Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Lebron James & Ben Wallace Vs 1 Silverback Gorilla

The strength of a silverback gorilla has never been measured, but it should be sufficient to say that anecdotal evidence of animals observed almost casually bending and snapping objects such as tempered steel bars (2 inches thick) and giant bamboo stalks, suggest that the gorilla has the muscle power of between 8-15 men and possibly more. Jersey Zoos Jambo was observed to hang from one arm (he was over 400 lbs) while methodically ripping over 200 ft of inner ceiling planks from the roof of the new gorilla house with his other arm (the planks were securely screwed and nailed), simply because he didn't like them. No other animal outside of the great apes has such a combination of strength and dexterity. The fact that gorillas don't use their strength to attack other animals in the manner of chimpanzees or baboons means very little as they are by their very nature, peaceful animals. Gorillas also have one of the most powerful jaws of any animal, which they use to get to the piths of various trees and plants. They can also use them in defense, and can inflict serious wounds with their bites if they so wish. Stories of their ferocity are largely unfounded, and when left alone, gorillas will never attack humans.
    Have fun BarberSchool in getting your arms snatched like twigs

Not airballing my layups anymore

This thread was hilarious morning reading. "Gorilla can't take me down I can sprawl really fast!"

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Usain Bolt's sprint was only ~23 mph. A silverback can reach 25 mph. You won't be running away from that thing, espicially in rugged terrain. Its muscular, skeletal systems are greatly reinforced. A silverbback can flip over a family minivan with ease.

This is what will happen to Barberschool.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP-6wG_wZ8A#t=242s
    i just don't believe it...maybe one was clocked doing 25mph when he was running and powerfully lept off the ground, for a spllit second he may have reached that velocity but i just cannot see how a gorilla can outrun a human being on a flat surface,

A full grown gorilla can straight up rip small trees from the ground. Any of you idiots that think you could take one wouldn't even last 20 seconds. They'll grab you and start eating your face.

Not to mention a full grown one could probably take a few gunshot without going down, never mind a spear.
    Last edited by code green; 06-11-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    i just don't believe it...maybe one was clocked doing 25mph when he was running and powerfully lept off the ground, for a spllit second he may have reached that velocity but i just cannot see how a gorilla can outrun a human being on a flat surface,
    You do realize that our 2 leg way of moving has certain advantages but also certain disadvantages right? Running fast is certainly a disadvantage of the way we are built and most mammals can outrun us (top speed, not endurance).

Scientific Name:
    Comprised of the genus followed by the species... Gorilla Berengei Berengei
    Type:
    The animal group that the species belongs to... Mammal
    Diet:
    What kind of foods the animal eats... Omnivore
    Size:
    How long (L) or tall (H) the animal is... 1.5-1.8m (5-6ft)
    Weight:
    The measurement of how heavy the animal is... 204-227kg (450-500lbs)
    Top Speed:
    The fastest recorded speed of the animal... 40km/h (25mph)
    Life Span:
    How long the animal lives for... 35-50 years
    Lifestyle:
    Whether the animal is solitary or sociable... Social
    Conservation Status:
    The likelihood of the animal becoming extinct... Endangered
    http://a-z-animals.com/animals/mountain-gorilla/

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    Haha. Look man just go to the zoo and get the attention of the biggest one, and watch him up close. Even the biggest strongest ones aren't scary if you watch how it moves...how it charges, jumps, and throws two half-@ssed "slaps" with two bottom-of-the-foot "kicks", then as soon as it misses those, it wants to run away to a safe distance. These things are not bigger, they're smaller than us, they cant reach your face with a strike if you have any lateral movement or reaction time.
    They're only heavier and stronger, but they don't really do anything to use that strength besides grab and grip.

I'm checking out, but I'll be back in here tommorrow to help y'all overcome your fear of gorillas
    U must be outta your mind.
    If you'd face a (mad) gorilla in a cage/ring you'd die in less than a minute. I do mma as well and I'm pretty sure that everyone at my gym (and yours too) would laugh at your ridiculous statements... Putting a gorilla in an armbar?

n*gga: THIS is a gorilla:

What kinda armbar are you putting him in? His arm is like twice as big as yours. Also I seriously doubt that you can put enough force in your armbar to do damage to the gorilla. Their arms are strong as hell.
    Also how are you gonna keep him in any type of lock? his chest is big as sh*t and also, if you come near his mouth he's gonna bite you.. Have you seen Gorilla teeth?

Submissions aint neverrrr gonna work, because these things bite!! If you shoot, or grab it, it's gonna pull you in and bite you. Imagine if biting was allowed in MMA Imagine having a Gorilla in your guard. No way you're gonna keep this thing from standing up and slamming you

You're gonna punch/kick him KO? that would be your best shot I think... and even that would neverrrr happen. LOL
    Trust me, that thing would just grab an arm (no way you're getting out of that), pull you near and bite your face off. Forget about it..
    An average male Silverback has a height between 5'5 - 5'9 and weighs between 310

Cuba

The only great ape a man has a chance of defeating in hand to hand combat is the Orangutan, simply because the males are solitary animals. A dominant male Chimp or Gorilla has grown up in a group structure where it had to fight other males to get there. Forget about a Gorilla, a 120lbs male chimp would annihilate most men, unlike Gorillas they can be very aggressive and vicious. They usually go for genitals first, so good luck sprawling when Bubbles wants to chew or rip your balls off, they also have a 1 arm pull force in the 800lbs range, the average large man registers around 200lbs of pull force. "But I'll jab them!" good luck with that their skulls are thicker than ours, and have been seen surviving and shaking off falls from 100 feet in the jungle.

"The big male took off to my husband's face, his head area, while he's on the ground. And the smaller one & went to his foot area," she told ABC News. They were "tearing away at him. And I'm begging somebody to do something here."
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...cal&id=3620047

All that technique goes out the window when a wild animals gameplan is to rip off your face and chew off your balls literally.

Also, one factor not even mentioned so far is that even assuming a gorilla is of the same strength as a man

(of course in reality it is several times stronger)

and assuming that they are of same weight

(of course a silverback gorilla is 200 kg of muscle whereas even heavyweight fighters if they are lucky reach 130kg of mostly muscle tops..not to mention the different type of muscles)

and even assuming that the mouth of a gorilla is equally "harmless" like the one of a human

(of course it is an extra deadly weapon with not only massive teeth but also massive jaw muscles on top of his skull - just look at a gorilla skull and you see the bone rift ankering points where the jaw muscle sit)

even then fact of the matter is that a gorilla virtually has 4 arms and hands - his feet are capable of thumblike grapping, clawing, ripping, etc. Good luck fighting those of with 2 hands.

Not airballing my layups anymore

I assume BarberSchool has died from fighting a Gorilla...

Serious playground baller 1Time4YourMind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jtj5002
    I assume BarberSchool has died from fighting a Gorilla...

^^^ a gorilla's arm is like the size a grown man's WAIST!!!

any dude on here that thinks some MMA fighter can just throw one in an arm bar is completely clueless....

they can bench a ton (as in literally, like over 2,000 lbs)

and they have teeth ment to rip flesh, that is what they are desgned to do!

their natural way to attack or defend is to rip people's face off and maul thier hands...which is exactly what happens when humans get attacked by monkeys, they get their hands torn up a and their face ripped off thier skull...(yeah seriously)

^^^ that is what a chimp does to humans, they maul the face...a gorilla does the same thing only they are MUCH MUCH bigger and more powerful...

ALSO, that chimp that attacked that lady took MANY bullets by police guns before is slowed down at all...they can take a ton of punishment and keep going...it isn't like you can just punch one and knock it out or something...

Learning to shoot layups

I thought Wallace was a silverback????????

Quote Originally Posted by -playmaker-

^^^ a gorilla's arm is like the size a grown man's WAIST!!!

any dude on here that thinks some MMA fighter can just throw one in an arm bar is completely clueless....

they can bench a ton (as in literally, like over 2,000 lbs)

and they have teeth ment to rip flesh, that is what they are desgned to do!

their natural way to attack or defend is to rip people's face off and maul thier hands...which is exactly what happens when humans get attacked by monkeys, they get their hands torn up a and their face ripped off thier skull...(yeah seriously)

^^^ that is what a chimp does to humans, they maul the face...a gorilla does the same thing only they are MUCH MUCH bigger and more powerful...

ALSO, that chimp that attacked that lady took MANY bullets by police guns before is slowed down at all...they can take a ton of punishment and keep going...it isn't like you can just punch one and knock it out or something...

oh.....so your saying head movement with good take down defense...while creating "angles" won't work then?

I wonder if boxers, like let's say george foreman could k.o. the gorilla. I'm not sure but i remember reading that george packed a 1ton power punch.