Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron James & Ben Wallace Vs 1 Silverback Gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative
    lol at the people thinking 300 NBA players can take down a silverback. It's like saying 5000 rabbits can take down a grizzly bear.

it's not about the number, its about the competition

If this ever happened, not only does the gorilla win, he wins EMPHATICALLY and tears everyones brains and hearts out literally. People would be like DAM. Only morons think 5 humans shaqs size could beat a gorilla. It would be over in a heartbeat or two and it would be one ugly looking site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAvPD...eature=related

Even large 300lb wild ones like this wouldn't stand much of a chance unless they get control of both wrists and sink in deep bites. The question is how many times will it charge in a straight line and take strikes to it's eyeballs and spine before it wants to run away.

Grip and bite are it's biggest weapons. All anecdotal reports of their striking are fluff. I've never once seen a live video of a silverback which seemed capable of the type of strength claimed, or any video evidence of bar-bending strength or bone-crushing strikes.

Everyone......show me the biggest baddest most violent actual silverback (you can find on video.....please.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool

Even large 300lb wild ones like this wouldn't stand much of a chance unless they get control of both wrists and sink in deep bites. The question is how many times will it charge in a straight line and take strikes to it's eyeballs and spine before it wants to run away.

Grip and bite are it's biggest weapons. All anecdotal reports of their striking are fluff. I've never once seen a live video of a silverback which seemed capable of the type of strength claimed, or any video evidence of bar-bending strength or bone-crushing strikes.

Everyone......show me the biggest baddest most violent actual silverback (you can find on video.....please.

You are tripping. Once a gorilla gets pissed, it's over. You think a gorilla would run? Over a human? That is LINconceivable brother. You won't accept the fact that you would never be able to beat or hurt a gorilla.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dP_c...eature=related

Pick either one of them and put me in an enclosed area. I get to wear shoes. I'm forcing either one to run away and not want any more. Sorry people.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    dude you think you're tough?
    It's more about how pathetically over-hyped these gorillas are. Not once have I seen any unreal strength, or deadly strike. Not once. Neither one of those gorillas in the video could ever pose a serious threat to my life. They're about 4'5" and 200 lbs each, very lazy and uncoordinated. It'd be very easy to scare them away with even half-@ssed attacks. Get real. Show me the biggest baddest silverback you can find, at it's most aggressive state. Please. I beg you.

Banned

dude its no exaggeration that these things will EFFORTLESSLY kill you.

for example, do you know how THICK banana tree bark is ? here is a video of a silverback literally pulling the tree out the root of the ground and tearing it up like a piece of paper, all within seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4amRA0jl0qI

I think this was my most successful bump ever

It's more about how pathetically over-hyped these gorillas are. Not once have I seen any unreal strength, or deadly strike. Not once. Neither one of those gorillas in the video could ever pose a serious threat to my life. They're about 4'5" and 200 lbs each, very lazy and uncoordinated. It'd be very easy to scare them away with even half-@ssed attacks. Get real. Show me the biggest baddest silverback you can find, at it's most aggressive state. Please. I beg you.

Yea you laugh now. That thing will eat you to shreds man. Are you kidding me? Even a 200 pound gorilla, you would never have a chance against one. Nobody with a brain would want to fight one anyways. Don't try to think you are tough by acting like you aint scared to fight one. It's okay, let your ego go. They will rip your head off.

The question is how many times will it charge in a straight line and take strikes to it's eyeballs and spine before it wants to run away.
    If your arm doesn't get grabbed and chewed to pieces you're gonna break your hand punching a gorilla's brow ridge. And strike to it's spinal chord? What else? The touch of death?

Good luck punching your way through that kind of musculature

I really want to see what kind of physical specimen you are to act so confidently.

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

I think 2-3 humans with spears could kill a gorilla. They could fatally wound it, and it would probably just run away, instead of trying to attack them one at a time, while being stabbed. I think a chimp would probably pose more of a threat, despite being smaller, because they're more aggressive.

Unarmed, we would lose, period. Yes, we could theoretically swarm it like ants, and eventually beat it to death, or crush it under our weight, but humans don't really behave like that. If it was 300 unarmed humans vs 1 gorilla, we would all run away, or find a way to make it run away (by yelling, throwing stuff, etc.). We just aren't physically equipped to engage in hand to hand combat with most animals. If we were, we probably never would've invented weapons.

This is also assuming that the gorilla would actually confront a human, which I believe is pretty unlikely. I'm pretty sure their go to move is to run away, when they feel threatened.
    Last edited by Inactive; 02-25-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    I think 2-3 humans with spears could kill a gorilla. They could fatally wound it, and it would probably just run away, instead of trying to attack them one at a time, while being stabbed. I think a chimp would probably pose more of a threat, despite being smaller, because they're more aggressive.

Unarmed, we would lose, period. Yes, we could theoretically swarm it like ants, and eventually beat it to death, or crush it under our weight, but humans don't really behave like that. If it was 300 unarmed humans vs 1 gorilla, we would all run away, or find a way to make it run away (by yelling, throwing stuff, etc.). We just aren't physically equipped to engage in hand to hand combat with most animals. If we were, we probably never would've invented weapons.

This is also assuming that the gorilla would actually confront a human, which I believe is pretty unlikely. I'm pretty sure their go to move is to run away, when they feel threatened.

With weapons that opens up the playing field. But remember, this is just bare hands were talking here. Weapons don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cousy
    dude its no exaggeration that these things will EFFORTLESSLY kill you.

for example, do you know how THICK banana tree bark is ? here is a video of a silverback literally pulling the tree out the root of the ground and tearing it up like a piece of paper, all within seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4amRA0jl0qI
    Banana trees are weak dude. Little 140lb. thai dudes kick them over doing Muay Thai training all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAAfQ-uIYiw

Banned

Banana trees are weak dude. Little 140lb. thai dudes kick them over doing Muay Thai training all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAAfQ-uIYiw
    you posted a video of some dude using an appliance to cut down the tree.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    3-4 Kids won't be able to do anything. Are you being serious here?
    The original post you quoted was talking about 20 kids, way to not read smartass.

Quote Originally Posted by hookul
    I don't know.

Even heavyweight MMA/boxers normally cannot punch another MMA out with a few punches...and those probably can punch 5-10x harder than any 12 year old. So what are the 12 year olds going to do? Beat him (lets say a guy like Lesnar just for orientation) on the body or dry to break a limb? I do not think they could to anything by beating him on the body...not sure he would even feel it too hard to be honest. Remember...probably only 4-5 could attack him at the same time just because otherwise it becomes too crowded.

Then take into account that he (The fighter) could likely kill every single boy with one punch, kick with the knee, snap their necks, etc. It would probably not be a big effort for him.

Or take the analogy one step further...not sure how trained you are but let's assume you are a normal grown and athletic man between 20-40. Do you think that 100 5-year old could kill you without weapons and if you would be ready to harm them in any way possible? I just do not see how they could do it?
    They could:

- gouge his eyes
    - kick his nuts
    - bite his neck/vital area
    - tire him out
    - just overwhelm him with weight.

Any of these moves would be enough to ensure victory. It's really hard to break a neck with people pounding on your nuts. How about four 120 pounds kids attached to his legs and arms? What can he do then?

Now 5 years old is too young I think. Although if one hundred of them are in bloodlusted mode they'd kill an adult just as easily. You'd get overwhelmed. They don't even have to punch or anything, just swarm you from all over and try to sit on you. You'll suffocate soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by d21221hk
    The original post you quoted was talking about 20 kids, way to not read smartass.
    kids? KIDS? KIDS??? could take down a gorilla?