Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron James & Ben Wallace Vs 1 Silverback Gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by therammingman
    I didn't say the gorilla isn't ridiculously strong, but it can be done I'm certain. Not to mention, the human body is capable of amazing things in certain situations and I'm sure my adrenaline would be pumping so high I'd terminate that ***** ass monkey
    Yeah I'm sure 500 lbs of muscle will just let you choke him and whatnot without any resistance. It's a known fact that only humans have adrenaline.

this negga prolly trollin

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    Best there's nmot a silverback in the world of any size that could stop the heartbeat of any decent heavyweight in Strikeforce or the UFC. They might do damage with a bite, or use their grip strength to quickly gain some advantage and put the man in trouble, but their is no way a large athletic man with knowledge of striking or submissions could ever lose his life to any other primate. A predatory cat ? Yes. An elephant or Rhino ? Yes. But not another primate.
    no offense but you're delusional.

a silverback would not have any strength in a strike outward just because that's not how they attack, but when they pinned you down, they would hammer down with their massive hands with a strength akin to that of a sledge hammer. A blow would crack your ribs and rupture internal organs. They have a level of strength that is so far beyond any human, it's not even funny. That would be like my wife who is 5'3, 115lb fighting brock lesner. She could put any dazzling moves on she wanted, but when homeboy grabbed her, it's done. and that comparison is really not far off between a 6'2, 500lb. mountain silverback and a 250lb. heavyweight fighter.

You could not put a gorilla in an armbar and be able to hold the lock. It would just lift you up and smash you back down on the ground, knocking the wind out of it and maybe cracking your skull.

don't be dense.

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    Yeah I'm sure 500 lbs of muscle will just let you choke him and whatnot without any resistance. It's a known fact that only humans have adrenaline.
    Of course he would try to stop me, but so what? And being 500 lbs doesn't change the fact that once the sleeper hold is in place, any animal is fallible. As long as it isn't an surprise attack, I'd be all good putting his sorry ass down for the count.

Prime Ben Wallace is unstoppable

Of course he would try to stop me, but so what? And being 500 lbs doesn't change the fact that once the sleeper hold is in place, any animal is fallible. As long as it isn't an surprise attack, I'd be all good putting his sorry ass down for the count.
    a sleeper hold. really. a gorilla's neck/trapezius is as large around as your waist. You think you can choke off his air?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

I didn't say the gorilla isn't ridiculously strong, but it can be done I'm certain. Every animal has a weak point...like a shark if u tap it on the nose. Not to mention, the human body is capable of amazing things in certain situations and I'm sure my adrenaline would be pumping so high I'd terminate that b1tch ass monkey
    Hey if you're confident in a fight to the death that you could hit an apex predators weak point in the heat of the moment.. I'd love to see you make video guides on it with the live animals. Gorilla's aren't Apex predators because they mostly don't eat meat but but Sharks, Lions etc you mentioned.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 06-10-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    male silverbacks can weigh as much as 550 lbs. and their strength is more than 10x that of a man of the same size/weight.

They may not have a great punch, but if the silverback got its hands on you, you would never escape. They would crush a man's spine easily.

no human could fight an enraged male silverback
    Show me a silverback standing six feet tall weighing over 400 pounds. There may be a handful in the world.

And please show me a silverback who knows how to gain control of my legs.

Or one who can extend an untelegraphed strike anywhere near my face Their reach would be like that of a 5'5" fighter, and they don't punch, they swat. Yes, their hands are big, but it's all so telegraphed that unless it got on top of me, it won't land a single shot. I'll use lateral movement and my 80" reach to tag it's face repeatedly until it either runs away, or makes the mistake of exposing a limb.

The myth of a silverback gorilla beating down a large athletic man is LULZ.

Now, don't get me wrong, if you run or cower when it charges, it WILL knock you down. And if you can't hip escape or reverse it, and it gets on top of you and stays on top, and from there will use it's grip strength to control your wrists, and probably repeatedly bite your forearms causing huge blood loss, maybe then it'll strike your face with a downward hammer fist from a position where it could actually cause you to lose consciousness, and be killed.

But a man who could sprawl and use his striking and grappling know how to keep the gorilla at distance would easily be able to cause the gorilla to run away.

And to be perfectly honest you dion't even need that. A simple charlatan confidence trick of not budging when it charges will cause the gorilla to turn around. And if you charge it, it will run. No doubt.

Dunking on everybody in the park 24r2's Avatar

this is why i love ISH

Not airballing my layups anymore

Please make a video guide on youtube. We will play it at your funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    Prime Ben Wallace is unstoppable
    the gorilla would foul Ben and send him to the line, then he bangs gloria and destroys the kings confidence.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

a silverback would not have any strength in a strike outward just because that's not how they attack, but when they pinned you down, they would hammer down with their massive hands with a strength akin to that of a sledge hammer. A blow would crack your ribs and rupture internal organs. They have a level of strength that is so far beyond any human, it's not even funny. That would be like my wife who is 5'3, 115lb fighting brock lesner. She could put any dazzling moves on she wanted, but when homeboy grabbed her, it's done. and that comparison is really not far off between a 6'2, 500lb. mountain silverback and a 250lb. heavyweight fighter.

You could not put a gorilla in an armbar and be able to hold the lock. It would just lift you up and smash you back down on the ground, knocking the wind out of it and maybe cracking your skull.

don't be dense.
    are you like 50 years old? do you know what trolling is?

Show me a silverback standing six feet tall weighing over 400 pounds. There may be a handful in the world.

And please show me a silverback who knows how to gain control of my legs.

Or one who can extend an untelegraphed strike anywhere near my face Their reach would be like that of a 5'5" fighter, and they don't punch, they swat. Yes, their hands are big, but it's all so telegraphed that unless it got on top of me, it won't land a single shot. I'll use lateral movement and my 80" reach to tag it's face repeatedly until it either runs away, or makes the mistake of exposing a limb.

The myth of a silverback gorilla beating down a large athletic man is LULZ.

Now, don't get me wrong, if you run or cower when it charges, it WILL knock you down. And if you can't hip escape or reverse it, and it gets on top of you and stays on top, and from there will use it's grip strength to control your wrists, and probably repeatedly bite your forearms causing huge blood loss, maybe then it'll strike your face with a downward hammer fist from a position where it could actually cause you to lose consciousness, and be killed.

But a man who could sprawl and use his striking and grappling know how to keep the gorilla at distance would easily be able to cause the gorilla to run away.

And to be perfectly honest you dion't even need that. A simple charlatan confidence trick of not budging when it charges will cause the gorilla to turn around. And if you charge it, it will run. No doubt.
    A human would only have one chance of surviving an encounter with a male silverback. The silverback loses interest. if you get into contact with the creature you are done. They can run as fast as any human, are stronger than any 10 men combined. The human's only chance is that the Gorilla is at heart a fairly gentle creature.

don't be dense.
    I'm not disputing that a large silberback might have much more grip strength or forearm strength than me. I'm only 220 pounds and bench under 300pounds. But I'm 6'4" with a 6'8" wingspan, and I know submissions and kickboxing. My reaction time is great, and my punches are accurate. I can sprawl really quick, enough to keep a curreently 340 pound college heavyweight wrestler from taking me down....a gorilla only charges and tries to knock someone down....no chance. The animal has ZERO chance to get me down unless it gets control of an ankle or knee, and that will not happen unless there is more than one gorilla.
    Last edited by BarberSchool; 06-10-2011 at 10:46 PM.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

I'm not disputing that a large silberback might have much more grip strength or forearm strength than me. I'm only 220 pounds and bench under 300pounds. But I'm 6'4" with a 6'8" wingspan, and I know submissions and kickboxing. My reaction time is great, and my punches are accurate. I can sprawl really quick, enough to keep a 340 pound college wrestler from taking me down....a gorilla only charges and tries to knock someone down....no chance. The animal has ZERO chance to get me down unless it gets control of an ankle or knee, and that will not happen unless there is more than one gorilla.
    Could you beat up the entire troop of Gorillas too?