

maybe there is a reason for that....