Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast

Default Re: LeBron shot just 3-of-11 for 8 points in 2011 NBA Finals Game 4 loss. Looked passive

Quote Originally Posted by jimalojj
    Yes lets ignore the Celtics and Bulls series completely If he plays the way they did in the 1st game or better yet the way he did against the Bulls everyone will forget about these past two games. He's got no choice but to bring it in Game 5.
    I didn't say he always disappears in pivotal games, but it happens way more often than expectable from a player his level. HIs legacy will include this aspect.

Good High School Starter

Default Re: So so disappointed with Lebron - from a big Heat fan

Why are you disappointed? You should be thanking him for sacrificing his stats to give Wade his shine you bandwagoner. The world knows his presence on the floor opens up Dwade to do his thing.

I conclude the OP is an ignorant *******. Anyone want to co-sign?

Default Re: LeBron shot just 3-of-11 for 8 points in 2011 NBA Finals Game 4 loss. Looked passive

Only a blind homer can say that this wont be mentioned a shitload in the future. Win or lose this series Lebron has basically just embarassed himself in the finals again.

In a pivotal game he did not show up. He is the one crapping on about wanting a ring so bad, and this is how he shows it???

Enough of this facilitator BS, anyone that watched the game will tell you he was a NON FACTOR.. He better come out ready for game 5 otherwise he will be copping the biggest media raping for a player ever...

Im actually a fan of Lebron, but there is no way that performance can be excused as an off game. That was pathetic. At his size, with his skills ( which are looking quite overrated right now ) he should be able to blow by Jason Kidd without a problem. Shit effort.

This is one of those games where you have to wonder: Is Lebron a great all-around basketball player or just knows how to register the right stats? My guess is a little bit of both or maybe more one than the other sometimes but I'm guessing he knows how to do more of the registering than the being a great basketball player.

Great basketball players would have stepped in big games like that, and it's not like this is the only sample we have, he played extremely poorly in 07 against SA as well, playing against an aging Bowen that was 1 year away from retirement. The same Bowen that, and excuse for bringing this up in a Lebron thread, but Kobe light up as a youngster, in Bowen's prime in the WFC against SA.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    Is Lebron a great all-around basketball player or just knows how to register the right stats?
    I always said throughout the last 3 years during Lebrons playoff runs, good game or bad game, he knows how to make himself look good on paper.

Wasn't the same thing said from leparrot fans after game 3 saying that he's sacrificing his own stats and became a facilitator because he knows wade is hot?

Yeah... Right

Mavs deserve credit. they stepped up and helped out Dirk when he needed it.. Crucial win for the Mavs.

Lebron deserves the criticism he gets after this past game... Wade was trying to take over again, but there were long spans where the Heat couldnt score and Lebron played like a role player

he needs fill those gaps if he is gonna defer to Wade when Wade is hot...

kkling
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

This series the Heat have gone away from what they've done to win. Lebron gets most of his in the first half and Wade in the second, this series Wade has been trying to do it all through the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    This is one of those games where you have to wonder: Is Lebron a great all-around basketball player or just knows how to register the right stats? My guess is a little bit of both or maybe more one than the other sometimes but I'm guessing he knows how to do more of the registering than the being a great basketball player.

Great basketball players would have stepped in big games like that, and it's not like this is the only sample we have, he played extremely poorly in 07 against SA as well, playing against an aging Bowen that was 1 year away from retirement. The same Bowen that, and excuse for bringing this up in a Lebron thread, but Kobe light up as a youngster, in Bowen's prime in the WFC against SA.
    Someone said Bron is a classic frontrunner and I agree. He is a GREAT player but doesn't respond well to adversity right now.

Also, I have to say, he is getting ZERO calls this series. I can't remember seeing so many travels and charges called on him in before. Also, refs are allowing the Mavs to be pretty physical with him

I usually hit open layups

Lebron scored 8 points. Dwayne and Chris Bosh are carrying the Heat right now. That's the sole purpose of having 3 superstars. For support if one is having a hard time.

For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken."

National High School Star

he had more flops than points

He deferred to Wade too much, probably thinking of riding the hot hand but it backfired

College star

I just don't know wtf goes through this guys head, he was on a roll about to redeem himself and he throws it all out the window.

The real question is....should the Knicks go after Lebron?

Clearly, the Heat will be trying to trade James and his ridiculously bloated contract for an expirer. My question is....do the Knicks use Billups expirer on him? I mean, we already have Melo at the 3 spot.....I mean, Lebron could play the point, I GUESS.....

I don't know....you know the Heat are going to ask for Fields in that deal, and I'm really not sure about it. Plus we lose our financial flexibility if we take Lebron on.

I'm torn.

Learning to shoot layups

I still think the Heat take this series and Lebron gets his ring but this series is a perfect example of what Lebron's legacy will likely be. As great a player as he is, I think he's the best player there's been since Jordan, but he never won one without the superteam. Unless he absolutely goes ballistic and Wade disappears... Wade is the finals MVP by far if Miami wins. Bosh has been playing great in the conference finals and parts of the finals. Unless Wade retires early or leaves Miami within the next few years and Bron wins one with the same type of cast minus Wade, this will be his legacy.

Wade has been THE man this series, still amazed at his block on Chandler and followed up with a layup at the other end.... turned what would've been a 1 point game to 5 point lead, that sequence should have turned this game in MIA's favor for good. But he had no help.