Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 71

Thread: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

  1. #16
    NBA Superstar 97 bulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    14,243

    Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    Wade just completed his 3rd consecutive season of averaging over a block per game.

    It's the first time a guard has accomplished that in almost 40 years.

    so obviously that's something jordan was never able to accomplish.
    See, this again is a classic example of only looking at stats. But not taking the respective eras into account. Wade doesn't have to worry about illegal defense. So he can roam alot more than back in jordans day. Its a concept that im sure pro wade fans will refuse to acknowledge cuz the truth isn't really important. Just agendas

  2. #17
    i be killah swag Ikill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,442

    Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

    Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    See, this again is a classic example of only looking at stats. But not taking the respective eras into account. Wade doesn't have to worry about illegal defense. So he can roam alot more than back in jordans day. Its a concept that im sure pro wade fans will refuse to acknowledge cuz the truth isn't really important. Just agendas
    be serious your a Wade hater

  3. #18
    Heatles = Dynasty Hank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Listening to the Heatles
    Posts
    1,524

    Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

    Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    See, this again is a classic example of only looking at stats. But not taking the respective eras into account. Wade doesn't have to worry about illegal defense. So he can roam alot more than back in jordans day. Its a concept that im sure pro wade fans will refuse to acknowledge cuz the truth isn't really important. Just agendas
    And you're a classic example of someone who doesn't look objectively at everything involving different eras.

    in the same NBA.com story I read on Wade leveraging his 3rd consecutive season of having that blk average, they showed why guards used to harness a lot more blocks back in Jordan's era compared to today.

    What Wade is doing is even more impressive considering all of that. Because it's less the norm now compared to back in those other eras.. for a variety of reasons they mentioned.

  4. #19
    NBA Superstar 97 bulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    14,243

    Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    And you're a classic example of someone who doesn't look objectively at everything involving different eras.

    in the same NBA.com story I read on Wade leveraging his 3rd consecutive season of having that blk average, they showed why guards used to harness a lot more blocks back in Jordan's era compared to today.

    What Wade is doing is even more impressive considering all of that. Because it's less the norm now compared to back in those other eras.. for a variety of reasons they mentioned.
    Really? Name some of the reasons they gave.

  5. #20
    NBA Superstar 97 bulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    14,243

    Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    be serious your a Wade hater
    Lol why are you accusing me of being a wade hater? Cuz I try to be subjective. And look at situations as opposed to just stats?

    What im doing is no different than in any other situation in life. For instance. A $1000 isn't worth nearly as much now as it was back in the 80s. So if a guy says he made a$ 1000 dollars back then, that's like the equivalent to 1500 to 2000 today. its all relative to the terms and conditions.

    Im sure you don't believe that wilt chamberlain would be able to avg 50 ppg in this era right?

  6. #21
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    19,115

    Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

    Wade is my fav player and he's great at blocking shots, but MJ was simply better. Not a whole lot better, just better.

    Aside from the physical attributes, MJ was able to know how and when to block and jump. He'd block shots while contorting his body to avoid a foul, jump up to block a shot with one hand and then while in mid air change his body angle and block with the other. His timing was so impeccable that he'd jump before the offensive player even set up for a shot (re-read), hang in the air and block it cleanly.

  7. #22
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,752

    Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    Doctor Rivers,
    Is Dwyane Wade the greatest human being of all time?
    also, do you expect him to cure cancer this summer?
    LMAOOOOOO.... greatest post i have seen today

  8. #23
    ISH's Negro Historian L.Kizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX -
    Posts
    38,984

    Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

    Guess no one has heard of George Gervin?

    He avg 1.6, twice, 1.5. Over 1 block for 7 seasons, and 1 season at .9 blocks.

  9. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lebron's Hairline.
    Posts
    813

    Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    Doctor Rivers,
    Is Dwyane Wade the greatest human being of all time?
    also, do you expect him to cure cancer this summer?

    Doctor Rivers = On wade's dick.

  10. #25
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,752

    Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

    Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Guess no one has heard of George Gervin?

    He avg 1.6, twice, 1.5. Over 1 block for 7 seasons, and 1 season at .9 blocks.
    some well deserved love for the iceman

  11. #26
    .
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,579

    Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

    At his size probably, much of that has to do with his ridicilous wingspan, he is 6'4" and has just about almost the same wingspan as most 6'9"-6'11" forwards/centers, 1 inch or a half shorter than Lebron's wingspan for example.

    But then you have to also remember that blocks & steals were not recorded back in the days. I'm sure the likes of Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor (6'4-6'5) or even some smaller guys would had many more blocks than Wade.

    But as a guard, you could say its George Gervin and after him Michael Jordan, Dwyane Wade.
    Last edited by sh0wtime; 06-07-2011 at 08:25 PM.

  12. #27
    College star
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,046

    Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    Doctor Rivers,
    Is Dwyane Wade the greatest human being of all time?
    also, do you expect him to cure cancer this summer?
    Relax he is good but only Jordan could cure cancer.

  13. #28
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,758

    Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

    This is hard....MJ was the master of the Block steal. dude would block a guys shot and palm the ball in his hand for the steal.

    Kept theball in play 80 percent of the time.

  14. #29
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,145

    Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

    He's behind at least MJ imo. Zone helps his numbers because he gets to hang around plays (especially in and near the lane) a lot more than Jordan was ever able to under man-to-man rules. Wade doesn't have to stick to his man closely and can track plays and hang around plays longer due to zone rules, leading to more blocks and more block opportunities. Wade under man to man rules would average .8-1.0 bpg annually with high seasons of 1.2-1.3 bpg. Jordan under zone rules would be at 1.2-1.4 bpg annually, with high seasons of 1.6-1.8 bpg.

    He's a fantastic shotblocker, though.

  15. #30
    Dunking on everybody in the park
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    696

    Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    He's behind at least MJ imo. Zone helps his numbers because he gets to hang around plays (especially in and near the lane) a lot more than Jordan was ever able to under man-to-man rules. Wade doesn't have to stick to his man closely and can track plays and hang around plays longer due to zone rules, leading to more blocks and more block opportunities. Wade under man to man rules would average .8-1.0 bpg annually with high seasons of 1.2-1.3 bpg. Jordan under zone rules would be at 1.2-1.4 bpg annually, with high seasons of 1.6-1.8 bpg.

    He's a fantastic shotblocker, though.
    You knoe bout 40% of Wades blocks comes off his man, matter of fact, you could say that Wade is the most versitile shotblocker to ever play the game, and im talkin all positions. How you ask, cause Wade gets his blocks evey way possible, over the last 8 years he leads all players and positions in blocked jumpshots, bigs dont block many jumpers. Im willing to bet he is top 10 in man to man blocks for all positions considering most bigs get theirs off help, and im willing to bet that he leads all players in fastbreak blocks, dude is pound for pound the best shotblocker to ever play the game really, theres not much disputing it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •