Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Default Re: CNN: Clevelanders laughing as LeBron loses

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    And what's that?
    God, you're annoying, did mummy not breastfeed you? take a hint.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    what?
    Dude, its called being a fan.
    When your franchise player, who you've supported for years, turns around and gives you the middle finger, are you supposed to wish him well? No. As a fan, you want him to falter...esp since he is now an opponent.
    Also, a fan is quite capable of focusing on its own franchise while concurrently hoping that certain player/franchise fails.
    Geezz dude, what kind of fan are YOU?
    Man, it's good to see you posting here again, you along with RBA are two of my fav posters on here, sort out these heartless drones, they really don't have a clue about the spirit of basketball.

Lebron, suck a big one!

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Cleveland Cavaliers, isn't that the team who had the worst streak in NBA history? They're embarrassing themselves. Lebron hasn't talked bad about you.
    They had a bad record because Lebron back-stabbed franchise, not hard to understand. If Lebron informed he is leaving beforehand and gave time for Cavs to reload instead of rebuild, they would have done just fine. Now they have to completely rebuild, "thanks" to certain someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    http://www.nba.com/games/20110216/LA...#nbaGIboxscore
    I think they ended up laughing anyway.
    winning one game really overcome the fact that they finished 19-63 including losing by 55 in one of those loses?

whatever makes you happy.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    winning one game really overcome the fact that they finished 19-63 including losing by 55 in one of those loses?

last season was a throw away for the cavs. we knew that from day one. we also know that our better days are ahead of us, hence why we're "loao" at LeBron and excited about the upcoming draft.

if not next year, the Cavs will be good the year after. Dan Gilbert isnt going to let this team rot in mediocricy.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke

No... It was a good year because we were able to get the No. 1 and No. 4 picks in the draft, we were able to evaluate a good deal of young talent and we pulled off some trades that will ultimately improve the future of the team.

Oh yeah... And the Heat lost.

I would say that, at the end of the day, this was a very positive NBA season for us... Not so much for you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    No... It was a good year because we were able to get the No. 1 and No. 4 picks in the draft, we were able to evaluate a good deal of young talent and we pulled off some trades that will ultimately improve the future of the team.

Oh yeah... And the Heat lost.

I would say that, at the end of the day, this was a very positive NBA season for us... Not so much for you.
    Lebron choking was more satisfying than the Heat losing

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by CLE[216]
    Because he said he was on multiple occasions. There is video evidence.

Then post it

Because he was rather noncommittal over the whole thing.

I have no issue with Cavs fans hating him but I do find it funny that he's hated more in Ohio than Tressel.

Especially since most of Ohio are Buckeye fans than Cavs fans.

I guess the Ohio governor has nothing else better to do. I'm not sure what's funnier lebron performance or city of Cleveland rejoicing every failure of lebron (which is sad). Push.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan
    Then post it

I have no issue with Cavs fans hating him but I do find it funny that he's hated more in Ohio than Tressel.

Why would people in Ohio hate Tressel?

He committed NCAA violations and lost his job. He had a nice run at OSU, though, and will be remembered as the guy who brought the school its first National Championship in over 30 years. What, exactly, did he do to warrant being 'hated' in Ohio?

Anyone that doesn't understand Clevelanders and Ohioians dislike of James, imo, don't really understand what it means to be a fan of a hometown team. That is fine, because a lot of the people on here are fans of players or fans of franchises that are thousands of miles away... I wouldn't expect people like that to really 'get' the bad taste that was left in our mouths over that whole experience.

Fact is, most everybody else does get it. And, no... This isn't a case of 'holding on' or 'not letting it go.' My life as a sports fan doesn't live or die based on James. Had he won a title this week instead of losing it, I wouldn't be burying my head in the sand or crying myself to sleep. I wanted him to lose, but it wasn't the most important thing in my sports world... That would be the upcoming draft.

Still, my disdain for James isn't going anywhere. Just because we don't like him and will continue not liking him doesn't mean that we are 'not letting it go.' For me, 'letting it go' meant no longer seeing him in a Cavaliers uniform and wishing that he was still in Cleveland. I was over that relatively quickly and have actually really embraced being on the otherside of things.

That doesn't mean that I will have no opinion on James or the Heat, though, and that I will be indifferent as to whether or not he wins or loses... I will ALWAYS hope that he fails... ALWAYS hope that this Miami experiment blows up.

Cleveland fans aren't indifferent about many things. Art Modell moved the Browns out of Cleveland 15 years ago and he still gets daily hate mail and can't return to the city. James will be getting booed mercilessly five years from now when he comes to Cleveland and people around here will ALWAYS rejoice in his failings.

We will never be indifferent about James... nor should we be. Cleveland is a very large chapter in James' biography and, thus, the city will always hold strong opinions about him... Just as, I'm sure, he holds strong opinions about us. Hell, the guy brought up Cleveland after one of his most monumental victories in Miami about a month ago.

He will always be somewhere on our minds and we will always be somewhere on his.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 06-14-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan
    Then post it

If anyone from that whole OSU fiasco was to be vilified, it should be Ray Small. His snitching basically nailed Tressel's coffin, smfh.

LBJ is a choker, Cleveland is better off starting anew, he's Miami's problem now...

C A V A L I E R S

Cleveland Fans are way bigger losers than LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    You don't have to be a Clevelander to laugh. The vast majority of whole world was rooting for the Mavs.
    This.